No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2016 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Jeff...there seems to be plenty of gas available in the Raleigh area...majority of stations are open..i think we'll be fine....I'm more concerned about the weather..
    Last edited by madmax-im; 09-20-2016, 06:01 AM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• prices are between $2.09 -$2.29 for regular...
      Last edited by madmax-im; 09-20-2016, 06:01 AM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Weather does not look bad. Friday, Sat and Sunday highs in the low 80s lows in the 60s with a 10 to 20% chance of rain each day.
        Cooler would be nice but I'll take that.
        Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
        Current rides:
        80 XS1100SG
        82 JX1100
        83 Venture Royale
        86 V-Max

Comment

• They are calling for 80% chance of rain here Thursday...i just hope i don't awaken to a deluge as i would have to ride the 30 miles to get to you...please..no deja vu's
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Yep , as I remember it was like that last year. We awoke to a full day of non stop rain. You'll be OK Thursday early its only suppose to be a small chance of a passing shower. Once you get here it will be a dry ride.
            Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
            Current rides:
            80 XS1100SG
            82 JX1100
            83 Venture Royale
            86 V-Max

Comment

• Menu

I have received my copy of the menus for our week end.
              Good luck filling in the form....despite my computer I think I did it

For those not registered that want to eat with us: Now would be a good time to contact I H and set up your account.

Must be nearly time to go
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                I have received my copy of the menus for our week end.
                Good luck filling in the form....despite my computer I think I did it

For those not registered that want to eat with us: Now would be a good time to contact I H and set up your account. yep, thanks for the reminder

Must be nearly time to go
                Phil
                Friday 23rd
                1 ticket per person please
                $9.50 Spaghetti & Meatballs , salad bar & garlic bread
                $10.95 Chicken Parmesean,spaghetti,salad bar & garlic bread
                $6.95 Salad Bar only w/ garlic bread
                $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee

Saturday 24th
                $17.95 8oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar & Baked Potato R MR M MW W
                $21.95 12oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar, & Baked Potato
                $14.95 Salmon, Salad Bar & Baked Potato
                $7.95 Salad Bar & Baked Potato Potato Choice:
                $6.95 Salad Bar Only Regular
                $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee Sweet

Sunday 25th
                $9.95 Country Fried Steak with mashed potatoes & gravy, choice of 1 sides and roll
                $9.95 Blacken Catfish with rice and choice of 1 sides
                green beans
                side salad
                corn
                $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee

See ya Friday,
                Jeff
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Here are the instructions that came with the Meals Email from I-H.
                  I-H buys the necessary food for the upcoming weekend on Thursday or Friday AM. So it is a big deal for them to know how much of what items to purchase for us this weekend. It makes things in the kitchen go smoother too so we all get served promptly at meal time.

Remember, I-H also has a Breakfast Menu that you can fill out and pay for the night before. Or at check-in just fill out your breakfast choices and pay for the 1, 2 or 3 breakfasts you plan to have.
                  i'm going for 3

See ya, Jeff

From I-H:
                  We look forward to your visit this week. Please help us with our meal planning by filling out the attached meal tickets for the nights you plan to dine with us. Simply save the attached to your computer, fill out and email back to us at info@ironhorsenc.com. If this doesn’t work, you can call in your order or just list out your choices on an email.

EXPRESS CHECK IN – If you plan to leave your room charge and meals on the credit card we have on file, email us and tell us you want EXPRESS CHECK IN When you arrive you can stop at the office to sign for your key and you are done. This really speeds up check in.

Massage Therapy is available by appointment. Please call ahead and schedule your appointment.

Adult beverages – We are in a dry county (we can’t sell adult beverages) you are welcome to bring your own. We have coolers and ice available.

Ride Safe,
                  Charlene
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Pipeline

Colonial Pipeline reports;

"We project a Line 1 restart of tomorrow, Weds. September 21.
                    Construction and positioning of the bypass segment is complete. Colonial is now executing a hydrostatic test of the segment to ensure its structural integrity. Upon successful completion of the test, we will begin the process of tying the bypass segment into Line 1 and preparing for a safe restart of the line".

Phil.
                    That was pretty fast work. I wonder if the bypass will become the replacement pipe in that section. Probably take a few more days for all the terminal tanks and stations to get filled up.
                    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• I-H Corner

Here is the Iron Horse corner where you make the turn. In case its your first time, or in case you forgot.
                      When rolling along down NC28 in either direction you see the Stecoah Diner (looks like a Carolina Blue paint scheme, our shirts)
                      then turn there and follow the signs back to the I-H.

About .7 miles back then make a left and another .9 miles or so on your left down the driveway.
                      Iron Horse reminds us to be respectful of their neighbors (Speed & Noise).

Jeff
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by IMRICH View Post
                        Hello all,

New here. Plan on attending my first rally with Bigfoot on me-ole-magna. He brags on you guys frequently and I'm looking forward to meeting.
                        Hey Rich, sorry I missed you posting this. Looking forward to the weekend.
                        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                        '82 XJ1100
                        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Won't sleep tonight...

if I do, it will be pleasant dreams.

I'm all loaded up and ready to start the (trailer) trip down from Detroit as soon as I can escape work tomorrow.

I'm spending tomorrow night at my sister/BOL house in Dayton.

I should arrive at IH before dinner on Thursday if all goes well.

See you there!
                          -Mike
                          _________
                          '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                          '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                          '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                          '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                          '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                          '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                          '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• Out in the garage right now replacing some leaky (Leak Proof) fork seals.

Gonna ride up to KC this afternoon and load my bike up with Bigfoot and IMRICH and (SMDH) trailer my bike to the bike rally.

I may never be able to live this down.
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                              Out in the garage right now replacing some leaky (Leak Proof) fork seals.

Gonna ride up to KC this afternoon and load my bike up with Bigfoot and IMRICH and (SMDH) trailer my bike to the bike rally.

I may never be able to live this down.
                              Awesome bro...don't matter how you get here..it will be great to see you again...welcome to curmudgeon-dom...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• WOW, getting some last minute 'surprise guests' coming. This is good.

So far, the weather is looking to be awesome for the entire weekend. Bring some sunscreen. Fri-Sat-Sun forecasts all the same:
                                On the Asheville NC side (Saturday Rally Ride) Mostly Sunny lows of 60 and highs in low 80's.
                                On the Knoxville TN side (Sunday Rally Ride) Hazy & Hot 65 at night and 91 day.
                                Can't predict the weather, but its looking really good in the Prog Charts. So TENT @ I-H seems perfect (all the cabins sold out).
                                At the I-H say low 50's at night. Up in the mountains at higher elevations expect colder.

So its about TIME to RALLY

Seems the backfield is in motion today. More joining the convergence tomorrow. Team Atlanta will ride up Friday Morning. We sure look forward to seeing everyone. Have a nice ride in whether it is bike or towing your bike.

Iron Horse is saying as of this AM obtaining gas (or diesel for your diesel truck) is not an issue. Said a few stations are even getting fuel drops. Please have enough gas in your bike to be able to ride 60 miles on Saturday AM to the first fuel stop.

1- so everybody already registered received the I-H menus via email. Please let I-H know your meal selections asap so they can order the proper amounts of meats & such.

2- PM me with your email address if you would like a GPS file or a turn-by-turn TripTic.

3- Keep your eye on the gas gauge. Don't arrive the mountains on empty.

4- Friday (after say 2pm) we will have XSSE Rally Squad doing Meet n' Greet out front of I-H as you arrive. Then Check-In with I-H to get your room key and food paid for. Don't forget to order your Saturday Breakfast when you check-in. The Register with XSSE and get your shirt & raffle tickets in the main dining hall.

5- Remember Riders Meeting Friday after dinner. We will organize Ride Groups and talk about riding these roads safely & ride protocol; so every rider can Ride-their-Ride safely but within their skill level + experience and within the capability of their machine.

Let the FUN begin. Its looking like this 15th Annual XSSE

Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X