XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • knybanjo
    replied
    Thanks for the reminders!


    Another thing to keep in mind when staying at the Iron Horse is that it's located in a "dry county" so if you're given to having an adult beverage around the campfire you'll need to carry it in.

    The 3 closest places to do that on the NC side would be the towns of Andrews and Bryson City and also the little store across the street from the Nantahala Outdoor Center. (which is in between those two towns)

    I have stayed at the IH a number of times and really like their setup but have become a bit partial to having dinner at the NOC and watching the river roll by, then walking across the street for campfire supplies.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    If you have made reservations for the weekend, the Iron Horse will contact you about food. If you don't have a reservation for lodging, you will have to arrange meals at the Iron Horse in advance.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    well KNY isnt on a reservation list so it might be hard for them to send him an email...thus the old fashioned pick up the phone...reach out and touch someone...LOL
    I'll have to phone in myself as I am staying at the Tuskeegee Motel this year...saving money ya know...

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by dpotter58
    Call them to order? I thought the would send an email asking...
    well KNY isnt on a reservation list so it might be hard for them to send him an email...thus the old fashioned pick up the phone...reach out and touch someone...LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • dpotter58
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent
    Reservations are not required for tent camping, and there is plenty of extra space on the grass. Food reservations and pre ordering is requested by Iron Horse. Call them to order prime rib, salmon, or what is on menue. I plan to bring my BIG tent and will probably have extra space in it. Bring your tent & bedroll & towel. If you want in Big tent, let me know before you register & pay for camping. (save $10).

    Much fun soon,
    Call them to order? I thought the would send an email asking...

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    tent camping

    Originally posted by knybanjo
    Thanks.

    It's just maybe at the moment and the most I can do is Saturday night around the fire, will take my chances on IH having room for my tent.
    Reservations are not required for tent camping, and there is plenty of extra space on the grass. Food reservations and pre ordering is requested by Iron Horse. Call them to order prime rib, salmon, or what is on menue. I plan to bring my BIG tent and will probably have extra space in it. Bring your tent & bedroll & towel. If you want in Big tent, let me know before you register & pay for camping. (save $10).

    Much fun soon,

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    There was plenty of empty tent sites last year.

    Leave a comment:


  • knybanjo
    replied
    Thanks.

    It's just maybe at the moment and the most I can do is Saturday night around the fire, will take my chances on IH having room for my tent.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Correct. There is no rally fee. The majority of the group stays at, and takes meals at the Iron Horse. Other lodging is available within ten miles. If you will dine at the Iron Horse, those meals must be arranged in advance. We have arranged lunch stops for Saturday and Sunday.

    Limited space is available at the Iron Horse. Make your arrangements now!

    Leave a comment:


  • knybanjo
    replied
    Late to the thread, scanned a few pages.

    Question:

    No rally fee, just a BYOB type event?

    (everybody takes care of their own food, lodging etc)

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    ...and making love to a cigar....

    Always bringing politics into things. Leave Bill and Monica out of this, will you?

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    When riding it certainly helps to to "Be Seen"



    Here is the latest project.

    Jeff
    Ha ha ha............I was just browsing through here and realized that you'll have to get your model (Brent) to give up his leather jacket in order for anyone to see that T-shirt while he's riding and making love to a cigar.....

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyA
    Know when to go...

    Wednesday couple of weeks ago, The Dragon had no traffic and no enforcement, so....
    Hmmm.. I see sparks. Replacing the sparking bits can get expensive on those.

    John, I expect people that know me to flip me off.. It's the ones that DON'T know me to hate me enough to flip me off that bugs me! I've apparently ticked them off without trying. I just want a little time to earn it, I guess? lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Originally posted by trbig
    Then they tend to flip me off when I pass them like it's ME that's messing with THEM? I just don't understand the mentality.
    Tod,

    EVERYBODY tends to flip you off.

    I would try changing deodorant


    John

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyA
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    We followed two Hogley Fergusons through Deals Gap in the morning. They wouldn't move either. Other than that, it was a great run, and a great weekend.

    Just two more weeks!
    Know when to go...

    Wednesday couple of weeks ago, The Dragon had no traffic and no enforcement, so....




    You guys have a GREAT time!! Wish I could make it!

    Leave a comment:

Working...