XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Who is Mark?
    Mastan...on a yam. Fz1

    Leave a comment:


  • earl G
    replied
    home i am, got in around 9 pm. rode back with maxuim phil and viper ron. phil split off at 77 in va, ron at woodstock.

    big turn out this year. keeps growing.

    big thanks to the people that make this happen

    greg you get yourself heal up and the bike fixed up so we can ride again.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Who is Mark?

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Did someone else besides me wreck?

    Yeah...I think it was Adam...BTW I wasn't hallucinating I did see Bob Jones's Street Sleeper parked at the IH...I got some pics to prove it...never saw the owner and he never rode with us either...
    Last edited by madmax-im; 09-30-2013, 06:52 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Did someone else besides me wreck?

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Mark,

    Keep us posted on your status. I hope your injuries aren't more than bruises, but ribs crack easily.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Part two...
    It was great to see all my friends as well as meet some new faces whose names and posts I have been reading for some time now...Thanks also to Gary and Bruce and Brent as well...I'm sorry I went back to the motel Sat instead of staying for the meeting...mistake... next year I'll see abt going back to the IH...The riding after lunch on Sunday was just awesome and Earl's leading the ride on the Cherohala was superb..cannot wait til next year...I will post my 60 pics soon...;-)

    Leave a comment:


  • bikerphil
    replied
    Greg, hope you get better soon bro.

    Great seeing everyone again and thanks to everyone who made the rally possible, see you all next year. Rolled into S. Florida about 5.30 PM tonight.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Red
    I got in about 4:00 today, with a total of 1244 miles.

    It was great to see such a large group of XS lovers there along with many awesome looking bikes.

    Thanks to everyone that helped make this event a great weekend.

    Greg, sorry it was not the best weekend for you. We will keep you in our prayers for a speedy healing and that you and your bike will be back home soon.

    The Other Earl
    All is well, as well as it can be Other Earl. Getting things lined out with a couple friendsto get me and the bike home together.

    Leave a comment:


  • mastan
    replied
    So I'm riding on the foothills parkway again and decide to pull into one of the scenic overlooks. I notice that there's a steep downgrade where I'm parking, but I don't notice that it's also graded forward. I put down the kickstand and my left foot and my right leg is dismounting when the bike starts rolling down and forward. The next thing I know, I'm flat on my back a good five feet from the bike. It literally threw me off. The bike has many scrapes and scratches as do I. My face shield is toast because my helmet flew off my head on the way down. My back and ribs are very sore and breathing is difficult. I made it to Kentucky ok, but I'm going to wait and see how I feel tomorrow to decide whether or not to continue on the bike. Worse case will have me asking wifey to come pick me up and leaving the bike here someplace. Bummer ending to a terrific weekend.
    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Old Red
    replied
    I got in about 4:00 today, with a total of 1244 miles.

    It was great to see such a large group of XS lovers there along with many awesome looking bikes.

    Thanks to everyone that helped make this event a great weekend.

    Greg, sorry it was not the best weekend for you. We will keep you in our prayers for a speedy healing and that you and your bike will be back home soon.

    The Other Earl

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Well, you know how I am TC, always trying to get attention.

    I guess I just went a little too far.

    I still had a good time just meeting and mingling. Besides I didn't miss the whole ride. It was just me pushing too hard in that decreasing radius curve that caused it. Sorry to have thrown cold water on the rally. I'll try not to do that next time. I guess I'm just getting too old. Maybe a Goldwing with training wheels is in my future

    Glad everyone so far has made it home safely.

    Update; My left side ribs are REALLY sore but getting better every day. The bike isn't too bad, I'll fix him up and see y'all down the road.

    Leave a comment:


  • dpotter58
    replied
    I got home at 6 with no problems. Bike ran like a top.
    Thanks to everyone that put this together for us. I was just talking to the girlfriend about her going next year. Hopefully that will work out.

    Leave a comment:


  • TopCatGr58
    replied
    Hey George,

    I'm know you're tired and so why you might have forgotten to give me a call when you got home, especially since we were playing leap frog on the trip home, me in the support SUV while you and Dwayne were running on the bikes. So...yes, I also arrived home around 4pm today just fine. Hope to hear from Dwayne soon since he had to split off from George around I-95 and 58 junction on his way up to Maryland.

    Many thanks for Marty and JeffH for hosting this wonderful event, for Gary and Bruce, along with Marty and Brent for leading and running clean up with the 2 groups the whole weekend!!! The weather was "mostly" great, just that Sunday run in the FOG and wet roads a mile high, but as Marty says, these mountains make their own weather.

    Hopefully Greg/BA80 won't be to angry at me for this, as he said, we were running War Woman road which has some off camber and hidden curves behind/just after a hill. As I wrote in Greg's get well card, even though our bikes shift like tractors doesn't mean we can PLOW the ground beside the road! There was a prominent hilly shoulder on the side where he ran out of road, not sure if he bounced off/against his bike or just the ground after the untimely dismount? Greg, you're too skinny to try to bounce like that!

    We assessed him at the scene, aside from some soreness to the ribs, and road rash on his left arm, he seemed okay. We got his bike back up, was able to salvage 1 mirror from the parts, verified that the bent/scrunched 3 point guards hadn't damaged the ALT, and he then rode the bike some 20 miles further before he started feeling really bad. So the small group that had stayed with him stopped again, helped him off the bike, and that's when they found a distended/firm abdomen, and he was going into shock. That's when the EMS folks got involved. He was then transported from the road via ambulance first into town, then they brought in the life flight helicopter for the ride down to Asheville, NC. Greg's tough and he's sorta been playing down his injuries, but his cracked/broken ribs punctured his lung, he forgot to mention the ruptured spleen .....but the surgeons were able to put "Humpty Dumpty" back together again laparascopically. That's why he's been in the Hospital hilton and may be there for a few more days before they get tired of him and kick him out!

    We're just glad we didn't have to rename the rally to a Memorial one!

    I met quite a few other folks in person that I hadn't before, Scott/3Phase and ViperRon just to name a couple that my feeble memory can recall.

    Looking forward to next year's event, as well as XS east this coming spring. Hope everyone makes it home without incident or breakdown.

    T.C.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    I just got home to Atlanta aok. Bike is parked and I'm relaxing.

    Today I rode up from the Iron Horse to the Cashiers to get Greg's shiny nice new Camera off the bike for him. Then home from there via Toccoa.

    The Firemen at the Cashiers Fire Station had rolled Greg's bike right up on their covered back Patio. There was a wheel chair ramp to the patio and they had moved the bike up to keep it protected. nice touch!! I bet Brent had something to do with that ....... I am always impressed how that Firemen are so networked and so helpful and supporting to each other.

    I rode about 900 miles since Friday. Much less than most, but I'm happy my bike ran real good and performed well. Fun sprint we had indeed on the Foothills Parkway, Sequoyah Connector, and Cherohala Skyway last evening.

    It is great we had such a big turnout for the Rally and "SO MANY" XS11's too. Like 22?? Maybe somebody counted.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:

Working...