Clear All

Lookin to join anyone heading to South East ralley

Live in Gloucester,VA 23061 Anyone ?
    Last edited by LARUPLUS3; 04-09-2016, 08:33 AM. Reason: wrong thread
    81 Venturer

Comment

Originally posted by LARUPLUS3 View Post
      Live in Gloucester,VA 23061 Anyone ?
      Not sure exactly what TC and my plans are this far out, but we WILL be going. If the weather sucks we'll truck/trailer, otherwise we're RIDING!
      Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
      The Green Monster
      K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
      Got him in '04.
      bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
      Scarlet
      K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
      Got her in '11
      Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
      Hugo
      Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
      Cold weather ride

Comment

Rally planning

Lots of y'all have already made your Reservations at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah NC.
        So it is time for us to begin some Southeast Rally planning.
        You know, the usual stuff. Shirt, Routes, Awards Ceremony, etc.

Kurt, Marty, Mike, Brent & I met today to get Rally things rolling. Plus we had a good time.
        + a nice bunch of 11's

If you think you might want to attend the XS Rally and want a cabin (or accommodation) at the Iron Horse
        please book now for our Sept 23-24-25 weekend.

Jeff
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
          Lots of y'all have already made your Reservations at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah NC.

Kurt, Marty, Mike, Brent & I met today to get Rally things rolling. Plus we had a good time.
          + a nice bunch of 11's

If you think you might want to attend the XS Rally and want a cabin (or accommodation) at the Iron Horse

Jeff
          I am IN. Follow you guys anywhere
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Looks like i will make it this year...will attempt to at any rate...hoping to trailer up with Mark and his 24' enclosed...insulated trailer...that can be used to sleep in as well...would definitely cut the expenses down a tad...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Iron Horse

This will be our first year. Is there any kind of a "meet and greet"? We really hope to meet some of the people on the site. I lived in NC for 23 years, and am really looking forward to riding the area around Deals Gap again. Our reservations have been made for some time. SWMBO knows we are going on vacation, but has no clue what we are doing, or where we are going. The fact that a couple of the ponies will be going with us will come as no surprise! Heading to Maggie valley for the following week. I have a daughter and two grandchildren in Asheville, so we will have plenty to keep us busy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybikes View Post
                This will be our first year. Is there any kind of a "meet and greet"? We really hope to meet some of the people on the site. I lived in NC for 23 years, and am really looking forward to riding the area around Deals Gap again. Our reservations have been made for some time. SWMBO knows we are going on vacation, but has no clue what we are doing, or where we are going. The fact that a couple of the ponies will be going with us will come as no surprise! Heading to Maggie valley for the following week. I have a daughter and two grandchildren in Asheville, so we will have plenty to keep us busy.
                Meet n' Greet the XSives, yep. That's what it's all about.

Some fellowship and some riding on great roads. All Friday from about 2pm onwards it's Meet & Greet as people check-in at Iron Horse to get their room then check-in at XS table to sign-in and get info and schedule and shirt (if they ordered one). After that is done its hours of talking and looking at bikes.

Friday after dinner we all get together for a Riders Meeting and safety talk. Then Saturday night we have histerical funny Awards Ceremony. Meals are Meet & Greet too both at Iron Horse and restaurant stops & gas stops. Lots of opportunity to talk with the many many XS people that also are here on .com

WELCOME, we look forward to meeting you and your family. After dinner each evening we congregate outside around the fire pit and enjoy stories too.

Jeff
                Last edited by JeffH; 04-14-2016, 07:50 PM.
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Looks like i will make it this year...will attempt to at any rate...hoping to trailer up with Mark and his 24' enclosed...insulated trailer...that can be used to sleep in as well...would definitely cut the expenses down a tad...
                  Ben, you are about as decisive as a roulette wheel.

XS Southeast is the greatest rally I've ever been to so far. 3 years in a row. Messed up the second one and spent a month in the Ashville hospital one week. . Haven't been there since 2014 though.

Don't worry, you'll meet a LOT of the people on here.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I've only missed one XSSE rally since the 2010 rally(last year at TWO)...and divine intervention kept me from coming last year...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yes the whole rally is meet and greet...IMHO this is the best XS1100 rally in N. America...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Meeting

Originally posted by JeffH View Post

+ a nice bunch of 11's

Jeff
                        Definitely a good meeting. Lots of nice looking XS11s in attendance. No doubt that XSSE 2016 will be another great rally.

Brent - You really did some fine work on your bike. All of the aluminum looks brand new! Good job.
                        1981 XS1100H Venturer
                        K&N Air Filter
                        ACCT
                        Custom Paint by Deitz
                        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                        Stebel Nautilus Horn
                        EBC Front Rotors
                        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                          Definitely a good meeting. Lots of nice looking XS11s in attendance. No doubt that XSSE 2016 will be another great rally.

Brent - You really did some fine work on your bike. All of the aluminum looks brand new! Good job.
                          Thanks for compliment Mike. That is high praise coming from an award winning bike owner. I was in contention for a new award for "Polished RAT", but Marty got me set up with the new to me black tank, So now it may not even look Rat bike.

Suggestions for new awards are being sought now.

PS being a Riders rally, the Ride All the Time - RAT award for most ridden, least washed is a High Honor, a blue ribbon or rag.
                          It is a great big beautiful world out there
                          Brent in GA
                          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

I believe we're down to very few rooms remaining. Get 'em before they're gone!
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

can we reserve good weather too???
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                                can we reserve good weather too???
                                Hi Ben,
                                I put in an order alreeady. Sunny and warm ...all the way from NY and back...all week end. It's going to be awesome
                                Phil
                                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                                X