XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    I'm guessing that the XS1100 would make that same distance without a hitch even now as old as they are.

    MP
    yes they would however if its me we're talking about..i wouldn't be comfortable on an XS for that kind of mileage...it has everything to do with me getting older...I want to be coddled in comfort and my ST delivers that in spades.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Yeah, it's hard on a motorcycle. Hell, 50 MPH average was difficult when I was driving truck.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Correction...........it was 650 miles.
    Hi Greg,
    It is the extra 200 miles that takes all the time then
    Most people do not realize how difficult it is to Average 50 MPH.

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    I did 850mi. on The Hornet in less than 12hrs coming back from Hayward Wisconsin a couple weeks ago.

    I left Hayward around 9AM and rolled into Liberty, Mo. around 7:30pm. Spent an hour at a convenience store talking to a kid that rolled up on an SH that he had just inherited then headed on to Shawnee Ks to Russ' and got there about 9:30.
    Correction...........it was 650 miles.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    yeah rub it in...j/k...i've ridden 860 miles in 16 hrs before...but never on an XS/XJ1100. My ST1100 has spoiled me when it comes to anything LD...
    I did 850mi. on The Hornet in less than 12hrs coming back from Hayward Wisconsin a couple weeks ago.

    I left Hayward around 9AM and rolled into Liberty, Mo. around 7:30pm. Spent an hour at a convenience store talking to a kid that rolled up on an SH that he had just inherited then headed on to Shawnee Ks to Russ' and got there about 9:30.

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Great Smokys

    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    I can not tell you how much I love having these mountains at my doorstep! It is paradise!
    +1 on that Marty. The Smoky Mountains are the best. And they are close. Been going there since I was a young whipper snapper. Born and raised in NC.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    yeah rub it in...j/k...i've ridden 860 miles in 16 hrs before...but never on an XS/XJ1100. My ST1100 has spoiled me when it comes to anything LD...
    I'm guessing that the XS1100 would make that same distance without a hitch even now as old as they are.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    I can not tell you how much I love having these mountains at my doorstep! It is paradise!
    yeah rub it in...j/k...i've ridden 860 miles in 16 hrs before...but never on an XS/XJ1100. My ST1100 has spoiled me when it comes to anything LD...

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    I can not tell you how much I love having these mountains at my doorstep! It is paradise!

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Google Maps tricked me by switching over to km. Phil has only about 800 miles. A walk in the park. Right, Phil?
    Hi Marty,
    Not quite a walk in the park but definitely 'do-able" as they say
    You know you have been for a ride....that is for sure
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • Huron52
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    All this chatter is getting me excited
    Then our job here, is done!

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    I'm still up in the air on wether i will trailer the bike or actually ride it...but i am leaning towards the trailer for a number of reasons....I'm less than 400 miles out so no longest rides for me...now if i were to be bringing my ST1100 then I would be riding. All this chatter is getting me excited...so looking forward to this rally...

    Leave a comment:


  • Huron52
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    You're bringing the whole house, right?
    Pretty close!

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Dedicated

    You guys are some seriously dedicated riders. Be careful and good luck. See you at the IH next month.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by Huron52
    Don't worry about Tom Cale riding very far. He is trailering the whole way! LOL
    You're bringing the whole house, right?

    Leave a comment:

Working...