XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    The only shirts we have are the ones that were pre-ordered. Doing extras would increase the price considerably.

    Two days and a wake-up!

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Ready

    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Mike,

    Your tee shirts will be at the lodge Friday afternoon. I'll see you then! I think I'm ready.
    Hi Marty,

    Thanks for the info. Might buy an extra if you have any. I believe that I am ready too??

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Mike,

    Your tee shirts will be at the lodge Friday afternoon. I'll see you then! I think I'm ready.

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    You should be headed down there too Brant. If Scott can come from Cali you should be able to get there from Colorado.
    Left myself wide-open for that..............and somehow knew it would be from you. The thought has crossed my mind since Scott let me know his intentions a week ago.
    Last edited by motoman; 09-24-2013, 04:28 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Bryson City

    I am coming to the rally and bringing two others. We will be staying in Bryson City - about 20-30 minutes from the IH. We plan to make the rides and attend the "functions". If anyone gets in a bind, we have room for a couple more to stay with us.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    nuthin to do except pack and bide time 2 more nights of work the 4 days off...weather is shaping up too...plan is to leave at 5a.m. fri and be there by early afternoon...taking my time and cutting out a major portion of I40 for 2 laners...this rally is all about relaxtion and having fun...I've been waiting for this...

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    You should be headed down there too Brant. If Scott can come from Cali you should be able to get there from Colorado.

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    Mom pulled in as I was getting ready to get out of Dodge and I had to do some brake work on her car so I'm taking a break before I get on the road.

    Oh joy. More night riding. This is going to turn into an Iron Butt ride.

    .
    Gee Scott......Columbo makin' U live up to 'just one more thing'! A couple more of those, and I coulda' planned on meetin' ya' somewhere south on the STeed! Dern, the nite ridin' sucks, but least not as many forest rats on that southern route. Be safe out there buddy, and if weather decent, may see ya' on your return trip!

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by knybanjo


    Hope to meet some of you around the fire or out on the back porch Saturday night.
    EXCELLENT ........
    btw: We are taking a Rest Stop at Waterrock Knob on BRP (that's between US23 & US19) say 3:30pm Sat, after that its a Fuel Stop in Cherokee then Ride back to I-H. If you can't make that then see you at the I-H. Riders should start arriving back at I-H say 5:30pm to 5:45pm.

    Lot's of final maintenance going on (heavy duty repairs & regular stuff) happening since last week to get these beasts 'Rally Ready'. Will be fun.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • knybanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Ha ha ha................................................ ..............ha.............


    New rear tire & tube changed, left bearing re-greased, all brakes looked to still be at 3/4 pads, axle keeper on left fork was loose (oops) Oil and filters were changed recently about all I may do now is change the middle and final gear lubes.

    Hope to meet some of you around the fire or out on the back porch Saturday night.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Phil,

    I think it's more likely the speedo jammed up as the drive. Will an XS650 cable fit?

    For the signal, open up the switchgear. The screw on the rocker is loose. Or...bad lamp connection or ground. Secure the screw in the switchgear first.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    Good to hear 3Phase is already on the road. Ted & Heather up and running again is great too.
    My test ride blew up my speedo cable
    Have I messed up the wheel drive or is it just coincidence ? I really do not what to take the wheel off again.
    I will try and get a replacement before I leave on Thursday.
    Phil
    Any opinions on my speedo drive question?
    Left indicator refuses to flash. Cleaned ground and new battery even at 5000 RPM still just on no flash ? Any suggestions what else to check?
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    If there is no bearing play in that rear wheel your going to be good to go. The right side bearing is sealed so as long as it is smooth and tight don't worry about it.

    The left bearing is really easy to lube up. I just was talking to TC about this the other day. There is a seal there that is really easy to remove. There's also a small spacer with a little lip that sticks through that seal that is easily pried out. It won't hurt the lip of the seal if your careful. There's a looped spring that fits in a groove in the lip of the seal that might fall out but you can pop it right back in there. Then, the seal comes out real easy.

    There is an inner race that will slid out of the bearing then you can lube the bearing rollers and reassemble.

    Put the inner race in the bearing then with the spacer installed in the seal you can push the seal and spacer back in with your thumbs.

    Here is one disassembled.

    Hi Greg, I wish I had asked that question last week. My bearing has less than 10k miles on it but I would have greased it if i had known how easy it would be.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by knybanjo
    Thanks guys...it was a joke...but.......
    Ha ha ha................................................ ..............ha.............

    Leave a comment:


  • knybanjo
    replied
    Thanks guys...it was a joke...but.......

    Leave a comment:

Working...