XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3Phase
    replied
    Thanks, Jeff and Marty!

    So that was Hellbender? Ithought there were a lot of curves for a short ride to meet the main group for lunch. At least it was daytime... riding The Dragon at night and then trying to find The Iron Horse in the dark was something I'll never forget, that's for darn sure! Love the t-shirt and the award, too. That was almost as much of a surprise as that first big step into the meeting room! Yeah, I meant to do that!

    .
    Last edited by 3Phase; 10-01-2013, 10:17 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    BTW: Gary has posted some Southeast Rally Pics in an Album on our XS Southeast Facebook page.

    XS SE Main Page:


    Photo & Album Tabs (there are some 2013 Pics Posted in the Photo Tab then Gary's Pics grouped in the Album tab:
    https://www.facebook.com/XSSoutheast/photos_stream


    Direct to Gary's Album:


    Hopefully these links will get you to the right spot.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Jeff,
    Thanks for all of your hard work. The effort paid big dividends for everyone who showed up. This was the best riding rally I've ever been a part of. For those of you who missed it, maybe you will decide to come next year.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    What a rally!
    Scott,
    THANKS for taking that LONG RIDE to attend the SE Rally. Sure is a long way, but we are glad that you were here!!
    XSives and their machines are great. It was great to meet you to spend some time with you, especially blasting down Hellbender into Highlands.

    Scott all loaded up and ready to depart to northern KY
    [/URL]

    Looks like you will be right on plan with a little over 5,000 miles clocked for this X-Country Ride Adventure

    Thanks again for attending. Now you got a picture and a shirt to prove it ......

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • ViperRon
    replied
    I'm home sorry for late post had left PC at the girlfriend's mothers house and was this AM before I got it great ride only bad part was the accidents. Guy's get well soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Dayum! Look what started now.

    Sitting here in the In Ashville hospital and just had my crappy breakfast.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Kentucky

    What a rally!

    Greg, I'm glad you're getting right, man, take your time and don't take any shortcuts.

    I made it to my dad's in Burlington, KY, and my head's still spinning after meeting everyone but I've had a blast so far! I helped Adam (temporarily) fix a stripped bolt on the clutch perch before I left the IH and he was taping it as a backup. Did he crash later on?

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • mastan
    replied
    I got a little sleep last night and woke up feeling slightly better. I've decided to soldier on at least for a little while. Ibuprofen is fairly effective on it. Pretty sure I've got a fractured rib. Still can't figure out how I ended up so far from the bike!
    I'll check in later. Thanks for all your support.
    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by mastan
    I notice that there's a steep downgrade where I'm parking, but I don't notice that it's also graded forward. I put down the kickstand and my left foot and my right leg is dismounting when the bike starts rolling down and forward. The next thing I know, I'm flat on my back a good five feet from the bike. It literally threw me off.
    Mark
    Mark,
    So you OK today for the rest of the ride?? Those pull-off's are tricky and even those zero mph roll aways can tear up bike and rider. Hope you are ok. Getting tossed off hurts no matter what. The chip n' seal + excess gravel in those turn-offs can do a number on the bike too. We hope you are feeling OK today and sorry to hear some stuff got busted & scratched up.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Checking in. Home just past midnight. Weather was excellent and warm all the way Addie popped and banged a few times but we made it without anymore bits falling off.
    Thanks Viper Ron and EarlG for the early morning company and Breakfast

    I will read the posts to morrow...time for bed
    Maxim Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • Bigfoot
    replied
    Sounds like Marks was more of a bad dump in a parking lot. Who knows what actually happened with Adams. He didn't go on the group ride but came back that night with his bike all duct taped together.

    I made it home a bit ago. 800 miles in 13.5 hours. Not too bad especially since I lost over a half hour sitting in traffic in St. Louis. Almost 2300 for the whole trip.

    Had a great time. Good to see all of you again. Too brain dead at the moment to think of more to write. LOL.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by trbig
    How about a nice event-free rally next year? Greg, you get to ride behind Bohn.
    Maybe I will...............not.
    I'd have to wait at every stop for him to wash his bike.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    So, there were 3 wrecks?

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Originally posted by dpotter58
    I got home at 6 with no problems. Bike ran like a top.
    Thanks to everyone that put this together for us. I was just talking to the girlfriend about her going next year. Hopefully that will work out.

    Problem is, your cheap a$$ will try to get her to stay in the bunkhouse... "What?!? You want to BUY breakfast when I brought Cheerios?!?"


    Didn't get near as far as I'd planned, but it's not a bad thing. A bad wreck on I-40 had everyone detouring. Tanker spill or something, so everyone west bound had to exit at PRECISELY the exit I was at last year that I sat at a truck stop all day working on the bike. Nearly 2 hours later, I finally found a way around, but decided the miles weren't rolling by as easily as hoped, so I'm here at Memphis for the night. Turns out I'm walking distance to an excellent wing place as well as a place that has 90 different beers on tap. AND..... MONDAY IS PINT NIGHT!!! This place is definitely worth "acccidentally" not making it home next year... lol.

    With all the "Adam" commotion this morning, I took off with my room keys in my pocket. Had to find a post office to mail them back. Iron Horse very understanding and won't charge me the 25 bucks per key.

    Had a great time in spite of delicate, fragile, little Greg. We had a heck of a scare going to the hospital to see him, and I was never so glad to see that grouchy S.O.B. Didn't take many pics, but will post when I get home tomorrow. Jeff, I can't say thank you enough for all you've been willing to do to get Greg and his bike taken care of.

    How about a nice event-free rally next year? No machete or hatchet murderers, please. Greg, you get to ride behind Bohn.
    Last edited by trbig; 09-30-2013, 07:15 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Who is Mark?
    Go to post #460. Mark Stanton dropped himself and his bike on his way home. The both got scratched and bruised. I hope he's OK.

    Greg, I hope you're getting your walking papers soon. Remember, they don't make too many spare parts for 1958 models any more. Be careful!

    Leave a comment:

Working...