No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2016 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow indeed TC...a rather epic journey for Godzilla and for yourself...one heckuva shakedown ride...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• As Greg said, made it to Tulsa last night and passed out on Greg's couch. Greg and I made it home today just after noon. Was an awesome rally and I had a great time. Was nice to see those I had met before again, and to meet a few more xsives. thank you very much to those of you who donned the pink and put on this great rally. Planning on being there again next year and bringing SWMBO with me.
      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• I rolled in at about 6 today. Today was so nice, I turned a 250 mile ride into 400 miles through some wonderful southern ohio roads. What a great rally! Thank you to everyone who put in so much time and effort into this. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone Monday morning. Hope to see the usual suspects and hopefully more at XSEast 2017.
        Mark Stanton

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
          As Greg said, made it to Tulsa last night and passed out on Greg's couch. Greg and I made it home today just after noon. Was an awesome rally and I had a great time. Was nice to see those I had met before again, and to meet a few more xsives. thank you very much to those of you who donned the pink and put on this great rally. Planning on being there again next year and bringing SWMBO with me.
          Did Rich change his name?
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            Who is holding that brake rotor?...nice pic ....
            Jason Johnson had the winning ticket for the rotors. He generously withdrew or traded for the Rock Auto gift card. (or something like that as his bike is a 2016 model)

Jason attended this rally in the early years.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

• So, who got the rotors if Jason withdrew?
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                So, who got the rotors if Jason withdrew?
                Ben had the redraw. I heard that he gave them to Mark.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

• Robyn.took.my pic so.postit pls...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Correct Ben won them on the second draw and gave them to me.
                    Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
                    Current rides:
                    80 XS1100SG
                    82 JX1100
                    83 Venture Royale
                    86 V-Max

Comment

• I'll trade a couple of those special Brent washcloth awards for them.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Back Home

HI All
                        Back Home Gary and I had a lot of fun. specal Thanks to Jeff and Marty for all there Hard work. res made for next year.

XSively
                        Bruce
                        Bruce Gerken
                        '79 XS1100SF
                        "The Black"
                        '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                        The Red Sled.
                        St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

• Xsse 2016

XSSE 2016 was a blast! We had the most folks and bikes than ever before. Hopefully everyone had a good time. My neighbor Scott had a really good time. He rode with one of the smaller groups. They helped him to get used to handling his new bike - a lot. He is very appreciative. I noticed that he has gained considerable confidence. Many thanks to all who took time to help him.

Thanks to Gary, Mark, Marty, Jeff, Brent, and anyone else that took the troops on the planned and smaller rides. Good work! It was great seeing everyone again.

Time to start planning for next year.
                          1981 XS1100H Venturer
                          K&N Air Filter
                          ACCT
                          Custom Paint by Deitz
                          Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                          Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                          Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                          Stebel Nautilus Horn
                          EBC Front Rotors
                          Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Did we get a count on how many xs11s we had? There were several great bikes there. We can't forget a pic of the 11s next year
                            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                            1981 LH

Comment

• Vendor Appreciation!

XSSE Attendees & XS Friends,
                              Please remember the businesses that contributed to our Rally! Those stellar prizes were a very significant contribution for them.

Len - XJ Bikes.com (Grand Prizes Rotor Set, SS Brake Line Sets(2)).
                              Russ - MikesXS (Literally DOZENS of XS parts, supplies, goodie bag items)
                              CycleGear.com - (Shirts, Locks, Tire Kits, Misc. Goodie Bag Items)
                              RockAuto- (Gift Cert, Spark Plugs, Goodie Bag Items)
                              Yamaha Motorsports- (Hundreds of Goodie Bag Items).

Even if you were not a winner of one of the bigger items, when the opportunity presents itself PLEASE pass along your personal thank you for contributing to our stellar event! I hope to continue to receive their assistance in years to come and your acknowledgment of their participation is key to their continued participation.

Very Sincerely,
                              Last edited by kboehringer; 09-28-2016, 06:20 PM.
                              Kurt Boehringer
                              Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
                              1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                              1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
                              1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
                              1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                              1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
                              1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
                              1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
                              1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
                              1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
                              1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
                              1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
                              2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

• Count

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                                Did we get a count on how many xs11s we had? There were several great bikes there. We can't forget a pic of the 11s next year
                                I am going to say yes we did get a count. Jeff or Marty has that information. They will chime in with it.
                                1981 XS1100H Venturer
                                K&N Air Filter
                                ACCT
                                Custom Paint by Deitz
                                Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                                Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                                Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                                Stebel Nautilus Horn
                                EBC Front Rotors
                                Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment