Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you can make it Greg.
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      850 from Oklahoma if I decide to go again.

It's not the destination, it's the journey.
      Hi Greg,
      You should decide to come
      Google says I am 860 Miles (1384Km) but my arse thinks it's further
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        Are you deciding about this one? 15th annual for the XS1100 core!
        Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
        I hope you can make it Greg.
        Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        Hi Greg,
        You should decide to come
        Google says I am 860 Miles (1384Km) but my arse thinks it's further
        Phil
        The decision will be made by my bank account.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I was looking at the Aug calendar. Therefore, I plan on leaving WashDC, Thu evening 9/22, head out I-66 to I-81 south, overnite in Lexington VA, then ride the rest of the way Fri, down I-26, past Asheville on I-40. Return on Mon the same way.

WILCO on the shirt.

Darrell,

What rally are you going to? Ours is in September!

Don't forget to order a shirt.
          Darrell
          78E
          80G project
          06FJR

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            The decision will be made by my bank account.

Maybe that 1980 Special will sell and be enough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172305663968...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

John
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Maybe, but all I've had so far are a couple low ball offers.

Last time I sold a bike to finance a trip to XSSE I ended up in the Asheville hospital for a week.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

riding from Eastern VA to rally

Looking to hook up with anyone leaving from Tidewater area,Jerry 8048324371
                81 Venturer

Comment

adult beverages...bring em

Yes it's dry county,12mile drive to beer!
                  81 Venturer

Comment

Originally posted by LARUPLUS3 View Post
                    Looking to hook up with anyone leaving from Tidewater area,Jerry 8048324371
                    Jerry, I haven't got any travel plans yet. I was kind of waiting to see if TC was going to finish with his rebuild and see what his plans were. I've got a rack in the bunkhouse reserved. TC usually stays at the Tuskegee.
                    Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
                    The Green Monster
                    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
                    Got him in '04.
                    bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
                    Scarlet
                    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
                    Got her in '11
                    Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
                    Hugo
                    Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
                    Cold weather ride

Comment

Originally posted by LARUPLUS3 View Post
                      Yes it's dry county,12mile drive to beer!
                      Its often a 12 mile drive for beer here too...even though the beer store is only a mile away.
                      '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                      '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                      '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by dbbrian View Post
                        Its often a 12 mile drive for beer here too...even though the beer store is only a mile away.
                        Eeesh. Glad it was mentioned. Might need to leave some appropriately sized storage space for just such an occasion.
                        79 F

Comment

4 weeks away!

Here are a couple of reminders for those who are new to this.

If you are not reserving space at the Iron Horse, you must contact them a few days before the rally to arrange for meals. If you don't do so, you won't eat with us. Getting something to eat may involve a long ride if the Stecoah Diner isn't open.
                          http://ironhorsenc.com/contact-us/
                          Tele: 828-479-3864

If you want a rally tee shirt, we do not print any extras. You must get it in the pre-sale. It comes to an end Labor Day Weekend. Request and/or PayPal to XSSEshirt@gmail.com

IH is in a dry county. If you're drinking adult beverages, you have to bring them. Rooms come with ice chests. You will have the opportunity to restock on the return from the Saturday ride.

Arrive with a full tank of gasoline! The closest fuel is five miles from the lodge in the wrong direction.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

Here are a couple of reminders for those who are new to this.

If you are not reserving space at the Iron Horse, you must contact them a few days before the rally to arrange for meals. If you don't do so, you won't eat with us. Getting something to eat may involve a long ride if the Stecoah Diner isn't open.
                            http://ironhorsenc.com/contact-us/
                            Tele: 828-479-3864

If you want a rally tee shirt, we do not print any extras. You must get it in the pre-sale. It comes to an end Labor Day Weekend. Request and/or PayPal to XSSEshirt@gmail.com

IH is in a dry county. If you're drinking adult beverages, you have to bring them. Rooms come with ice chests. You will have the opportunity to restock on the return from the Saturday ride.

Arrive with a full tank of gasoline! The closest fuel is five miles from the lodge in the wrong direction. We have planned gas stops about every 80-90 miles so the Specials and low MPG bikes don't have to worry about fuel stops. However, if you DON'T have fuel to make 80 miles know that group is not going to be stopping for one person that needs gas. Mechanical Problem, YES we got your back. Just didn't bother to fill-up, NO we have TripTics if you need to break from the group.

Also:
                            Safety is imperative. Roads here are tricky with some major Optical Illusions, Off Camber, Decreasing Radius, Dips you can't see. Some places quite technical.
                            Bottoming out (not just dragging a muffler) in an Off Camber, Decreasing Radius dip with an optical illusion can have a very very bad outcome.
                            Some spots can throw all 4 things at you at the same time.

Perfectly fun when you are in full control of your machine and not riding over your level of expertise or mechanical capabilities of your bike. SAFE Riding in these mountains requires your FULL attention without distractions of being hungry, tired, daydreaming etc. We pit stop for gas & breaks. So attend the Friday after dinner Safety Discussion and get info on your ride group options or maybe even get a TripTic and form your own ride group.

THIS IS "NOT XSSE"
                            ATTEND OUR RIDERS SAFETY MEETING FRIDAY AFTER DINNER

We all gather for fellowship & some riding & a lot of talking about bikes. We just want everyone to have a GREAT time and ride within there abilities. We have multiple riding groups depending on how you feel during each segment so you don't 1) block faster people behind you -or- 2) get lulled into riding over you or your bikes capabilities.

btw: time to finish all the wrenching and start on your bikes safety inspections & checks to be Rally Ready. I'm thinking we are all about "READY TO RALLY"

thanks,
                            the XSSE rally squad
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Xsse 2016

10 Things that you do NOT have to worry about at XSSE 2016:

1) Don't worry about running out of gas. Fuel stops are included during the rides - Guys with Specials do not need to be concerned.

2) Don't worry about getting lost. There will be procedures to keep people with their group.

3) Don't worry about the weather. Plenty of things to do if weather prevents riding. Usually can ride around the weather. Weather in The Great Smoky Mountains changes quickly.

4) Don't worry about break downs. With all of the knowledge that you are surrounded with, a quick repair is not far away. Worst case scenario, AAA is there.

5) Don't worry about the large amount of information that you will get on Friday. It will all come together on Saturday's ride.

6) Don't worry that you won't have fun. There is no chance of that.

7) Don't worry if you get more awards on Saturday night than you can carry.

8) Don't worry whether or not you will see a whole lot of beautiful XS1100s and the riders that they brought with them.

9) Don't worry if you see bikes other than the XS1100 because they are invited too. And we are glad to have them.

10) And finally - Don't worry if you don't like any of the guys that have prepared this rally for the last 15 years, because they can all be replaced.
                              LOL
                              Last edited by MPittma100; 08-29-2016, 11:54 AM.
                              1981 XS1100H Venturer
                              K&N Air Filter
                              ACCT
                              Custom Paint by Deitz
                              Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                              Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                              Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                              Stebel Nautilus Horn
                              EBC Front Rotors
                              Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

I dunno, Mike...
                                I was with ya 'til #10!

These guys organize one of the best rallies you'll ever attend.

I'll miss seeing you guys this year.
                                Everybody please ride safe, but have tons 'o fun!
                                Without a doubt, spectacular event.

Bob
                                '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                                X