XS Southeast 2016 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS Southeast 2016 Discussion

So we are all set with the Iron Horse for 2016.

Its confirmed:
    XS Southeast Rally September 23, 24, 25, 2016.

Jeff,
    Horizons has released that weekend in 2016 so we have you scheduled for your last full weekend in Sept (23,24,25). I sent out confirmation letters yesterday with the correct dates. Sorry for any confusion! Also, for 2017, we have Sept 29,30,Oct 1 held for your group. Just let me know if you have any questions! Pam

These folks (Horizons) had booked the whole Iron Horse for that whole week in 2016 but its now resolved. These riders are really live the dream (but I think we have more FUN)

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/eve...-carolina-2015

> So its time to mark the dates on your calendar for our 2016 XS Southeast Rally.
    > As always, Iron Horse blocks out their entire facility for us until January. That gives us 1st dibs on making a Room Reservation. In fact, if you stayed in a room at the Iron Horse this year you get 1st priority at re-booking that same room.
    > As always, you can reserve your room now and hold it with a Credit Card with NO CHARGE. You have until July 22 to cancel if your plans change so you can BOOK NOW and not pay anything until one nights deposit is due on July 23, 2016.
    > So why wait around? Book 'em Danno http://ironhorsenc.com/rates/

RIDE SAFE

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

-Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Our XS Southeast Rally September 23, 24, 25 - 2016

REMINDER: The Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge blocks out their entire facility for us XSives so we
      can have first crack at making our room reservations or accommodation for our September XS Southeast Rally.
      They block other groups and the public from making reservations through January 2016.

So be sure to make your room reservations in January. As always, you can hold your room with a credit card and NOTHING will be charged until July when the first nights room deposit is due. So its easy to BOOK NOW and pay later or cancel later if your plans change.
      Repeat: no money or deposit is required until July, just a valid credit card to hold the reservation.

Be sure to let them know you are with the XS group.

COME JOIN THE FUN in the Blue Ridge Mountains
      http://ironhorsenc.com/
      Stecoah, NC phone: 828-479-3864

Note: this is a family run business and they multi-task so its likely you will just have to leave a voice message and they will call you back.

PM JeffH or jetmechMarty if you have any questions. We will post another update in January after we talk with Iron Horse.

Happy Holidays
      Jeff

ps. Don't forget the upcoming ride opportunity. XS Rally in Silver Springs FLA, Friday Feb 19 to Sunday Feb 21
      (with Saturday ride in Ocala National forest with lunch at backwoods bbq)
      see the Florida 2016 thread for Rally details ..............
      Last edited by JeffH; 12-24-2015, 03:35 PM.
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Friday is the deadline.

This is a popular rally at a very popular resort. Are you thinking about attending. Now is the time to make your reservation.

Greetings from Ironhorse!

We hope everyone has had a fantastic holiday season! If you are receiving this email then we have you listed as a leader/contact person for your group. As you know, we have been holding blocks of our lodging for your group since requested. The deadline for this hold is January 15th. If your group members have not contacted us to reserve as of yet, please remind them to do so. At the end of business Fri 1/15, we will release these held units to the general public. If you have any questions/concerns, please contact us in the office (M-F 9am-2pm) at 828-479-3864 or thru email at info@ironhorsenc.com.

We look forward to seeing all of you in the 2016 season!

Pam
        Ironhorse Motorcycle Resort
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Man! I'm hearing gas might drop down below $1 again. $3 a tank rather than $15 a tank will make travelling much nicer.

Haven't really made any solid plans for next season and haven't talked much about it with the wild eyed southern boys but I can pretty much guarantee I'll eventually get back out there.

XS Southeast memories (and scars ) will be something that'll stay with me forever.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            Man! I'm hearing gas might drop down below $1 again. $3 a tank rather than $15 a tank will make travelling much nicer.

Haven't really made any solid plans for next season and haven't talked much about it with the wild eyed southern boys but I can pretty much guarantee I'll eventually get back out there.

XS Southeast memories (and scars ) will be something that'll stay with me forever.
            That would be nice if diesel would drop in relationship.......Heck, if I can still do the 'two'wheel' upright thing, I just may consider trailering the Bentley that distance. Don't think my backside could do the 1800+mi. on two-wheels one way, let alone both ways.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Diesel was cheaper than regular for a while last fall.

You would get a kick out of XSSE Brant. Last time I was there, 2 years ago, there were 50 bikes and 6 of them, I think, were Bob Jones bikes.

The roads are superior and so is the company.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                That would be nice if diesel would drop in relationship.......Heck, if I can still do the 'two'wheel' upright thing, I just may consider trailering the Bentley that distance. Don't think my backside could do the 1800+mi. on two-wheels one way, let alone both ways.
                It ain't quite that far. You get yourself into riding shape and trailer half way we could set you up and ride the rest of the way.

It's 850 mi from Tulsa. 2 days and we usually stay in Nashville on the way over and Memphis on the way back.

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Posted to XJBikes!

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                  This is a popular rally at a very popular resort. Are you thinking about attending. Now is the time to make your reservation.
                  Marty,
                  I posted it over at XJBikes.com. Hopefully we get a few of those guys too.

http://www.xjbikes.com/forums/thread...9/#post-493944

Kurt
                  Kurt Boehringer
                  Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
                  1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                  1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
                  1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
                  1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                  1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
                  1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
                  1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
                  1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
                  1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
                  1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
                  1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
                  2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Make the reservation if you want a bed. They won't charge your card until 60 days out. The place is going to fill up.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

As of today, our space is no longer blocked. Make your reservation. Let's fill the place up!
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                        As of today, our space is no longer blocked. Make your reservation. Let's fill the place up!
                        Hi Marty,
                        I have booked room 101 again It took 3 emails and a phone call to sort out. IH require acknowledgement of their terms to confirm a reservation.

It is way too early to know if Ben is sharing with me this year like we have for the past few years.
                        Phil
                        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post

It is way too early to know if Ben is sharing with me this year like we have for the past few years.
                          Phil
                          Good luck Phil.
                          80 SG
                          81 SH in parts
                          99 ST1100
                          91 ST1100

Comment

I reserved a room in the semi private cabins. I plan on heading down that Friday or perhaps Thu night and returning Monday.
                            Darrell
                            78E
                            80G project
                            06FJR

Comment

XS Southeast Rally UPDATE

FYI: as of March 11 the Ironhorse still has blocked out 100% of their rooms just for us XS Riders
                              ~ they are 'still' HOLDING their entire facility just for us so we can have 1st crack at getting a reservation ~

Its a very nice gesture & they do appreciate having us as much as we enjoy being at Ironhorse and
                              riding some of the Great American Classic Bike Roads around western NC + GA & TN & SC.

A lot of people have already booked
                              Some are waiting to book

Remember you can book now and hold your reservation with a credit card. Nothing is charged.
                              If your plans change and you need to cancel you can Cancel by July 23 without any costs or charges at all.

Available as of March 10, 2016
                              - Cabins: 103, 104, 203, 204
                              - Bunkhouse
                              - RV spots
                              - Homestead Rooms
                              - Lonestar Rooms
                              - Tent Camping

Remember Ironhorse has a Unload-Load dock for easy Off-On if you truck your bike

So your chance to BOOK before Ironhorse releases the available rooms to the general public.
                              Come join us, what you drive is irrelevant. The Rally fun & fellowship is great no matter if on XS11, any Vintage Japanese bike or whatever you got.
                              Bringing your RV or drive your car is great too. Ironhorse is a great BIKER venue built just for BIKERS to hang out + eat + ride + stay.

DATE: XS Southeast Rally September 23-24-25, 2016
                              Reservation info for Ironhorse: http://ironhorsenc.com/
                              Optional small Motel a few miles away: http://tuskeegeemotel.com/

Darrell, look forward to seeing you & riding with you again. Last time was in Canada i think.

Six months to go so i guess its time for whomever (Mike & Brent & Marty & Kurt & I + anybody else that wants to help)
                              to get down to routes & plans & shirts & planning that 'always hilariously funny' XSive Saturday night Awards event.

Guess that's it for now. And if you have never been to Ironhorse; well, we have a BLAST. BOOK EM'

Jeff
                              Last edited by JeffH; 03-11-2016, 10:30 AM.
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E
                              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                              X