XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • trbig
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    I just returned from the 650 Society rally in Townsend, TN. The weather was great all weekend. We rode 441 through the park late Saturday afternoon. For the majority of it, traffic moved and 5 to 15 mph over the speed limit. We didn't have such good luck on the River Road. We had a 20 mph SUV for miles and miles. Horns blowing, lights flashing, the car behind her weaving back and forth, she wouldn't move. It only takes one. We followed two Hogley Fergusons through Deals Gap in the morning. They wouldn't move either. Other than that, it was a great run, and a great weekend.

    Just two more weeks!

    Yeah, I ran into that over in Arkansas a couple times. Harleys with a looooong line of people behind them and won't move over. I just don't get it. Then they tend to flip me off when I pass them like it's ME that's messing with THEM? I just don't understand the mentality.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    I just returned from the 650 Society rally in Townsend, TN. The weather was great all weekend. We rode 441 through the park late Saturday afternoon. For the majority of it, traffic moved and 5 to 15 mph over the speed limit. We didn't have such good luck on the River Road. We had a 20 mph SUV for miles and miles. Horns blowing, lights flashing, the car behind her weaving back and forth, she wouldn't move. It only takes one. We followed two Hogley Fergusons through Deals Gap in the morning. They wouldn't move either. Other than that, it was a great run, and a great weekend.

    Just two more weeks!
    Sounds like alot of fun...weather has finally turned...the past 2 days have been perfect and the rest of Sept is supposed to be dryer than its been all spring and summer...so while I'm not gonna say anything more than that we can still pray for good weather for evryone

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    I just returned from the 650 Society rally in Townsend, TN. The weather was great all weekend. We rode 441 through the park late Saturday afternoon. For the majority of it, traffic moved and 5 to 15 mph over the speed limit. We didn't have such good luck on the River Road. We had a 20 mph SUV for miles and miles. Horns blowing, lights flashing, the car behind her weaving back and forth, she wouldn't move. It only takes one. We followed two Hogley Fergusons through Deals Gap in the morning. They wouldn't move either. Other than that, it was a great run, and a great weekend.

    Just two more weeks!

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Glad to see you're coming Bruce...ordered my Shinko 712 rear tar...should be here and on the bike by this weekend...

    Leave a comment:


  • gerkenbruce
    replied
    getting ready

    HI to All

    I have a Newer 2002 bandit Blue . It seems the 1997 needs motor rebuild. Looking forward to seeing ya all

    Xsively

    Bruce

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    LMAOoooo..that was a superbowl commercial as i recall...

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha............

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    I hope y'all have a plan for cat herding.....

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    YAY! This will surely be THE event for XS11.com in 2013.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    I am IN Time off from work APPROVED
    Must attend to some maintenance items on Addie and hope bthe new exhaust does not require major carb work.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Ride

    Originally posted by madmax-im
    **** happens...BTW we're all old...some more than others...
    But just to shake things up..I've decided that I'll ride the bike rather than trailer it...
    Good for you.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    But just to shake things up..I've decided that I'll ride the bike rather than trailer it...
    What?!...Are you scared Brent is going to give you the Hauley award? You'll probably be able to use it in the shower, or to clean your bike!

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by yamahansolo
    Damn! Bne is 61! Geez your old
    **** happens...BTW we're all old...some more than others...
    But just to shake things up..I've decided that I'll ride the bike rather than trailer it...

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyA
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    BC has everything. There is an ABC store for the good stuff and several stores with beer and wine. Ingles is probably the best store for that.

    There are 3 BC exits. From the IH go out to Hwy 74. Turn left (east). First exit is 64, third exit is Exit 67 and that is where the ABC store is. Ingles is just around the corner - not far.

    MP
    We just stayed at the new Sleep Inn two weeks ago and the liquor store is just down the hill from that. If you are doing a quick fly-by, take Exit 67 off Rt. 74, go about 1/2 mile down the hill on the left.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Last year, the Iron Horse offered a meal on Sunday night, due to the demand. As I recall, it was fried chicken or something along those lines. I'm sure some of our group took advantage of that. Others of us picked up a picnic at the supermarket. As Mike pointed out, 30 minutes to Bryson City offers several options. Keep in mind, you might be tired by Sunday night.

    Leave a comment:

Working...