XS Southeast 2016 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
    I will throw one in the back of the truck that you can use Dan.
    That is very kind! Now, who's got room for a queen size mattress? Haha! Looking forward to the weekend, will there be "hello my name is" tags?
    79 F

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbshea View Post
      Looking forward to the weekend, will there be "hello my name is" tags?
      Yep

I bought 100 pack of "Hello my Name is" tags and some marking pens. Thought it would make Fridays Meet 'n Greet easier. Better connect names & faces for the newer people and those like me that need a reminder.

When everyone comes in to Register they also get their pre-ordered shirt, goodie bag & raffle tickets they can make themselves a name tag if they are so inclined.

I'm heading over the mountain to NC here shortly to ride the routes, make sure the toilets at the gas stops flush and eat at the eat stops. So I get enjoyment of two XSSE two weekends in a row.

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Bike's together and runs, I just need the center stand welded and I am so out of here! With or without the 'stand I'll leave tomorrow because I do have to, you know, clean up and put everything away or it won't be here when I get back.
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Okay, the bike is out of storage and running great. Looks like I'm going to make it. See everyone Friday.
          1981 XS11000SH being used for parts (Sold off)

Also have:
          2009 Harley Davidson FLSTC with over 120K miles. All mine.

Currently traveling the country with an aluminum can in tow and a motorcycle in the truck bed in search of the perfect road.

Comment

• Hi Scott,

I know where Simi Valley is. A long, long way from Stecoah. Be safe and good luck.

Hi Rich,

Not sure how long it takes to get to Stecoah from "everywhere". May have trouble with your GPS on that one. But good luck and be safe too.
            1981 XS1100H Venturer
            K&N Air Filter
            ACCT
            Custom Paint by Deitz
            Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
            Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
            Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
            Stebel Nautilus Horn
            EBC Front Rotors
            Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• I'll be riding down from the Fredericksburg, VA area this year. It's a 7hr ride, flat out.
              1981 XS11000SH being used for parts (Sold off)

Also have:
              2009 Harley Davidson FLSTC with over 120K miles. All mine.

Currently traveling the country with an aluminum can in tow and a motorcycle in the truck bed in search of the perfect road.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichV View Post
                I'll be riding down from the Fredericksburg, VA area this year. It's a 7hr ride, flat out.
                https://www.mapquest.com/directions/...coah-283414776
                1981 XS1100H Venturer
                K&N Air Filter
                ACCT
                Custom Paint by Deitz
                Stebel Nautilus Horn
                EBC Front Rotors

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                  Bike's together and runs, I just need the center stand welded and I am so out of here! With or without the 'stand I'll leave tomorrow because I do have to, you know, clean up and put everything away or it won't be here when I get back.
                  According to MapQuest, your trip will only take 35 hours - give or take a day or 4. Don't forget the Monkey Butt.

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/...coah-283414776
                  Last edited by MPittma100; 09-17-2016, 05:48 PM.
                  1981 XS1100H Venturer
                  K&N Air Filter
                  ACCT
                  Custom Paint by Deitz
                  Stebel Nautilus Horn
                  EBC Front Rotors

Mike

Comment

• Longest Ride

Who has the longest ride to XSSE 2016. Looking at 3Phase coming from Simi Valley, CA. He has about a 36 hour journey and about 2300 miles. Is anyone traveling anywhere close to that? Great Scott!
                    1981 XS1100H Venturer
                    K&N Air Filter
                    ACCT
                    Custom Paint by Deitz
                    Stebel Nautilus Horn
                    EBC Front Rotors

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                      Who has the longest ride to XSSE 2016. Looking at 3Phase coming from Simi Valley, CA. He has about a 36 hour journey and about 2300 miles. Is anyone traveling anywhere close to that? Great Scott!
                      Scott's ride makes my nearly 1000 miles seem not far at all
                      Phil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                        Scott's ride makes my nearly 1000 miles seem not far at all
                        Phil
                        Agreed! How about consecutive hours off saddle time? I expect about 12 barring real issue...
                        79 F

Comment

• Today was 'Ride the Routes' day. Just a spectacular day and I had a blast. Did do a bit to much talking to people along the journey so got to our Saturday Lunch stop about 4pm. Oh well late, but the food was real tasty. They all set up for us next Saturday. Seating for 70. I had FUN day of riding on some of my favorite roads.

I try to throw some UNIQUE LOCAL things into the Rides This is our first Gas Stop on the Saturday Ride
                          TC's Market thought y'd like this as a pit stop

Obviously they Don't Mess around here at TC's

Sunset up on the BRP Had a great sunset ride off the Mountain A Rest Stop on our Saturday Rally Ride so hope it is as pretty next week

Came off the Mountain and staying overnight at 'the Pink' in Cherokee
                          $97 bucks, but its getting into busy fall season so most places say NO VACANCY

Roads in good shape. Mostly smooth as always, but a few choppy spots (we are in the mountains). Friday evening SAFETY DISCUSSION will be important to attend. There are some real technical sections on Canada Road. Great ride but technical. For that I'm thinking we have a 40 mph group, a 35 mph, a 30 mph group and maybe a 25 mph group. Its quite a thrill ride at 40 mph. Makes the Dragon look like a kiddie ride. Couple spots with double downshifting too so bike in the power-band.

That's all for now. Plan to ride over to Stecoah tomorrow AM. Stop at Deals Gap. Then putt-putt to Etowah and have lunch with Marty at our Sunday Lunch spot before heading home.

Hope everybody has checked out their bikes carefully and looked things over carefully. Hope everybody knows what on their bike drags in a curve and what happens when it does. Just in case something does scrape on one of the dipsey-doodles in an off camber, decreasing radius curve with a dip. We all just need to be careful and go at our own pace.

btw: surprisingly the wifi works quite well at the 'the Pink'. Got pics posted without too much hassle

We look forward to seeing everyone here next Friday at the Iron Horse. yippie

Jeff
                          Last edited by JeffH; 09-17-2016, 08:18 PM.
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Hi JeffH Thanks for looking out for us. Those rocking chairs look inviting to this old guy
                            Phil
                            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                              Hi JeffH Thanks for looking out for us. Those rocking chairs look inviting to this old guy
                              Phil
                              Rockers were good. You can sit there next Saturday if you promise to get rolling when group is ready. Rockers sure bit me today. Got a Coke and was sitting there and guy named Dave came up and asked me to watch his BBQ sandwich while he got a Coke. So hour later I'm still talking with Dave. A psychologist that worked for the school district. Interesting guy. TC's has Boiled Peanuts if anyone is so inclined to get Boiled Peanuts. yum

BTW: did you happen to notice that the Macho Maroon Kurt painted on my bike sure looks quite orange in the setting sun?

Have a good ride down.

Everyone have a fun & safe ride in next week. Guess Gary & Bruce made it to N GA. I looked for them but didn't seem them today as I was traveling north from Atlanta.

Jeff
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Thanks, Mike, this should be fun if I don't run out of gas somewhere in Texas or Nood Mexico.

I forgot to check and find out if there's anything like the long stretch out of Flagstaff through the Indian Reservation with no gas stations. I almost had to walk.
                                -- Scott
                                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                                1979 XS1100F: parts
                                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X