XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • madmax-im
    replied
    Robert...I couldn't agree with you more...how fortunate we are to have this type of support...from a better group one couldn't find any better and I wouldn't expect anything less...sure hope to see you next year

    Leave a comment:


  • Cobia
    replied
    To The True Gentlemen and Brothers Here, Thank You

    It is very comforting to know that all you gentlemen and brothers of our XS11 forum are there to support, help, and take care of a fellow rider in times of dire need. It is also very fortunate that we have such a variety of professional expertise and talent among our ranks.
    I won't list names because we all know who you are and what you've done to assist your fellow riders in need.
    My hat goes off to you with the utmost respect and appreciation for what you've done and would do should the situation demand it.
    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • DGXSER
    replied
    Last night Steppenwolf and I had the great opportunity to spend an evening with 3-Phase here in Cincinnati. He has not yet headed for home. Great guy, lots of laughs and good conversation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    home

    Originally posted by BA80
    FINALLY!!

    JWHughes, his son Ryan, and I got to Tulsa around 6AM.

    If your planning on buying a Jeep Liberty for it's spacious back seat, think again!
    Glad to hear you made it home, Greg. JWHughes - My hat is off to you and Ryan. Thanks for doing the western transportation. Thanks too to Jeff getting bike etc. Great to see such help for an XSive who is down.

    I have been home for a while too. Is that everyone now home OK?

    Leave a comment:


  • Cobia
    replied
    I thought you'd remember JeffH.

    The other ironic thing was that on our first fuel stop Marty commented on how smooth and worn my front tire was. Amazing that I was able to scrub off all that speed and still keep traction.

    Yeah, I don't like to tap on that guardian angel too much so he doesn't get tired of saving my behind...hehehe.

    Very glad to hear you're doing better Greg. And getting a lot of help and support from the awesome guys on here. What else could a person ask for?

    I definitely have to make sure I make it to the next rally.... with good tires too.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    FINALLY!!

    JWHughes, his son Ryan, and I got to Tulsa around 6AM.

    If your planning on buying a Jeep Liberty for it's spacious back seat, think again!

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied

    HeckertB

    I don't know how I left this one out. I have to go back a very long way to one of these that he hasn't been present.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Hi JeffH,
    Nice picture of my best side Yes I did want to ride my favourite rodas again with my favourite group of people
    Have added Foothills Parkway to list of great roads in the area.
    I am glad we tried Clingmans dome and I think we got lucky and it worked quite well. River road has potential but was not lucky for us with too many tourists. Weather was awesome so lets order the same for next year

    3548 Kilometers round trip for me. 25,000 came up on the clock as I passed Princeton WV. That is 125000 or is it 2 hundred thousand.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Marty is correct. I was having a blast man!

    That little curve was unique to itself I don't remember a sight but then I had seen so many that morning that the only thing I was really watching was the rider ahead of me (that was the original Earl) and it looked to me to be fairly routine. BUT, It was blind and you couldn't see around that big rock to see that it was a bit off camber and made a sorta radical radius change.

    I was just too hot into it and when I corrected it was juuuuuust a little too late. If it wasn't for that little ditch and burm just off the pavement, I would have just made a fairly easy low side in the grass or maybe even been able to save it. As it was that burm and ditch were like hitting a rut in a dirt road and it trapped me and when I tried to climb back onto the road the front wheel started shaking violently and threw me off the bike.

    What makes me mad is that my bike is gonna beat me home!

    Leave a comment:


  • ELDR
    replied
    Heather and I home Wednesday at 7:00, took a few side roads but mostly the 77 north.

    Great time, thanks Jeff and Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    next year

    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    I plan to try ang get one or both f my boys to join us next year. I don't plan to miss out and MAY even talk SWMBO into going.

    John
    Good to hear John.
    Hwy 28 from Iron horse to Cashiers was DRY pavement and even more fun than when you last rode it. At least 5 couples attended this year. I saw smiling.

    Even when sponsor host no showed, cancelled, etc. Next year someone shows up to ride and rally happens.

    CU in the Fall

    Leave a comment:


  • IanDMacDonald
    replied
    Beautiful indeed!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    2013 Rally - 2014 Rally

    Yeah, almost a wrap on the 2013 SE Rally as soon as Greg gets home. We plan on Sept 26, 27, 28 next year for the 2014 XS SE Riders Rally so mark that on your calendars. The planning for that will start shortly. It will be a Iron Horse which is hard to beat with the beautiful setting, bunkhouse, tent camping, rooms, lodge, lounge, food, trailer unload dock, campfire, covered parking etc.

    Yeah, the roads here are technical little boogers. On most roads the pavement is smooth but the terrain and elevation changes makes them tricky to say the least. Plus they tend to be narrow too. Guess that is what makes them fun. Not too many places around where you can stitch together a 200 mile ride with mostly curve after curve after curve, all mostly technical bad boys. This is a big tourist area so picking where to be when is the key to keep the ride rolling at speed.

    I didn't take too many pics. I see we got some new photos & album posted on our https://www.facebook.com/XSSoutheast

    Guess Phil wanted to make sure we rode all his "FAVS" from the 2012 Nantahala before heading back to Canada


    Nice Bikes there Earl and Ben


    Rest Stop on the Cherohala Skyway Earl-TC-Bruce-Ben-Ron leading the pack


    Till next time!

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Jeff, stopped for the night in Little Rock. Hope the doc releases him or I may have to bust him out, liquor him up till he feels no pain and drive him to Tulsa before he sobers up.

    I could carefully place him in his yard with the bike and he might wake up and figure it was just a bad dream.

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    The riding was great with the exception of the the ride up to and down from Clingman's dome into Townsend...I never saw so much traffic anywhere else that weekend.. The after lunch ride on sunday more than made up for it...Foothills Pkwy was excellent and the Cherohala was fast and furious...The time of day we hit the Cherohala there was virtually no one else to slow us down just awesome and I'm still grinning from that ride..Graet leading Earl and TC in hot persuit.

    I would like to see some routes back into northern GA for next year...lots of great riding and a little different routes to ride...just a suggestion...we all know to ride our own ride and we all have varying degrees of skill in riding tight and technical roads...however if these roads are unfamiliar to you one should dial back their agressiveness just a tad...its amazing how one can be surprised by a ever decreasing radius turn...just 2 miles before we came upon Greg's scene i too got a little hot and startred to drift over the double yellow but was able to bring it back quickly enough..still I was a little mad at myself...then we came upon Greg and I realized how lucky and minor my little incident was...while also realizing how it could have gone wrong...lots of thoughts as we continued on past Greg.
    Hellbender(28) is tricky in places and has earned its nickname...
    Last edited by madmax-im; 10-02-2013, 10:58 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...