XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    Cool!

    Joe, check your PM box; Brant, it should be Wednesday but 'stuff' happens!


    .
    Just as long as the 'stuff' isn't white, as that'll send ya' down to 40 or worst, I-10......

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Cool!

    Joe, check your PM box; Brant, it should be Wednesday but 'stuff' happens!


    .

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    Greg, I'm glad you're back home even if the beer tastes funny, you had several congregations in several States praying for you. And look how it turned out! Hats off to Jeff and John! Way to go!

    I've had a great time with my dad and tomorrow I'm riding down to Frankfort, KY, to visit some friends before heading out Monday on the '70 West.

    The weather is going to be fun but I've planned a couple of stops, Kansas City and Denver, instead of trying to highball it and should get to Grand Junction by Wednesday.

    I haven't been able to sort out who lives where along the '70 but it's time to at least pretend I'm going back to California before I get stuck in Kentucky for the winter or something. motoman: INCOMING!

    .
    Got ya covered.......any time after Tuesday........take yer time, ride safe!

    Leave a comment:


  • rdmcguy
    replied
    I-70 corridor

    3 phase,
    Read your post today,(Sat)
    And noticed you will be passing by Denver midweek,
    I am just east of Denver (Aurora) 2 miles south of I 70.
    You are welcome to stop by on your way through,
    Motoman met JW Hughes here so he knows who I am.
    Pm me for ph # and address,
    Joe

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Greg, I'm glad you're back home even if the beer tastes funny, you had several congregations in several States praying for you. And look how it turned out! Hats off to Jeff and John! Way to go!

    I've had a great time with my dad and tomorrow I'm riding down to Frankfort, KY, to visit some friends before heading out Monday on the '70 West.

    The weather is going to be fun but I've planned a couple of stops, Kansas City and Denver, instead of trying to highball it and should get to Grand Junction by Wednesday.

    I haven't been able to sort out who lives where along the '70 but it's time to at least pretend I'm going back to California before I get stuck in Kentucky for the winter or something. motoman: INCOMING!

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Haven't been on much, pain pills and the pain kinda make me loose interest.

    Starting to feel better but it still hurts like hell. I've still got the same 30 pack of Busch in my fridge that was there when I left. I tried to drink some a couple times but I guess it's the meds that make it taste real bad.

    That's a sure sign I'm not well.

    Thanks Doug but The bike isn't really hurt. The fairing is broken and will need replaced other than that I need to just bend the engine guards back where they belong, put on some mirrors and bags and adjust the triple tree. I don't think the forks are bent, just knocked out of wack.

    I'll look it over a little better when I feel up to going out to the garage.

    I really wasn't moving very fast when I finally got off. The fairing was acting as a spring and ping ponged me off the dirt burm on my right and slammed my left side right into the edge of the pavement. That's what caused the rib issue. Other than that I barely got any road rash.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rasputin
    replied
    So this is where ya been hiding Greg. I mostly do not peruse this thread but as the rally was over and the posts kept on coming I decided I should check it out.
    Sorry to hear of your mishap and hope all the best for you and your bike. If I can help with parts (for the bike of course) let me know. Found Rainier for even less money than before. Bet your pain pills would work better with a little additive

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Hey Tod, has anyone told you to.....................ehhhhhh forget it.

    I feel a lot better now I'm at home. Pain is easing up quicker than I thought it would. I'm getting up and moving around as much as I can.

    I Quit taking those narcotic pain pills I got, They really didn't help all that much and I was starting to see things, things that weren't there. Ibuprofen works better and it doesn't make me even more light headed than I am naturally.

    I can't thank everyone enough for everything y'all did to help out.

    Jeff for all his help a patience. Hanging out in Asheville overnight because they changed my release date after he was already there. Then, taking my stuff and bike to meet up with John when they changed it again.

    John and his son Ryan for even making the trip at all. And then, without hesitation turning around and coming all the way to Asheville to pick me up because I had left all my cash and cards in the tank bag I had sent with the
    rest of my stuff.

    When I got home I discovered a Magic Hat award and found out that is was for all that extra stuff I carry around with me in my bags. And, my rally Tshrt that had ben destroyed by the accident and then cut to ribbons by the EMTs was mysteriously reborn in the top of my duffle bag.

    Couldn't have done it without y'all. Your a great bunch and you can certainly count on me anytime. I owe you.

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    Hi Greg,

    ... Sounds like you will be just like new, but it will take some time. .

    We can only hope. He was getting kind of old and wore out before the crash...

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Goo Deal

    Originally posted by BA80
    Don't mistake my stubbornness for toughness.


    Scott rode a long way but it was to attend this rally. John ( JWHughes3) came all the way up from south Texas to help me get home. He didn't even attend the rally.
    Hi Greg,

    Glad to hear you are headed in the right direction. Sounds like you will be just like new, but it will take some time. It is great of all of these guys that are seeing that you and the bike are getting home safely. I can only imagine how grateful you and your family are to them.

    It was not a good feeling pulling up and stopping that day of the mishap. Just makes you shudder at the thought of that happening to anyone of us. Just another one of life's lessons.

    I wish you well.

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • jjz28
    replied
    oh ok, I thougt scott came and got you. Well then, john, that was a heck of a nice thing to do. Hopefully, I'll make it next year.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by jjz28
    greg, you sound like tough ol boy! I would be a whiner. Scott, that is amazing you came that far to help out another, just truly amazing. What is the pic of the bike with duct tape? Why is the tape on there? Wish I could have made it.
    Don't mistake my stubbornness for toughness.


    Scott rode a long way but it was to attend this rally. John ( JWHughes3) came all the way up from south Texas to help me get home. He didn't even attend the rally.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by jjz28
    greg, you sound like tough ol boy! I would be a whiner. Scott, that is amazing you came that far to help out another, just truly amazing. What is the pic of the bike with duct tape? Why is the tape on there? Wish I could have made it.
    - Whiner, yes that's me too. I don't handle pain well. In the hospital in Asheville Greg was just sitting in his chair (and in big pain) but was just toughin' it out.
    - Not sure on the tape job. Just seeing if switching from black to silver would look ok I guess. Don't think there was damage.
    - That was John from Texas that drove with his son & his trailer out to meet me. Scott from Calif was there but he was riding his XS11.
    - Hope you are getting along ok after your mom passed away. That was sad news!
    - Try again for next year. September 26-27-28-29 or any combination of these dates to suit your schedule. We overall had fun, about 40+ people and some 20 or 21 XS11's

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • jjz28
    replied
    greg, you sound like tough ol boy! I would be a whiner. Scott, that is amazing you came that far to help out another, just truly amazing. What is the pic of the bike with duct tape? Why is the tape on there? Wish I could have made it.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Hi Greg,
    When I broke my ribs I spent 3 weeks sleeping in a recliner. Doc said it would take 4 to 6 weeks to heal....it took 7 so take it easy while you heal.
    A tale from the tail end. I was pretty far back in the pack when we came upon your " incident". By then you were being attended to so along with the others weI continued on to Lunch. While sitting at the restaurant I observed an ambulance come into the parking lot and park. The two attendants started a slow walk across the lot obviously headed for their lunch. About halfway across the lot they simultaneously rotated and jogged back to the ambulance and headed out with siren blaring to come to your aid. ( though I did not know it at the time) a short time later the Helicopter arrived.

    Get Well soon
    Phil

    Leave a comment:

Working...