XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    T.C.,

    Let us know what they say. We are not staying there either but would like to eat there at least on Friday night with the group. If not, we will have to find someone else too take our money.

    MP
    Mike (or anybody that needs the menu file),
    PM me with your email address and I will email you the menu (excel file). Then all you need to do is make your meal selections and email your Menu Ticket (excel file) back to Iron Horse. Their email for the meals is: resv@ironhorsenc.com To cover the cost of the meals you will need to have a credit card on file with I-H. Remember, this is for Dinners Only (guess they call that supper in Iowa). Breakfasts selections are make the night before. So Friday night those that want Saturday AM breakfast can make their selections that will be charged to the meal account you setup.

    btw: all those that made the original Room Reservation booking have already been charged for the first nights stay already. They then already have an account setup in their name since their name + credit card is on file.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by TopCatGr58
    Hey Jeff/Marty,

    The above RED TEXT has me a little concerned. I know when I've attended there before, I was able to place orders despite the fact that I wasn't staying there, I too am at the Tuskegee a couple miles down the road. SO...I don't know if they'll accept my order via email since I'm not an I-H resident....but I would think they would to have good karma with the other members of OUR GROUP that are staying there! I'll drop them a line and see what they say!?

    See you all there Friday PM, WOW, I get to meet the 'infamous' 3Phase!

    T.C.
    Not to worry. Deal is: those staying at Iron Horse already have an account setup and credit card info on file. Those that are with our XS11 group but NOT STAYING at Iron Horse need to setup an account using their credit card or cash or whatever to cover the cost of their meals. Kind of like any motel, make a reservation and give them your credit card number. Same sort of thing. Since ALL FOOD is pre-ordered and then prepared to our Menu Ticket choices they want to make sure they (I-H) are covered for the $$ bucks.

    As we already know, Iron Horse is not a Restaurant. Its self serve from the window. That is all they are trying to get across to riders that might stop by looking for lunch or dinner. They have no waitress and if meals are not pre-arranged (so I-H kitchen can go shopping) then there is no food. They don't keep or store extra food just shop & prepare to the Tickets. That is all they are trying to get across to manage expectations of the traveling general public.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Call up and make your dining reservations. Our group is big and getting bigger. I'm sure the IH enjoys our company. Try not to wait until the last minute.

    We have a big day planned for Saturday. We must leave on time Saturday morning.

    Make sure you have a full tank before 09:00 Saturday morning! As you make your way into town on Friday night, top up your tank in Robbinsville.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Bump

    Originally posted by JeffH
    Its almost Show Time. People already on their way riding toward Stecoah NC. It should be a FUN time with Good Rides and Good Food with lots-o'-time for the usual discussions & fellowship.

    Here are our FOOD CHOICES from I-H. If you have Registered for a Room or Bunk or Tent Space at I-H then you should have just received this info in an email from Iron Horse. They say: Please email this form back to info@ironhorsenc.com.

    So, don't call if you can avoid it. There front desk is usually only staffed a few hours a day during check-in & checkout. Remember, if you arrive before 3:45pm on Friday you can just make your selection then. However, for those that have email, the I-H staff would appreciate us replying with our selections on Wed-Thur if we can. They work real hard to accommodate us and they work hard to make sure All Guests have a fun time and a great experience.

    Our restaurant is not open to the public. We only serve our guests.
    Breakfast is served every day. We will ask you to sign up the night before, so we know how much food to prepare. Forms are available at check-in.

    Friday 9/27
    $9.50 Spaghetti & Meatballs , salad bar & garlic bread
    $10.95 Chicken Parmesean,spaghetti,salad bar & garlic bread
    $6.95 Salad Bar only w/ garlic bread
    $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee


    Saturday 9/28
    $15.95 8oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar & Baked Potato
    $18.95 12oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar, & Baked Potato
    $12.95 Salmon, Salad Bar & Baked Potato
    $7.95 Salad Bar & Baked Potato Potato Choice:
    $6.95 Salad Bar Only Regular
    $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee Sweet

    Sunday 9/29
    $8.95 1 Fried Chicken Breast w/dinner roll and choice of 2 sides
    $9.95 Pecan encrusted Trout w/ dinner roll and choice of 2 sides
    Choose (2) Sides
    Green beans
    Potato Casserole
    broc/cheese/rice casserole
    Coleslaw
    $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee

    Safe Travels Inbound to I-H

    See y'all soon, Jeff
    Hi Mike,
    This what you are looking for
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    You gonna try and make Sallisaw tomorrow or just stay in OKC?. Sallisaw is 160 more miles. OKC is about 550 from Albequerque.

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Form

    Originally posted by BA80
    As long as your with the XS group I don't think it'll be a problem but if they email you back and ask who's reservation your under just give them a name of someone you know has a reservation.
    Thanks Greg.

    Could someone post the meal form from IH?

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Left at 7:30 AM.
    I'm in Flagstaff and headed for Albuqurque and sleep. 200 miles and 4 more hours, I think.

    Do it again tomorrow.

    Brant, come on down, ST-man.

    T.C.: bite me!

    (I hate using my mobile phone for web stuff!)

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    A word to the wise

    This has been mentioned before, but there have been recent additions. Having been on the Dragon recently, there is more of a presence of law enforcement than has been previously. Used to be more local guys like county mounty level. The new guys are TN State Troopers. They are in patrol cars and, yes, on motorcycles too. Another addition is there are a few more ambulances stationed nearby (on the weekends). I feel that is a good thing - just don't want to see the inside of one. Outside view is just fine.

    I am thinking that some of the crotch rocket thrill seekers are mostly the cause of this additional concern. They appear to be mostly looking for speeders as they are sitting in some of the turns with radar guns.

    The good news is that there will likely be so many bikes on the Dragon that you can't be speeding anyway.

    Don't be overly concerned. Just be advised that they are out there.

    MP
    Last edited by MPittma100; 09-24-2013, 08:16 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    T.C.,

    Let us know what they say. We are not staying there either but would like to eat there at least on Friday night with the group. If not, we will have to find someone else too take our money.

    MP
    As long as your with the XS group I don't think it'll be a problem but if they email you back and ask who's reservation your under just give them a name of someone you know has a reservation.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Phil,

    I think it's more likely the speedo jammed up as the drive. Will an XS650 cable fit?

    For the signal, open up the switchgear. The screw on the rocker is loose. Or...bad lamp connection or ground. Secure the screw in the switchgear first.
    Hi Marty,
    Called around and found a speedo cable which involved a nice 1 hour ride to collect. Install to morrow. By the time I find out if it is fixed i will be on my way I gave Addie a severe talking to and suddenly both the indicators flash again. I'll bring the screwdriver and you can show me where the switch gear is
    See you on Friday.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Originally posted by TopCatGr58
    Hey Jeff/Marty,

    The above RED TEXT has me a little concerned. I know when I've attended there before, I was able to place orders despite the fact that I wasn't staying there, I too am at the Tuskegee a couple miles down the road. SO...I don't know if they'll accept my order via email since I'm not an I-H resident....but I would think they would to have good karma with the other members of OUR GROUP that are staying there! I'll drop them a line and see what they say!?

    See you all there Friday PM, WOW, I get to meet the 'infamous' 3Phase!

    T.C.
    T.C.,

    Let us know what they say. We are not staying there either but would like to eat there at least on Friday night with the group. If not, we will have to find someone else too take our money.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Shirts

    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    The only shirts we have are the ones that were pre-ordered. Doing extras would increase the price considerably.

    Two days and a wake-up!
    Not even a small problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by TopCatGr58
    Hey Jeff/Marty,

    The above RED TEXT has me a little concerned. I know when I've attended there before, I was able to place orders despite the fact that I wasn't staying there, I too am at the Tuskegee a couple miles down the road. SO...I don't know if they'll accept my order via email since I'm not an I-H resident....but I would think they would to have good karma with the other members of OUR GROUP that are staying there! I'll drop them a line and see what they say!?

    See you all there Friday PM, WOW, I get to meet the 'infamous' 3Phase!

    T.C.
    I know for a fact that they will allow others not staying at the IH to eat there as we are still part of that group...however you wont be able to run a tab and pay upon checking out as we never checked in and yes they will respond to emails...BTDT already.

    Leave a comment:


  • TopCatGr58
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    Here are our FOOD CHOICES from I-H. If you have Registered for a Room or Bunk or Tent Space at I-H then you should have just received this info in an email from Iron Horse. They say: Please email this form back to info@ironhorsenc.com.

    Our restaurant is not open to the public. We only serve our guests.
    See y'all soon, Jeff
    Hey Jeff/Marty,

    The above RED TEXT has me a little concerned. I know when I've attended there before, I was able to place orders despite the fact that I wasn't staying there, I too am at the Tuskegee a couple miles down the road. SO...I don't know if they'll accept my order via email since I'm not an I-H resident....but I would think they would to have good karma with the other members of OUR GROUP that are staying there! I'll drop them a line and see what they say!?

    See you all there Friday PM, WOW, I get to meet the 'infamous' 3Phase!

    T.C.

    Leave a comment:


  • knybanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    EXCELLENT ........
    btw: We are taking a Rest Stop at Waterrock Knob on BRP (that's between US23 & US19) say 3:30pm Sat, after that its a Fuel Stop in Cherokee then Ride back to I-H. If you can't make that then see you at the I-H. Riders should start arriving back at I-H say 5:30pm to 5:45pm.

    Lot's of final maintenance going on (heavy duty repairs & regular stuff) happening since last week to get these beasts 'Rally Ready'. Will be fun.

    Jeff
    Y'all will likely be ahead of me time wise, I'll be working a late 2nd shift Friday night so an early start is unlikely. My route may also be a bit further South, BRP from 276 to 215 is possible then south to Charlies Cr and through Elijay to Franklin and around Wayah Rd to the NOC for beer on the way into Iron Horse...but I've been known to reroute on a whim.

    Leave a comment:

Working...