XS Southeast 2016 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichV View Post
    It's not looking like I can make it this year. We'll be back in the area but we have a pending birth of a grandchild during that period. I could still possibly make it but if I don't, I hope everyone has a great time.
    Rich, congrats on the grandchild. Keep us posted.
    Though we do hope you can make it. It would be fun to ride with you again.
    As Tom Bodett says "we'll leave the light on for you".

Originally posted by Dbshea View Post
    A little late to the party...just made the decision to attend. Has anyone spent time in the bunk house? I don't need anything fancy, a place to rinse off and a spot to store my head at night.

I'm going to contact iron horse and see if any things still available, o/w I'll check further up the road.
    Its not too late at all. Great to have you .............
    For $30 bucks the Bunk House is a good deal. Plus your right there on property with all the fun stuff happening. But, it is a bunk house so its maybe not perfectly quiet like a private room. But its still comfortable & accommodations are nice & you have access to the shower house too. Or do the tent thing. Got the same privileges as the bunk house except you are on the ground of course.

Jeff

I see Greg agrees: "If you don't want to pack a tent Brent usually has plenty of room in the Georgia Arms. (huge tent) Just bring an air mattress and a warm weather sleeping bag." Observation: though from the porch of my cabin i've heard there sometimes may be an occasional problem with the Air Quality lol
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-27-2016, 07:19 PM.
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I recently attended a rally where there were about 80 bikes. A bunch of old people were riding them. Everybody was in tents!

If we're going to grow, the latecomers are going to have to rough it. Even if you're tenting, this place is real nice and you get the same amenities as those with private rooms.

If there are bunkhouse beds, you just share a room with three or four others. You still use the bath house. Several use those accommodations every year. You get a bed and stay dry.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Looks like i will be attending and dragging my brother-in-law along. After the rally in Colorado, I was talking up how much fun I had and he decided he wanted to go to one. He has an old Honda Magna and doesn't want to ride it across the country so we just pickup up a bike trailer and will be travelling to Stecoah in comfort. I normally enjoy the adventure of getting to and from the rally on the bike, but his isn't near as comfortable as my XS for long miles.
        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
        '82 XJ1100
        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

The Magna is awesome. It will be great meeting your bro-in-law.

The XS1100 isn't going to outrun one of these.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Unbelieveable Beauty.

For those that are not familiar with this area of the Southeast..... Be prepared for some unreal beauty.

This is just one of SEVERAL waterfalls, beautiful views, and endless curves.....
              You are in for a real treat!!!

50+ days away and I'm already losing sleep looking forward to this event again!!!

Working on my assigned chores for XSSE and am making GREAT progress....

KURT
              Kurt Boehringer
              Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
              1978 - SR500 - Thumper
              1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
              1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
              1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
              1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
              1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
              1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
              1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
              1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
              1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
              1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
              2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

I worked with a guy in Texas back in the late 80s that had a V45. I don't recall the year but it was the one that had the longest wheelbase. I rode it a lot and it was very smooth, comfortable and powerful.

Hard to work on though.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

+1 on what BA80 said. The one I rode, albeit briefly, seemed like it would be comfy for the long haul, especially with a plexifairing. The foot position was nice for my long legs.

Really like the V4 engine feel. Had an ST 1300 for a year and that's the best engine on a bike I've ever had.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                    +1 on what BA80 said. The one I rode, albeit briefly, seemed like it would be comfy for the long haul, especially with a plexifairing. The foot position was nice for my long legs.

Really like the V4 engine feel. Had an ST 1300 for a year and that's the best engine on a bike I've ever had.
                    Like previous HondaV65 riders have always said."the ST is just a Sabre with the engine pointed the correct direction".
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

The V45 is 750cc and the V65 is the 1100cc big boy...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

There's a rally coming up on Sept 23. Everyone is welcome. If you have old Japanese iron, you are especially welcome!

We will have more details coming soon.

Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

Made the reservations for our plot of land. Guess I need to get my rear in gear, bike needs to be up to the task.

For those that camp, what's on your must have lost for iron horse camping?
                          79 F

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

.....yup, and its bro' held 'bragging rights' all three yrs. of that motors configuration/production!
                            Last edited by motoman; 08-02-2016, 05:03 PM.
                            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbshea View Post
                              Made the reservations for our plot of land. Guess I need to get my rear in gear, bike needs to be up to the task.

For those that camp, what's on your must have list for iron horse camping?
                              Ground cloth
                              tent (a dry one)
                              sleeping bag
                              air mattress or cot
                              pillow
                              check with the Iron Horse about providing towels

Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

The ground sheet isn't something you really need if you have a tent with a floor and an air mattress.
                                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X