XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • natemoen
    replied
    Originally posted by GARTHXS
    I talked t Scott this am . Any updates on Greg ?
    What happened?

    Leave a comment:


  • GARTHXS
    replied
    I talked t Scott this am . Any updates on Greg ?

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Oh crap......

    Leave a comment:


  • knybanjo
    replied
    Rode the bike to work this afternoon for it's final 'test' run...home now and all packed up and ready to roll. See ya at Iron Horse tomorrow night, Lord willin' and if the creek don't rise.

    edit: I guess that's tonight, not tomorrow night.
    Last edited by knybanjo; 09-27-2013, 09:51 PM. Reason: after midnight

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Memphis Honda and Yamaha for a 3000 mile oil change. No metal so I'm good to go!B-)

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • earl G
    replied
    well the sun is just coming out here. comfont inn at atkins va. very very foggy. short ride to i. h. see you all there

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Sitting here in front of the no tell motel in Nashville watching the sunrise and the morning air traffic take off from the airport.

    We aren't in a hurry this morning, only a couple hundred or so miles left. Harry and Bohn got here about 7:30 last night. See y'all later today.

    Leave a comment:


  • Old Red
    replied
    I will be heading that way at 8 am, running late this morning. Looking to be there by 5 pm.

    The Other Earl

    Leave a comment:


  • GLoweVA
    replied
    I'll be starting out here in about 20mins. Top off the tank and see you guys about 3pm.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Awoke with a cold...but that ain't gonna stop me...changed my departure time to 7 a.m.....still looking at an early p.m. arrival at the Tuskeegee...then onto the IH...hope y'all have a safe and uneventful ride...

    Leave a comment:


  • ELDR
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    Yes, that was me there with the car.

    I'm about 100 miles behind y'all in Hazen, AR, for the night.

    550 miles to go says my fibbing GPS app so I'll be back on the road at 4:30 AM.

    See you there!

    .
    Correction, the bad part of 40 is at Forest City, avoid it if you can, especially in the wee hours

    Ted

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by ELDR
    I remember the car with a bike parked in front of it, but my attentions was on the road or I would have stopped, Glad you made it to Groom, we stopped in Clinton, OK.

    Now just past Memphis. Part of 40 had heavy construction with delays just after Amarillo. Rough shoulder and road for 10 miles, lots of high speed trucks and cars trying to make time after the construction. Memphis freeway heavy as well. Glide to be in for the night.
    Yes, that was me there with the car.

    I'm about 100 miles behind y'all in Hazen, AR, for the night.

    550 miles to go says my fibbing GPS app so I'll be back on the road at 4:30 AM.

    See you there!

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • ELDR
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    I was wondering if that was you!
    A littIe later I waved from the side of the highway as you rode by me and the two ladies, Anna and Marla, in their little red Ford. When the tread came off their tire it killed the engine. I checked under the car and the fuel lines took a beating but weren't leaking and the electrical connectors got smacked.

    I probably have enough tools with me to rebuild an XS11 on the side of the road (at night ) but calling a towtruck and their husbands
    seemed like a much better plan until the towtruck driver got sent to the wrong location and didn't show up for a long time. A really long time... so we introduced ourselves and talked until the towtruck driver got himself un-lost. We had a good time considering the circumstances and I couldn't say it was wasted even though it put me behind schedule. I gave up after midnight and got a room in Groom, TX. Night riding at 75 MPH and burning fuel with no sleep is just a bad idea.

    .
    I remember the car with a bike parked in front of it, but my attentions was on the road or I would have stopped, Glad you made it to Groom, we stopped in Clinton, OK.

    Now just past Memphis. Part of 40 had heavy construction with delays just after Amarillo. Rough shoulder and road for 10 miles, lots of high speed trucks and cars trying to make time after the construction. Memphis freeway heavy as well. Glide to be in for the night.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Sorry to break it to you that way Tod...but you're with Greg...now....;-)

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    So, when we get there around noon there won't be any beer? I guess we better stop and get some on the way in.
    That's right! And Robin isn't going to win any MOST PUNCTUAL award.

    Leave a comment:

Working...