Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prizes - Drawings - Awards

XSSE Attendees,

With the approval of the Organizing Committee, I've been contacting multiple vendors of Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, etc. We will have some really nice items provided from some of our regular vendor friends (XJ4Ever, MikesXS, Cycle Gear, and SEVERAL others)

In addition, I've been able to make some great contacts with YAMAHA MOTORSPORTS who will be providing a few items as well - Shipped from YAMAHA CORPORATE today!! YES, Yamaha does appreciate our love of their machines!

The awards are beginning to show up as promised and I'm expecting a whole lot more! Including our GRAND PRIZES!!!

Stay tuned......

KURT
    Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

• Awesome, I am really looking forward to this rally. I guess I should get off my butt and clean my carbs. On my last trip I was running really rich and getting horrible mileage. I also need to repaint my tank. The clear coat i used did not hold up to gas or my tank bag so it looks horrible. I ordered some 2k from eastwood coatings that should be here any day.
      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Wow...Thats alot of schwag...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Wow- nice job Kurt!

Seems one would be unlucky not to win something.
          -Mike
          _________
          '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
          '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
          '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
          '79 XS750SF 17k miles
          '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
          '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
          '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
            I ordered some 2k from eastwood coatings that should be here any day.
            That is great stuff Harry but be prepared to do a LOT of wet sanding to get a good finish. It's worth the work though because it wears like iron if you apply it right.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• It is finally September
              > Only 3 weeks until we all meet up (Fri) at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC
              > Only 3 weeks plus 1 day (Sat) until we RIDE & Eat & then have a FUN Evening Awards Event then Campfire
              > Only 3 weeks plus 2 days (Sun) until we RIDE again then Eat more & Campfire
              > with I'm sure a lot of talking going on the whole time the bikes are off

A few UPDATES:
              1) see the 2016 RALLY INFORMATION thread for Rally Info & the Schedule of Events

2) Its not too late to Attend if you want to Attend.
              Cabins sold out but Tenting available and RV. Local Motels available. So if you are maybe on the fence, just do it.

3) Ride Routes are set as discussed in INFO thread. Saturday is "Best of NC" and Blue Ridge Parkway back to I-H. Sunday is Deals' Gap, Dragon "Best of TN" and Cherohala Skyway back to Deal's Gap or direct to Iron Horse whichever you choose. (*gas stops @ 80 miles. About 100 miles each AM - 100 miles PM return, riding 9am to 5pm)

4) Rally is about our bikes, seeing friends, making new ones, meeting more XS people, sharing technical support ideas, eating & fellowship and finally meeting up with those we know from xs11.com; NOT about mountain road racing or taking a 400 mile 12 hour day ride. Roads are tricky. Bike & Rider needs to be ready.

5) Got lunch stop setup Saturday in Brevard. Place for 75+ riders with good parking & a gas across the street

6) Want a Shirt? The Order goes to the Printer Tuesday Sept 6th at noon. btw: 85 on the Order so far.
              *see Shirt thread for Shirt Ordering info. So Order NOW if you want one. Before they are Unobtainium

7) Dinner Meals: All guests with Reservations at the Iron Horse will receive an email from Iron Horse covering your Menu choices, cost and how to order.

8) Breakfast: Iron Horse has a nice Breakfast. You can Order & Pay for your Breakfast when you check-in with I-H Registration

9) Organizing Group meeting in Atlanta on Sept 10. May Ride the route Sept 11 unless we go with Brent to the 911 Ride with the Firemen down to Forsythe GA for the Rememberance Ceremony. BTW: If you would like to participate in the planning meeting on the 10th let us know. More planners & organizers WELCOME

Lastly,
              Yamaha Motorsports recognition of our passion and our brand loyalty is like WOW ..............

Participate if you can. This 15th Annual XSSE Rally will be FUN.

thanks,
              the XSSE planning squad

Originally posted by kboehringer View Post
              XSSE Attendees,

With the approval of the Organizing Committee, I've been contacting multiple vendors of Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, etc. We will have some really nice items provided from some of our regular vendor friends (XJ4Ever, MikesXS, Cycle Gear, and SEVERAL others)

In addition, I've been able to make some great contacts with YAMAHA MOTORSPORTS who will be providing a few items as well - Shipped from YAMAHA CORPORATE today!! YES, Yamaha does appreciate our love of their machines!

The awards are beginning to show up as promised and I'm expecting a whole lot more! Including our GRAND PRIZES!!!

Stay tuned......

KURT
              See ya there,
              Thanks, the XSSE planning squad
              Last edited by JeffH; 09-02-2016, 01:45 PM.
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Definite Maybe

I have a running bike now, a 'new' XJ1100, so XSSE is possible once again. I'll try to get hold of the Iron Horse but I don't know if it'll work for Labor Day weekend.

Shirt, need a shirt. Not here, the other one, the shirt thread, dummy!
                -- Scott
                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                1979 XS1100F: parts
                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Xsse

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                  I have a running bike now, a 'new' XJ1100, so XSSE is possible once again. I'll try to get hold of the Iron Horse but I don't know if it'll work for Labor Day weekend.

Shirt, need a shirt. Not here, the other one, the shirt thread, dummy!
                  Good news. Will see you there. I suspect the IH is WFO this weekend for sure. But I am certain that they will answer the phone. 828 479 3864.
                  1981 XS1100H Venturer
                  K&N Air Filter
                  ACCT
                  Custom Paint by Deitz
                  Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                  Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                  Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                  Stebel Nautilus Horn
                  EBC Front Rotors
                  Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Yep, I tried calling at ~6:15 PM here and the nice lady on the answering machine informed me that they close at 9. I'll call again tomorrow and try to catch someone before the Sunday services.
                    -- Scott
                    _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• XSSE T Shirt Deadline

TWO DAYS LEFT IF YOU NEED YOUR XSSE TEE SHIRT. TUESDAY IS THE LAST CHANCE.

Last edited by MPittma100; 09-04-2016, 12:41 PM.
                      1981 XS1100H Venturer
                      K&N Air Filter
                      ACCT
                      Custom Paint by Deitz
                      Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                      Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                      Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                      Stebel Nautilus Horn
                      EBC Front Rotors
                      Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Rode up to Tenn yesterday to check roads (they are still there and in good condition as usual. (though a good hurricane hit can change everything)

Met with the Manager at our Sunday lunch stop. Planning & Organizing group to meet Saturday 10th then Marty & I plan to ride Canada Road (not to Canada of course though that would be nice too) on Sunday 11th then to Brevard to eat at our Saturday Rally lunch stop.

Time to get your bike prepared, driver prepared & head in the game so all is SAFE.

Not too much longer till riders get on the road. Converging on the Iron Horse
                        Motorcycle Lodge, Stecoah NC. oh, yeah

Jeff
                        Last edited by JeffH; 09-05-2016, 08:21 AM.
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• I talked to Sue at the Iron Horse and got a bed in the bunkhouse.

Okay, back to the garage!
                          -- Scott
                          _____

Comment

• If it's not raining, I plan on coming Friday after work. But will have to come back home Saturday evening after the days ride. Will be good to meet everyone.
                            79 XS11

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                              I talked to Sue at the Iron Horse and got a bed in the bunkhouse.

Okay, back to the garage!
                              Look forward to riding with you again Scott.
                              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                              '82 XJ1100
                              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                                Look forward to riding with you again Scott.
                                Same here, Harry. I saw you got you carbs dialed in too, way to go!
                                -- Scott
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X