XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    Here at the IH a day early using their computer (with the unreadable keyboard). All of you headed this way be careful.

    MP
    Ha ha ha..yeah, that poor thing has been abused.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    So, when we get there around noon there won't be any beer? I guess we better stop and get some on the way in.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    I'm still home. My Mrs will be there to greet you in the afternoon. Some of you ordered a beer run and she has that, too! I hope to see y'all at supper time. I'll be riding a black XS1100. Can't miss it!

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    trbig and I just settled into a hotel room for the night in Nashville. Waiting for Bigfoot and Bohn to show up.

    BTW, Nashville traffic SUCKS!!!!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • ELDR
    replied
    We will make Memphis tonight, maybe Iron Horse Friday before dark

    Ted and Heather

    Leave a comment:


  • wingnut
    replied
    Loaded and ready

    Guys, we loaded the trailer with a XJ 1100, XS 1100 and a XJ750' tools parts and beer today. We plan to depart Havelock NC some time after mid night so we should be there early in the morning. I've been wanting to attend this event for years and can't wait to meet you all in person. See ya tomorrow .

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Sitting at the IH as we post

    Here at the IH a day early using their computer (with the unreadable keyboard). All of you headed this way be careful.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • Old Red
    replied
    I think Tenn 840 is open now!! You can by-pass Nashville..

    The Other Earl

    Leave a comment:


  • Brent
    replied
    Nashville food

    Originally posted by Bigfoot
    Heading out in about 20 min. Meeting Bohn just east of KC. Have about 600 miles today to Nashville. Have a safe trip everyone.
    Thanks Harry. All Y'all have a good trip coming in. Recommendations;
    Rush hour traffic in Nashville is surprisingly heavy for a town of it's size. Avoid it, or be extra careful & allow more time. (Chattanoga- never a problem for me.)

    Eat, but do not plan to stay at the
    Loveless motel & Cafe. No rooms. (Motel building is a significant land mark on historical register. Sign says "motel, air conditioned rooms", but no rooms, big gift shop.)
    Food is excellent. Southern home cooking, full service resturaunt. Just out of Nashville west, at the end of the Natchez Trace. Worth a stop.

    Look forward to seeing y'all at IH. I will bringing BIG tent.

    Leave a comment:


  • earl G
    replied
    alright all loaded and a the road again. see if i can make bistol tennessee.

    have a nice ride everybody.

    earl g

    Leave a comment:


  • earl G
    replied
    chris try to be there say around 10 or 11

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by ELDR
    Hey 3Phase, we saw you, you passed us as we were exiting for gas, just 15 miles after Albuquerque. I wondered if the XS11 you were on was headed to NC. Looked like you had a green duffle bag on the back.

    We just checked into a Super 8 at Clinton, OK. Heather and are enjoying the trip, so may not press for Friday arrival. Getting there is allot of the fun.

    We are on a Silver / Grey Venture pulling a small trailer.

    Ted
    I was wondering if that was you!
    A littIe later I waved from the side of the highway as you rode by me and the two ladies, Anna and Marla, in their little red Ford. When the tread came off their tire it killed the engine. I checked under the car and the fuel lines took a beating but weren't leaking and the electrical connectors got smacked.

    I probably have enough tools with me to rebuild an XS11 on the side of the road (at night ) but calling a towtruck and their husbands
    seemed like a much better plan until the towtruck driver got sent to the wrong location and didn't show up for a long time. A really long time... so we introduced ourselves and talked until the towtruck driver got himself un-lost. We had a good time considering the circumstances and I couldn't say it was wasted even though it put me behind schedule. I gave up after midnight and got a room in Groom, TX. Night riding at 75 MPH and burning fuel with no sleep is just a bad idea.

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • yamahansolo
    replied
    Earl what time we meeting? I'm coming from Sc this year. I should get there early Friday.
    Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • earl G
    replied
    trying to get going here. late nite had to install new shocks. short test ride. recheck everything then load up and move it out.

    Leave a comment:


  • mastan
    replied
    I'm off. Hope to make Slade, KY tonight. See ya'll soon.
    Mark

    Leave a comment:

Working...