XS Southeast 2016 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dbshea View Post
    Won't be arriving till Saturday morning. Not established wether we will arrive before the morning run. Depends how stuff we are from the previous day.

That being said, definitely gonna miss xsse check in and meet n greet. Bummer, what's protocol for late arrivals?
    What happened Dan? You need someone who knows how to fix these bikes come help.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• putting the last bag on the bike. great day for a ride, lets carry this on all weekend, plus Monday. should make Bristol tennessee or Johnson city.
      be at IH Friday morning.

the long slab ride man I need a trailer.

so everybody have a great ride in.

15 years... this is going to be great

earl g
      80 xs1100G

Comment

• Weather

Looking like some seriously sunny and warm riding weather
        (except for Ben over there with the ghost remnants of that hurricane still lingering along the NC coast).

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable journey to XSSE. From Texas to Ohio to Illinois to St Louis the weather is looking to be sunny and 90 degrees today.
        Not bad as today begins the 1st day of fall. Weekend of XSSE looks to be great. Sunny day rides are .
        We have about 60 miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway Saturday after lunch so that will be nice. Then Cherohala Skyway Sunday with the sun behind us,
        well that's pretty awesome too.

Safe Travels

See ya at the I-H,
        Jeff

oh, btw: on some of the 4 lane divided highway posted at 55mph in both TN & NC. Don't go cranking up the volume if you know what i mean. It will cost you.
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by Huron52 View Post

How many are staying over til Monday morning?
          I am staying til Monday for breakfast then on the road home.
          80 xs1100G

Comment

• If you'll be at Natural Bridge, I may strike for Lexington tonight.
            Darrell
            78E
            80G project
            06FJR

Comment

• Originally posted by newc4 View Post
              If you'll be at Natural Bridge, I may strike for Lexington tonight.
              That was for Mastan
              Darrell
              78E
              80G project
              06FJR

Comment

• I am amazed how fast news travels.... the bad kind. I phone Iron Horse to cancel just now and they already heard.

I am sorry to say that I am not coming this year. I am sure Phil can fill anybody in as to what happened as he had a front row seat. I will ride again another day... LOL
                Tom
                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Tom,

cancel & front row seat doesn't sound good. Got turned back at the Peace Bridge; hope it was something along those lines.
                  but as you said, Phil will fill us in tomorrow at I-H. Sure sorry to hear you will not be here this year. We were looking forward to spending the weekend with you.
                  Hope whatever it is isn't too bad.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Pink Shirts

FYI:
                    Upon Arrival at Iron Horse you will see your Team XSSE Hosts wearing Pink Rally shirts.

"Pink Shirts" will be Outside to assist with your Arrival & questions -and-
                    "Pink Shirts" will be Inside to help you get xsse signed-in and get your (non-pink) xsse shirt if you Ordered one. + raffle tickets + goodie bag.
                    If you already paid for your shirt, THANKS. If not just pay for your shirt when you sign-in.

So be looking for Mike & Kurt & Marty out front of I-H in Pink when you arrive, then Jeff & Nancy (Kurts wife) wearing pink in the dining hall with a big pile o' rally shirts.
                    We should be setup to start check-in about 2pm Friday and will be there through dinner time because people arrive up till dark or later.

Don't forget the Riders Safety Meeting Friday night after dinner. We will do some quick introductions then talk about ride groups so we get everyone in a ride group that will be at a pace you are comfortable with. We all want to get to the Campfire so this will not take more than 20 minutes but it is an important 20 minutes for everyone.

1st gas stop on Saturday is 60 miles out. Gotta make it 60 miles. Groups not stopping for gas except at the planned gas stops. Furthest between stops is like 80 miles so Specials and those with real bad MPG are covered with the existing planned gas stops.

See you Friday,
                    Team XSSE
                    Last edited by JeffH; 09-22-2016, 01:56 PM.
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                      What happened Dan? You need someone who knows how to fix these bikes come help.
                      I need someone to come do all this stupid college homework! Bikes are all set, minus packing and final checks. We are rolling in the next morning because neither of us want to hit the dragon at dusk after a full day's ride. Guess we have friends in Tennessee to bother Friday night. Might route it to link up with the masses at lunch tho. Or, set up camp and libate...tough decisions.
                      79 F

Comment

• We will be staying in a motel just outside Nashville tonight. Too bad you didn't already leave, we could meet up with y'all there and gone in together in the morning.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                          We will be staying in a motel just outside Nashville tonight. Too bad you didn't already leave, we could meet up with y'all there and gone in together in the morning.
                          Didn't know you decided to make the trip. Good deal.
                          79 F

Comment

• Packed

I have changed camping plans and reserved a bed in bunkhouse 1. Packing not quite done, as I still have some New award rags to complete. KI am cleared for Fri, Sat and until lunch is done Sunday. Planning to bring my XS11. Be careful coming down for this rare treat Darrel.

Looking forward to seeing y'all & riding with you.

Brent
                            It is a great big beautiful world out there
                            Brent in GA
                            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbshea View Post
                              Didn't know you decided to make the trip. Good deal.
                              Yeah, last minute decision. Got my bike loaded on a trailer with Harry and his BIL.

I'll most likely be riding back...........Ironbutt.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by newc4 View Post
                                If you'll be at Natural Bridge, I may strike for Lexington tonight.
                                Darrell, I'm at natural bridge now.

Comment

Working...
                                X