Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
    Hi Ben,
    I put in an order alreeady. Sunny and warm ...all the way from NY and back...all week end. It's going to be awesome
    Phil
    Yeah...looking for the like button...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

For those who are waiting or have already waited too long to get a room, there is alternate lodging up the road at the Tuskeegee Motel. Reports are that it's a nice place. The Iron Horse has plenty of room to set up a tent.

We are shaping up to have the most well attended rally in our history. Come and be part of it.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

I just booked the last semi-private cabin. Bunk house and the big house is still available.
        Mark Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by mastan View Post
          I just booked the last semi-private cabin. Bunk house and the big house is still available.
          Mark Stanton
          Hey Mark What were you waiting for ? You have known you are coming since last September
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
            Hey Mark What were you waiting for ? You have known you are coming since last September
            Phil
            Well, I had to make sure I could get the time off for one thing. Plus, I had to run it by swmbo, and I'll be sure to do that first thing tomorrow.

Comment

Well, I had to make sure I could get the time off for one thing. Plus, I had to run it by swmbo, and I'll be sure to do that first thing tomorrow.
              Hi Mark,
              I booked back in January and have not told work when I am going
              No swmbo so I just do as I please
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Mark Stanton
                The big house...

See ya there buddy
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

The 15th annual is going to be the biggest one yet. We're going to fill that place with vintage Japanese bikes!
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

90 day mark

SE Rally coming up in about 90 days. the 15th Annual SE Rally

Shirt: we plan to have a shirt thread posted by the last week of July. Last year worked well with shirt orders and so many paying with PayPal ahead of time. (that sure helps take that the bite out of fronting $800 or more for the shirts). So all the details will be posted when we get the Shirt thread posted.

Iron Horse: as has been mentioned, there is still plenty of camping places available but the cabins are sold out for our rally. Tuskeegee Motel down NC 28 west of I-H is still an option but if they get full there are a couple motels in Robbinsville NC about 12 miles away. Plus as another option, Kick Stand Lodge is just east of I-H right on NC HWY28. kickstandlodge.com

Routes & Lunch stops will be posted early August after I get back from the Colorado Rally.

If you haven't made plans yet to attend please do so. We will be there Sept 23-24-25-26 so join us at I-H as you can, or take one of the day rides with us. All bikes welcome. We anticipate another great showing of 20+ XS1100's plus a bunch of neat Vintage Japanese and other bikes to look at and ride with.

Jeff
                    Last edited by JeffH; 06-22-2016, 11:25 PM.
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I just requested an RV spot for the 23rd through the 25th. I'm not sure if I will even be able to make it due to work, or even if my bike will be running by then! I anticipate that the bike may not me FMC, but I'll bring it anyway in hopes of having some wisdom and love put to it in order to get it back on the road again.

Regardless, I imagine it would be a fun weekend for the wife and kids so I hope to make it!

- Adrian
                      2005 YZF-R1
                      2002 XV1700 Warrior
                      1981 XS1100H

Comment

Adrian,
                        The IronHorse resort is exceptionally nice, even if you just hang out all weekend. I look forward to seeing you and family there!
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                          Adrian,
                          The IronHorse resort is exceptionally nice, even if you just hang out all weekend. I look forward to seeing you and family there!
                          Marty,

Thanks! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I've been on these boards for 5 years now and I have yet to make it out for a single ride. Hopefully the bike will be up for this, but if not I'm sure the fam and I will have a great time anyway!
                          2005 YZF-R1
                          2002 XV1700 Warrior
                          1981 XS1100H

Comment

It's not looking like I can make it this year. We'll be back in the area but we have a pending birth of a grandchild during that period. I could still possibly make it but if I don't, I hope everyone has a great time.
                            1981 XS11000SH being used for parts (Sold off)

Also have:
                            2009 Harley Davidson FLSTC with over 120K miles. All mine.

Currently traveling the country with an aluminum can in tow and a motorcycle in the truck bed in search of the perfect road.

Comment

A little late to the party...just made the decision to attend. Has anyone spent time in the bunk house? I don't need anything fancy, a place to rinse off and a spot to store my head at night.

I'm going to contact iron horse and see if any things still available, o/w I'll check further up the road.
                              79 F

Comment

Originally posted by Dbshea View Post
                                A little late to the party...just made the decision to attend. Has anyone spent time in the bunk house? I don't need anything fancy, a place to rinse off and a spot to store my head at night.

I'm going to contact iron horse and see if any things still available, o/w I'll check further up the road.
                                The rooms are pretty small and expensive. If you don't mind sleeping in a tent (What I've done every time) I would recommend camping Dan.

If you don't want to pack a tent Brent usually has plenty of room in the Georgia Arms. (huge tent) Just bring an air mattress and a warm weather sleeping bag.

Brent will chime in here I'm sure sooner or later.
                                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X