XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bigfoot
    replied
    Heading out in about 20 min. Meeting Bohn just east of KC. Have about 600 miles today to Nashville. Have a safe trip everyone.

    Leave a comment:


  • yamahansolo
    replied
    Tod I thought something fishy was going on with you 2 last year...

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    See you in a couple hours Tod. Scott isn't gonna make it to Sallisaw this morning.

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Headed out the door. 700+ miles to Nashville today.

    And Ben...
    I've done the TOD enough times that I dont consider it a necessity

    Does this mean we're done?




    Tod.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELDR
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    Guys,

    I should make Oklahoma City tonight or early AM. A lady's car threw the tread off the right rear tire; almost took out a couple of 'rigs and me east of Gallup, NM.

    I burned 3 or 4 hours there and just made Amarillo. Sallisaw AM can't happen but I'll try for Nashville or something.

    Just really glad to be alive tonight!
    .
    Hey 3Phase, we saw you, you passed us as we were exiting for gas, just 15 miles after Albuquerque. I wondered if the XS11 you were on was headed to NC. Looked like you had a green duffle bag on the back.

    We just checked into a Super 8 at Clinton, OK. Heather and are enjoying the trip, so may not press for Friday arrival. Getting there is allot of the fun.

    We are on a Silver / Grey Venture pulling a small trailer.

    Ted

    Leave a comment:


  • yamahansolo
    replied
    Don't be mad at me when I show up on a zx11... Thef needs the second gear mod done... :/ I know I know... Its the bike on the shirt.... If anyone wants to trailer it up for me so people can see how purdy it is I'm OK with that

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    I went through Deals Gap first thing Sunday morning two weeks ago with another group. It was awful. It was a slow crawl and a big crowd.

    If you choose to travel with the group on Sunday, the Dragon is scheduled for after lunch. For those staying Sunday night, you will have time to run the Cherohala Skyway in both directions before dinner, after you pass through Deals Gap. If there is enough interest, I will take a group to Tellico Plains after lunch, and on up over the Skyway, skipping Deals Gap altogether. We can discuss that Friday and Saturday night. For many, Deals Gap is a very important part of the weekend. For others, not so much. It is going to remain on the agenda.
    Hi Marty,
    Well put. I love it when a plan comes together
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by mlew
    I hope everyone has a safe ride this weekend. I wish I could join the fun but I'll be at the doctor tomorrow in the OR so he can repair the damaged tendon in my hand. I have reservations for next year so if I can keep my hands clear of my saw I'll be there next time.

    wont be the same without you there Mark...we'll see you soon though...take care and good luck with the surgery

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Guys,

    I should make Oklahoma City tonight or early AM. A lady's car threw the tread off the right rear tire; almost took out a couple of 'rigs and me east of Gallup, NM.

    I burned 3 or 4 hours there and just made Amarillo. Sallisaw AM can't happen but I'll try for Nashville or something.

    Just really glad to be alive tonight!
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    Getting ready

    just printed tentative schedule on p6
    and maps of routes on p10 of this thread. Preparing & packing some "awards"

    Most awards are voted on. Some Furthest from rally. furthest ridden...rely on self reporting, So keep up with mileage. Watch for roadside or parking lot repairs. Find out owners name of shiniest bike, radical custom, most stock, etc. We will be asking you to nominate & vote for awards. We welcome suggestions for new awards and may have some surprises in store.

    Looking forward to great weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • mlew
    replied
    I hope everyone has a safe ride this weekend. I wish I could join the fun but I'll be at the doctor tomorrow in the OR so he can repair the damaged tendon in my hand. I have reservations for next year so if I can keep my hands clear of my saw I'll be there next time.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    So how long of a ride is it for you to the rally? Are you coming from OK?

    MP
    850 miles from Tulsa Mike.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Remember Ben, there are people joining us who have never ridden a motorcycle on US 129. We can not deny them! It's like pilgrimage to Mecca! It is required at least once!
    I'm not forgetting that at all but if you are offering another option I'd be willing to do that instaed...I've done the TOD enough times that I dont consider it a necessity to ride it anymore...but I might just have to Go My Own Way...

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    How Long

    Originally posted by BA80
    Bike all checked and ready, too much stuff packed on it and I'm ready to hit the highway early in the morning.

    See y'all Friday.
    So how long of a ride is it for you to the rally? Are you coming from OK?

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Bike all checked and ready, too much stuff packed on it and I'm ready to hit the highway early in the morning.

    See y'all Friday.

    Leave a comment:

Working...