XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    Colorado and how pretty it was and I started thinking about Colorado again.... John
    I'm ALWAYS thinking of Colorado. Its been a couple years since I've had the bike there and am ready for more.
    (was there last year for a tour in the car with the mrs. but car ain't a bike!!)

    I avoid taking the "Brent Blast" on I-40 and find US412 or US160 over a couple days a more fun way to get to CO. So, I'm certainly interested in a 14' Rally too! Since Scott rode all the way from Simi Valley to join us in NC; I got no excuse not to try and make a rally in CO.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • rdmcguy
    replied
    Durango

    You can count me in.
    I just have to decide which bike to bring.
    Keep me informed..
    Joe

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Yeah, I might have to accompany JW on a trip up there if things work out. All I've been doing is headed north and east, I could stand a little west in the mix.

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    Motoman got his Venturer fixed up? Now there is no excuse not to have another Durango Rally! Had someone comment on my Durango Rally short yesterday about being from Colorado and how pretty it was and I started thinking about Colorado again....

    John
    Not a problem John!.......can be arranged on short notice. Besides, two or more qualifies a rally , right? Lots of good ridin' from my place to there left and not repeat the same area twice as you well know. BTW, Scott just left here @ 11am for a relaxed ride to Beaverton, Utah on his way back home the 850mi. left on his journey that should hit the 5500mi. range.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Motoman got his Venturer fixed up? Now there is no excuse not to have another Durango Rally! Had someone comment on my Durango Rally short yesterday about being from Colorado and how pretty it was and I started thinking about Colorado again....

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    On The Road Again...

    Nice shots from the room, Greg! Only one nurse?

    I'll be on the road again tomorrow. I've had fun visiting with motoman and his wife; fixing the new problems on his Venturer-er-er-er that cropped up so I could troubleshoot the original problem it had (yes -- had, past tense) and other stuff but it's time to head home. One night in a motel in Beaver, UT, and then home!


    Adam... really? WTH, man?


    .

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Just because I wrecked didn't mean you needed to also Adam.

    I missed the show when you had your wreck but I think I got a little taste of seeing you on the moonshine that first evening I was there. I can't drink anything stronger than beer or I'm even harder to be around than normal and I've been known to do some real stupid stuff when whiskey drunk. So, I don't drink it.

    Glad to hear your OK man. Good thing your young, you see what crashing does to us "Old and worn out" guys.

    I did get a couple of pics from my hospital room. It was a nice view. The nurses were nice and very attentive. I only pissed off one but she got over it.



    Leave a comment:


  • thecamelman79
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    So, there were 3 wrecks?

    Guys,
    I'm really sorry about all the commotion I cause that night, but long of the short of it was , naked boy got stuck in 2nd gear... and my left hand would let go of the clutch going own about a 7 degree grade with a left hand hair pin turn... so instead of going down the hair pin I decided to take a gravel driveway that got way to steep way to quick.....i got a concussion , a dislocated shoulder, and a busted knee all on my right hand side for my trouble and took a two hour nap if my check on my watch was right...i was actually on lower "something " creek road about two mile from the IH loge when it happened.....when I came too... I honked the horn on the bike till a neighbor came an helped me up.... I set my shoulder against a tree.... he helpe me duct tape the peices, back on to my bike, and I road off to find a place to lick my wounds....

    than I back at the lodge, I decided to drink moonshine to i felt better " bad Idea" got a little too loud an spent the night in the drunk tank, that tried to limp the bike back home till I burnt out the clutch and my Saltdog AKA "DAD" drove up and rescued me and took me to the ER where I spent the next 6 days in rehab, for injuries, dehydration, and other things,,,,,long on the short of it,,,,I learned two things,,,,,dont ride twistys alone if you can avoid it,,, 2nd Moon shine is not medicine,.....

    Greg , Glad you had a room with a view and the girl were prettier than us

    -Camel

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Dang Scott, you are on an Iron Butt Marathon aren't you?

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    Don't crash Scott!

    John
    He did.........at Joe's place............he'll be here in Junction tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Don't crash Scott!

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Up at 6:00 AM, ready to ride!

    Watched people slide on out of the motel and decided to wait for the sun to melt the sparkly stuff before hitting the road again for Denver.

    I took pictures but I haven't figured out how to get the links from Flickr with my phone instead of one page that (eventually) shows every picture I've ever uploaded to Flickr.


    Back to watching the local weather channel for a while....

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    3-Phase travels update

    So Scott would'nt have to do the tap talk thing on his phone, he is holed up tonite in Colby, Kansas. He's runnin' I-70 to Denver with a likely quick stop at Joe's, then on over the 'hill' to GrnadJunction. Should be here tomorrow, or at latest Thurs. Looks like he has a short weather 'window' to get here tomorrow afternoon sometime. Worst case scenario would be if he has to run I-25 south to I-40, but looks like the weather is gonna hold off a day before that other front blows through and hits Denver. After getting to Junction, from there on all he would have is some rain and no more big 'hill' to jump over. Bike runnin' great, even tho mileage has dropped substantually comin' across Kansas.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by DGXSER
    Well Scott, you have made a stay out of it! And I did not think there was that much to do other than hang out at the mall down there.
    Actually, we skipped the mall and went to Wally World. I got... socks, underwear, and beef jerky.

    Then I spent the last five days restoring his crashed laptop and multiple PCs with assorted versions of Windows on
    antique hardware in a modern cable TV network. It was fun for me and a learning experience for Dad.
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • DGXSER
    replied
    Well Scott, you have made a stay out of it! And I did not think there was that much to do other than hang out at the mall down there.

    Leave a comment:

Working...