XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    Its almost Show Time. People already on their way riding toward Stecoah NC. It should be a FUN time with Good Rides and Good Food with lots-o'-time for the usual discussions & fellowship.

    Here are our FOOD CHOICES from I-H. If you have Registered for a Room or Bunk or Tent Space at I-H then you should have just received this info in an email from Iron Horse. They say: Please email this form back to info@ironhorsenc.com.

    So, don't call if you can avoid it. There front desk is usually only staffed a few hours a day during check-in & checkout. Remember, if you arrive before 3:45pm on Friday you can just make your selection then. However, for those that have email, the I-H staff would appreciate us replying with our selections on Wed-Thur if we can. They work real hard to accommodate us and they work hard to make sure All Guests have a fun time and a great experience.

    Our restaurant is not open to the public. We only serve our guests.
    Breakfast is served every day. We will ask you to sign up the night before, so we know how much food to prepare. Forms are available at check-in.

    Friday 9/27
    $9.50 Spaghetti & Meatballs , salad bar & garlic bread
    $10.95 Chicken Parmesean,spaghetti,salad bar & garlic bread
    $6.95 Salad Bar only w/ garlic bread
    $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee


    Saturday 9/28
    $15.95 8oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar & Baked Potato
    $18.95 12oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar, & Baked Potato
    $12.95 Salmon, Salad Bar & Baked Potato
    $7.95 Salad Bar & Baked Potato Potato Choice:
    $6.95 Salad Bar Only Regular
    $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee Sweet

    Sunday 9/29
    $8.95 1 Fried Chicken Breast w/dinner roll and choice of 2 sides
    $9.95 Pecan encrusted Trout w/ dinner roll and choice of 2 sides
    Choose (2) Sides
    Green beans
    Potato Casserole
    broc/cheese/rice casserole
    Coleslaw
    $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee

    Safe Travels Inbound to I-H

    See y'all soon, Jeff
    Jeff...what about breakfasts?

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Iron Horse FRI-SAT-SUN Menu Choices

    Its almost Show Time. People already on their way riding toward Stecoah NC. It should be a FUN time with Good Rides and Good Food with lots-o'-time for the usual discussions & fellowship.

    Here are our FOOD CHOICES from I-H. If you have Registered for a Room or Bunk or Tent Space at I-H then you should have just received this info in an email from Iron Horse. They say: Please email this form back to info@ironhorsenc.com.

    So, don't call if you can avoid it. There front desk is usually only staffed a few hours a day during check-in & checkout. Remember, if you arrive before 3:45pm on Friday you can just make your selection then. However, for those that have email, the I-H staff would appreciate us replying with our selections on Wed-Thur if we can. They work real hard to accommodate us and they work hard to make sure All Guests have a fun time and a great experience.

    Our restaurant is not open to the public. We only serve our guests.
    Breakfast is served every day. We will ask you to sign up the night before, so we know how much food to prepare. Forms are available at check-in.

    Friday 9/27
    $9.50 Spaghetti & Meatballs , salad bar & garlic bread
    $10.95 Chicken Parmesean,spaghetti,salad bar & garlic bread
    $6.95 Salad Bar only w/ garlic bread
    $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee


    Saturday 9/28
    $15.95 8oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar & Baked Potato
    $18.95 12oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar, & Baked Potato
    $12.95 Salmon, Salad Bar & Baked Potato
    $7.95 Salad Bar & Baked Potato Potato Choice:
    $6.95 Salad Bar Only Regular
    $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee Sweet

    Sunday 9/29
    $8.95 1 Fried Chicken Breast w/dinner roll and choice of 2 sides
    $9.95 Pecan encrusted Trout w/ dinner roll and choice of 2 sides
    Choose (2) Sides
    Green beans
    Potato Casserole
    broc/cheese/rice casserole
    Coleslaw
    $1.99 Ice Tea or coffee

    Safe Travels Inbound to I-H

    See y'all soon, Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 09-23-2013, 07:48 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Thanks, folks, and thank you for reminding me that I'll have to turn on e-mail and the other fluffy-functions on my mobile phone plan before I leave or the data charges with AT&T will rival the debt with China by the time I get back.

    I'm almost done here and I should be on the road before 'noon... if nothing stupid happens.... I was totally bummed out that I wasn't able to ride with John and his sons when they went up to Canada after the Calirally so I'm trying to squeeze in a long-distance trip before our annual eight feet of snow shuts down California for the winter and I can't ride.

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by newc4
    Just got back from the FJR ride this past weekend down in Maggie Valley NC, near the XSsouth site. Almost kissed a guardrail on GA-28. (I think we rode that Sun last year.) So be careful down there.
    AKA Hellbender...

    Leave a comment:


  • newc4
    replied
    Just got back from the FJR ride this past weekend down in Maggie Valley NC, near the XSsouth site. Almost kissed a guardrail on GA-28. (I think we rode that Sun last year.) So be careful down there.

    Leave a comment:


  • tjohnson
    replied
    Sounds like a great trip!! Keep the shiny side up and have fun! See you this weekend
    Terry & Mary

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    ride out to the XS Southeast Rally in North Carolina,

    I can't remember who I'm supposed to call or e-mail about the dinner/food/???, was it the Iron Horse or the Little River BBQ? Sleep's covered, but eating would be kind'a nice too.

    .
    The "CUTOFF TIME" for the Friday night Dinner menu selection at Iron Horse is 3:45pm on Friday. So, for those that arrive at I-H before 3:45pm Friday you can just review the menu and make your choice. As long as it is by 3:45pm. (The I-H kitchen is small so it does help them a lot if they can get most of our menu selections in early so they can do there final grocery shopping if needed)

    However, since you are "Registered" for the bunkhouse I-H will email you the weekend menu choices. Signups for Breakfast choices for Sat AM can be made Friday evening. Sun AM Breakfast choice made Saturday evening. I already have the lunch locations setup (Sat-Cashiers NC & Sun-Townsend TN) and everyone can just order what they want off the regular menu.

    Have a great ride cross the USA. See you on Friday!!!

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    Man, I hope the weather holds! I got eveything buttoned up and decided to ride out to the XS Southeast Rally in North Carolina, then visit family in Kentucky on the way back to California so I'm leaving tomorrow and hoping Columbo will behave for another 5,000 miles.


    I made a reservation at the Iron Horse for a bunk on Friday and Saturday but I can't remember who I'm supposed to call or e-mail about the dinner/food/???, was it the Iron Horse or the Little River BBQ? Sleep's covered, but eating would be kind'a nice too.

    .
    Damn Scott! That's going to be an epic journey.

    It'll be good to meet you, see ya there.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    You may be on the road when the Iron Horse puts out the menu via email. Call them on Wed or Thur. 828-479-3864

    That's going to be quite a ride!

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Should be leaving Monday

    Man, I hope the weather holds! I got eveything buttoned up and decided to ride out to the XS Southeast Rally in North Carolina, then visit family in Kentucky on the way back to California so I'm leaving tomorrow and hoping Columbo will behave for another 5,000 miles.


    I made a reservation at the Iron Horse for a bunk on Friday and Saturday but I can't remember who I'm supposed to call or e-mail about the dinner/food/???, was it the Iron Horse or the Little River BBQ? Sleep's covered, but eating would be kind'a nice too.

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Actually the weather is looking pretty clear all over for the next few days according to The Weather Channel. It's a little chilly in the higher elevations of western Montana though. I just now had a call from an old buddy who is riding his Goldwing from San Diego to Great Falls, Mt and he said coming through the mountains he hit some pretty cold air.

    He is spending a few days in Missoula before moving on.

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Originally posted by ELDR
    Thanks to all searching for the part. Will check the site often and if anyone has success my email is eldr@rogers.

    Life is the trip, so no disappointment on a breakdown, but happy it was near a town. There is enough wilderness here that my 330km tank was just making the distance between gas stations, not a lot of cell service either. (10L of gas in the trailer as back up)

    Traded the U-Haul truck in for a little red Ford Fiesta, gets better gas mileage than the truck. Heather and I will do the Yellowstone tour by car today, won't be the same as on the bike, but a least we won't feel cheated if we detour around Yellowstone to get to Iron Horse.
    Hope the breakdown doesn't interfere with too much of the 'adventure'. Your onward ride southeast looks like it will entail dressing in layers occassionally and adding rain-gear. Ride safe!

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Yeah, the speed limit in the park is 35 MPH. You'll want to go around it on the way to NC.

    Don't forget to go visit Jackson Hole, Wyoming while your there. Old town is pretty cool.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELDR
    replied
    Thanks to all searching for the part. Will check the site often and if anyone has success my email is eldr@rogers.

    Life is the trip, so no disappointment on a breakdown, but happy it was near a town. There is enough wilderness here that my 330km tank was just making the distance between gas stations, not a lot of cell service either. (10L of gas in the trailer as back up)

    Traded the U-Haul truck in for a little red Ford Fiesta, gets better gas mileage than the truck. Heather and I will do the Yellowstone tour by car today, won't be the same as on the bike, but a least we won't feel cheated if we detour around Yellowstone to get to Iron Horse.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    OR Greg's son could roll around to his front door

    4012 Cambridge Dr
    Billings, Montana, 59101
    P: 4066718081
    protechperformance@bresnan.net


    Ted others with the same problem have indicated a need for a "Blind hole bearing puller" which may apply to your model too ? Or did the dremel fix that
    Phil

    Leave a comment:

Working...