XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • yamahansolo
    replied
    Damn! Bne is 61! Geez your old

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Places

    There are actually several good places to eat there. And, yes, they serve adult beverages. That may be an option for those staying Sunday night if IH is not serving meals.

    Anthony's Pizza is a good restaurant. It is located at the railroad tracks. Two doors down is a micro brewery. There is also The Station Restaurant, Jimmie Macs, and Pasqualino's Italian Restaurant. All are within a couple of blocks of each other.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    I tthink we stopped at Ingles last year on Sunday night for a box of Beer and a cooked Chicken with a bag of salad for our picnic dinner
    There was left over salad but the beer and chicken went pretty fast
    (That's my story and I am sticking to it)
    Earl G carried the beer or was it the chicken
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Bryson City

    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    You have to go to Bryson City for adult beverages. As I recall, it's about 30 minutes away.
    BC has everything. There is an ABC store for the good stuff and several stores with beer and wine. Ingles is probably the best store for that.

    There are 3 BC exits. From the IH go out to Hwy 74. Turn left (east). First exit is 64, third exit is Exit 67 and that is where the ABC store is. Ingles is just around the corner - not far.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by Huron52
    Is the area around Iron Horse a dry county? How far to I have to go to find some beer? Will Maggie Valley have a liquior/beer store?
    You have to go to Bryson City for adult beverages. As I recall, it's about 30 minutes away.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    It isn't far. We had plenty of beer last year. Had to give it away when we left.



    I hated that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Huron52
    replied
    Is the area around Iron Horse a dry county? How far to I have to go to find some beer? Will Maggie Valley have a liquior/beer store?

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    Compared to my earlier travels on the XJ650 on which I am folded up like a pretzel the XS1100H is the lap of luxury The sheep skin helps too.
    Ofcourse if I had a newer sport tourer in the stable I might be singing Ben's tune.
    Phil
    the fact that you havent been spoiled by a modern sport tour bike is a good thing...because all it really takes is one good ride and the deed is a done deal...LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Compared to my earlier travels on the XJ650 on which I am folded up like a pretzel the XS1100H is the lap of luxury The sheep skin helps too.
    Ofcourse if I had a newer sport tourer in the stable I might be singing Ben's tune.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Right behind you my friend at 55 in dec.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    With that cushy seat that's on The Swamp Thing it should be like riding a recliner.
    it aint cushy at all...its hard as a rock...will be looking for something else next year...
    I'd be happy to switch rides with you at the rally to feel it for yoursef...

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Pussy.......LOL
    you damn well know that if you had an ST1100 you'd be just as spoiled...see how you feel when you're 61 yrs old...

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    With that cushy seat that's on The Swamp Thing it should be like riding a recliner.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Correction...........it was 650 miles.
    yeah that sounds better to do 850 miles in 12 hours you'd have to be flying...you would have to average 70.8 mph without stops

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    yes they would however if its me we're talking about..i wouldn't be comfortable on an XS for that kind of mileage...it has everything to do with me getting older...I want to be coddled in comfort and my ST delivers that in spades.
    Pussy.......LOL

    Leave a comment:

Working...