• Show
Clear All

• More 2016 XSSE Pictures

What a great event it was this year.

The Iron Horse Lodge with many of the steeds:

The steeds themselves:

Preparing to ride Saturday morning:

Time to ride Saturday morning:

It's hard to capture all the bikes at the Sagebrush Steakhouse for lunch on Saturday:

From right to left it's Rich Chris/Nicole, Nancy, Karl, Kurt on top of the Blue Ridge Parkway:

Left to right Mark, Mike?, Ben, and Mike on BRP:

Obligatory shot for me:

...And a beautiful shot looking down from the top of the Fontana Dam:

Like the others, I feel a big debt to Jeff H, Marty, Kurt/Nancy, Brent, Mike P and all the others for their huge efforts to organize and orchestrate this rally.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartman View Post
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0R...w?usp=drivesdk

I had a great time riding and meeting everyone. I will plan on coming next year.
      Beautiful picture Bartman.
      '80 XS1100 SG
      Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

• I took that picture going home Sunday morning, I had left IH around 7:20 and was just up the road when the sun was trying to come over the mountain. I turned around real quick and jumped off the bike and the two minutes that took gave the sun time to become visible. Not bad for a phone shot!
        79 XS11

Comment

• Dragon Photos Ready from the Usual Outfits...

XSSE Attendees,
          If you drove the Dragon on Sunday the roadside photographers have your photos ready for purchase. You need to know the TIME you went through the Dragon to make it easier to find your pics. Mike & I went through at/about 11:15 am (a little behind the main group(s)). I saw photos of many of you on the web sites.

Each of the roadside photo companies have comparable prices @ $7-8 per downloaded photo. I made some prints at Target.

This is Marty from Killboy.com:

www.killboy.com

Looks like the main group went past 129Slayer.com @ 11:10am +/-
          www.129slayer.com

Majority of the group @11:17am. 129photos.com
          http://xtremesportsphotography.photo...&po=60&pc=9711

There may have been another photographer on the route but I was too busy to write down the name.

Last edited by kboehringer; 09-30-2016, 10:00 PM. Reason: bad link
          Kurt Boehringer
          Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
          1978 - SR500 - Thumper
          1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
          1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
          1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
          1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
          1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
          1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
          1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
          1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
          1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
          1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
          2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

• Here's a pic of me.
            Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
            The Green Monster
            K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
            Got him in '04.
            bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
            Scarlet
            K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
            Got her in '11
            Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
            Hugo
            Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
            Cold weather ride

Comment

• Good knowing those times.through the Dragon Thanks Kurt....
              Now can anyone elaborate on how many XS/XJ11s were in attendance? How many attendees ...etc? Did we break any records...all.the buildup of this year's event..its sort of a letdown.not.hearing.the.final,tallies...after all the high expectations...????
              Last edited by madmax-im; 10-01-2016, 03:56 AM.
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I'm on an out of state mission right now. But you were there too? Saw many many, didn't you? at I-H and lunch stops. As mentioned earlier, 105 shirts which is +30 more than the usual 70.

We had 60 sign-in but missed a few. So 65. Yes, 65 is greater than the usual 40 or so. Lunch numbers were larger than ever by about +20 for each day. 62 on Sat and 43 on Sunday as some were riding their own ride.

I don't have the papers with me, but had 24 XS-XJ1100 and think 13 other Vintage Yamaha's like 650's and such. Let's say maybe overall +25% bigger. A success. But its all about having a an enjoyable weekend. Hope you did. That's what is important, the FUN FACTOR.

We forgot to ask the boomer crowd to bring some old 45's and some 78's so we could break some records. But +25% over prior years seems to indicate we did.

Jeff
                Last edited by JeffH; 10-01-2016, 04:34 AM.
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Thankyou Jeff and all.the pink shirts for.all.the hard work...i.just thought you had someone as the official counter and had an official tally. We also need to incorporate a group shot with all the bikes in front of the IH before we split up into various groups...because afterwards is not possible on the roads...just my .02 cents....
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• “What is so special about an XS11 motorcycle … I mean it was only made a few years right??” ask a rider from the table beside us. Being the new guy at my first rally, and not owning an XS11, I let the “experts” at our table express their answers. As I explored this deep question. I realized … nothing (I’m sure there will be debate on this). The motorcycle is just pieces and parts assembled as an excuse for people to socialize, discuss, and build relationships.

Each and every person I met in this group took individual pride in their bikes, and others too. I was especially surprised at the attention my little raggedy magna 700 brought.

What is so special about an XS11 motorcycle … while the XS11 is a great bike, special is the relationships created around these machines. I enjoyed the comradery, caring, and kindness I found at the rally.

My thanks to all for a great ride and more.

Comment

• Pics...

Finally got a computer up to speed...
                      http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/st...?sort=2&page=1
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by IMRICH View Post
                        “What is so special about an XS11 motorcycle … I mean it was only made a few years right??” ask a rider from the table beside us. Being the new guy at my first rally, and not owning an XS11, I let the “experts” at our table express their answers. As I explored this deep question. I realized … nothing (I’m sure there will be debate on this). The motorcycle is just pieces and parts assembled as an excuse for people to socialize, discuss, and build relationships.

Each and every person I met in this group took individual pride in their bikes, and others too. I was especially surprised at the attention my little raggedy magna 700 brought.

What is so special about an XS11 motorcycle … while the XS11 is a great bike, special is the relationships created around these machines. I enjoyed the comradery, caring, and kindness I found at the rally.

My thanks to all for a great ride and more.
                        It was great to have you there Rich. Sorry I laid it down in front of you and caused your mishap.

Great bunch aren't they?
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Thanks

for the photo review !
                          Some great looking bikes there !

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                          Finally got a computer up to speed...
                          http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/st...?sort=2&page=1
                          76 XS650 C ROADSTER
                          80 XS650 G Special II
                          https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
                          80 XS 1100 SG
                          81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
                          https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
                          AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

• Originally posted by donebysunday View Post
                            for the photo review !
                            Some great looking bikes there !
                            Actually PB really sucks of late and this will be the last time I use it.. I honestly don't know if its just because I have a free account or do you all have the same difficulties navigating PB???
                            Smugmug is superior although its only free for the first 14 days...but the whole site and the presentation of the galleries is smoother and glitch free PB? Fuhgeddabouditt Heres Smugmug...The 1st pic is a Video...

https://ben-miller.smugmug.com/2016-...ge-Motorcycle/
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Whose '80G is that with the shark fin exhaust and ?? tires? Dunlops? They almost look like enduro tires but it could just be the angle and lighting.
                              -- Scott
                              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                              1979 XS1100F: parts
                              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• My favorite road.
                                https://youtu.be/IzCEjbwo6XE

Comment

Working...
                                X