No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2016 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got off the phone with Iron Horse and I have changed from camping to a bunk house.

How many are staying over til Monday morning?
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Out in the garage right now replacing some leaky (Leak Proof) fork seals.

Gonna ride up to KC this afternoon and load my bike up with Bigfoot and IMRICH and (SMDH) trailer my bike to the bike rally.

I may never be able to live this down.
      Hmmmnnn... Well....
      Now THAT'S funny, right there!

Drips with irony.

'82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
        Just got off the phone with Iron Horse and I have changed from camping to a bunk house.

Normally we have at least 15+ that stay over Sunday night and check out Monday. Thats why I-H does a Sunday dinner. They normally don't offer a Sunday dinner, but with so enough people staying overnight Sunday they offer a dinner for our convenience. That works out great because we can take a nicer Sunday ride and know we can relax and have a nice dinner when we get back from our day ride.

See ya soon, yippie
        Jeff
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
          Just got off the phone with Iron Horse and I have changed from camping to a bunk house.

Joy and I are
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

• The Lew Crew is staying until Mon a.m. as well thats 5 of us...;Were coming up tmrw and should be there by early afternoon...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I am bringing a long haired Okie along with me. It was a last minute addition but I am glad he decided to come. Just gotta make sure he stays on the road this time
              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
              '82 XJ1100
              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Its raining in Norfolk VA, same as last time we went this way.

Left Ottawa Monday afternoon and have gone south-east mostly on secondary roads through New York, Pennsylvania Delaware, Maryland and Virginia, enjoyed the Lucius J. Kellam Jr Bridge-Tunnel Rain mostly stayed away on the bridge and the Tunnels were dry, but torrents in Norfolk, so we are holed up at a Days Inn 100 miles short of our planned destination of Roanoke Rapids. Rain not too stressful but the knee deep water on the roads is another story.

Should arrive IH Friday around noon.

Ted and Heather

Comment

• That effing low pressure has been stuck in the same area the past 3 days...i am so sick of this rain...good news is that the further west you go the better it gets...Be safe Ted n Heather
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by ELDR View Post
                    Its raining in Norfolk VA, same as last time we went this way.

Left Ottawa Monday afternoon and have gone south-east mostly on secondary roads through New York, Pennsylvania Delaware, Maryland and Virginia, enjoyed the Lucius J. Kellam Jr Bridge-Tunnel Rain mostly stayed away on the bridge and the Tunnels were dry, but torrents in Norfolk, so we are holed up at a Days Inn 100 miles short of our planned destination of Roanoke Rapids. Rain not too stressful but the knee deep water on the roads is another story.

Should arrive IH Friday around noon.

Ted and Heather
                    So you are saying you wanted to check out the remnants of a hurricane?
                    then drove right to it.

Sunny here and we hope it stays that way for the next five days. Weather for the rally is looking to be splendidly nice.

Jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Big Top

Anybody have plans to stay in the Brents Big Tent if he were to bring his Big Tent?

Otherwise he will stay in the Bunkhouse or bring his small tent. No sense him packing the 5 man Big Top when nobody will be using it. Besides, weather looks to be nice. So no big tent unless he has some house mates that come forward.

Jeff
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Don't forget to fill your tank before you come in! Fill in Robbinsville, Bryson City, or if coming from The Dragon you may be able to fill at the Tuskeegee Motel.
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

• Packed and ready for an early start. Good to hear some of the late additions that are going to make it. Will be great to see the familiar faces and some new ones.
                          Phil
                          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Won't be arriving till Saturday morning. Not established wether we will arrive before the morning run. Depends how stuff we are from the previous day.

That being said, definitely gonna miss xsse check in and meet n greet. Bummer, what's protocol for late arrivals?
                            79 F

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbshea View Post
                              Won't be arriving till Saturday morning. Not established wether we will arrive before the morning run. Depends how stuff we are from the previous day.

That being said, definitely gonna miss xsse check in and meet n greet. Bummer, what's protocol for late arrivals?
                              On Saturday am the ride groups will leave hopefully say 9:05 to 9:15. There may be some stragglers (probably me) that leaves later, say 09:30. You would certainly want to unload your gear before taking the Sat Ride. I wasn't sure where you were stopping at your friends Fri pm, if that was Knoxville or further north, but another option would be to get squared away at I-H then ride US74 to Sylva, NC107 to Cashiers, then US 64 in Brevard and join us for lunch there. We can get you registered (raffle tickets and shirt and sign on Sat afternoon. After the ride.

Have a fun ride heading south.

Jeff
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Well, I'm just about ready to go. My plan is to stay at Natural Bridge state park near Lexington tonight. I'm dreading todays ride, but am looking forward to tomorrows! See ya'll soon.
                                Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X