XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Huron52
    replied
    Don't worry about Tom Cale riding very far. He is trailering the whole way! LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Google Maps tricked me by switching over to km. Phil has only about 800 miles. A walk in the park. Right, Phil?

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfoot
    If I took the shortest route, it would be 803 miles. The route i took last year to meet up with Tod and Greg in Arkansas makes it 1017.
    Don't forget to add the 60 mile detour in Tennessee coming home on the dark and rainy roller coaster!

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • Bigfoot
    replied
    If I took the shortest route, it would be 803 miles. The route i took last year to meet up with Tod and Greg in Arkansas makes it 1017.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    MaximPhil comes from Mississauga, ON. That's about 1300 miles. San Antonio is over 1100 miles. Kansas City is about 800 miles. Tom Cale is coming from Canada too! MaximPhil will ride his bike and I believe he lives the farthest away.
    Hi Marty,
    the 1300 is in Kilometre so more like 850 miles. Tom is closer to I 75 so may be shorter if he goes that way (boring) while i get to cross WV from end to end Ted is in Ottawa so much further.
    My return "flight" last year I along with Earl G, rolled out of Iron Horse at 7:00am and I rolled into the driveway at midnight.

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    Well, I'm impressed by you venturing that far to come to the Smoky Mountains (and back). So you guys will be on the bikes for what - 3 or 4 days one way?

    MP
    2 days for trbig, Bigfoot and I. JW took 3 and visited family in NE Texas the first day.

    I think trbig, Bigfoot and I could do it in one day if we grit our teeth.

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Last year I think it was JWHughes3 from San Antonio and Bigfoot from Kansas City and he'll be doing it again this year. trbig and I will be coming from Ada and Tulsa, Oklahoma respectively.

    Harry is about 1100 miles not sure about John, and Tod and I are 850 - 950 miles. I don't know of anyone else coming further.
    Well, I'm impressed by you venturing that far to come to the Smoky Mountains (and back). So you guys will be on the bikes for what - 3 or 4 days one way?

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Yeah, as the crow flies but the way Harry and John came so we could all ride in together added a few miles. I guess that doesn't count.

    I didn't say that! Just tell Phil he has to take a lap around Lake Ontario before pointing it south.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Yeah, as the crow flies but the way Harry and John came so we could all ride in together added a few miles. I guess that doesn't count.

    Phil has us all beat unless Ted is further.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    MaximPhil comes from Mississauga, ON. That's about 1300 miles. San Antonio is over 1100 miles. Kansas City is about 800 miles. Tom Cale is coming from Canada too! MaximPhil will ride his bike and I believe he lives the farthest away.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Last year I think it was JWHughes3 from San Antonio and Bigfoot from Kansas City and he'll be doing it again this year. trbig and I will be coming from Ada and Tulsa, Oklahoma respectively.

    Harry is about 1100 miles not sure about John, and Tod and I are 850 - 950 miles. I don't know of anyone else coming further.

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    The Long Rider

    I am curious. Who is riding their bike for the longest distance? It won't be me. I have only a 2 1/2 to three hour journey from north Fulton county, GA.

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Warwoman Road is on the Saturday loop. We'll be picking it up from GA28. We drove past it last year. It will take us to our fuel stop in Clayton.

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    This is one of the roads we're adding in.

    Warwoman Road - Georgia

    Here are some video highlights.

    Warwoman Road

    Here is a video of most of the road west to east. We'll be running it in the opposite direction with the twistiest bits first.

    Warwoman Road, NorthEast GA

    In this last video, you may note that the riders are WOT in the short straightaways, charging into the corners hard on the brakes, and riding the brakes all the way around. It isn't the way to do it. Also note that there are no signs giving information about the turns.
    Marty, Which day are you planning to ride this road?

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    They ARE slow. In the long version, they twist the throttle in the straights and slow to a crawl in every turn. They are a perfectly good, bad example.

    Leave a comment:

Working...