XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by GLoweVA
    I even got a drain hole in my left saddlebag ready for ice and some cold ones!
    That will be good because you have to go to the next county for adult beverages.

    With space getting short, here are some options.

    www.tuskeegeemotel.com 6 miles from Iron Horse


    kickstandlodge.com 2 miles from Iron Horse


    Microtel Inn & Suites Robbinsville 8.4 miles from Iron Horse


    twowheelinn.com 8.8 miles from Iron Horse


    There are a few other options within 15 miles, but keep in mind we will be getting into leaf looker season.

    Leave a comment:


  • GLoweVA
    replied
    46 DAYS to go!
    I can't explain it, I was a little excited to go to XSEast (my first rally), but for this one I'm getting almost giddy!
    Maybe it's the prep, or the prospect of my first real 'road trip' on the bike (~500miles).
    Every day I either look at last years pics, or google maps(street view) or the dragon's website, or something related, like gas stops for my trek there.

    Damn, there's so much anticipation that I hope it doesn't fall flat on the expectation, but I doubt that'll happen.
    I even got a drain hole in my left saddlebag ready for ice and some cold ones!

    Leave a comment:


  • jjz28
    replied
    Thanks George, that's good to know. If I were by myself, I would have went that route too. The cabin or room we are looking into is $94.50 per night. That's not bad, I guess. We are going to myrtle beach the end of this month for a week and I haven't been working. I am drawing a low earnings of $424 a week so that's about 1/3 if what I usually make so money will probably be tight but I'll make it work. I cant wait to meet you guys and put a face with the names. If the wife wasn't coming, I would just ride down but she don't want to ride that far.

    Leave a comment:


  • GLoweVA
    replied
    If by chance they don't have room, (or it's too $$$) one of the other members is staying at the Tuskeegee motel about 2 miles away.
    Just an option.

    I've got a bunk in the bunkhouse seeing how it's just me and no SWMBO.

    Leave a comment:


  • jjz28
    replied
    Thanks George, I need to go ahead and reserve my room before it is gone. They didn't have a lot left.

    Leave a comment:


  • GLoweVA
    replied
    Originally posted by jjz28
    I called about reservations and I think my wife and I may stay in a private room that has its own bathroom (for her, it don't matter to me). Do I need to call them and make reserveations for the meals? I have never did this before so I have no idea what I am doing.
    Jeff, If I remember correctly, what she told me on the phone when I made my reservation is that about a week before they'll email me about what meals I'll be there for. I think they only plan meals out a week in advance and then go do the shopping.

    Leave a comment:


  • jjz28
    replied
    I called about reservations and I think my wife and I may stay in a private room that has its own bathroom (for her, it don't matter to me). Do I need to call them and make reserveations for the meals? I have never did this before so I have no idea what I am doing.

    Leave a comment:


  • mspivey1566
    replied
    Thanks Marty, if it looks like it'll be together soon enough I will make those reservations. Gotta see how this week goes.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    I hope y'all make it. Be sure to make a reservation at the lodge. You'll be making menu choices before you leave Savannah.

    Leave a comment:


  • mspivey1566
    replied
    Just posted on another thread as well, I am hoping to have my first bike (which was bought as a basket case) ready for the run. I will be camping if I can make it. Ill be on my XS my buddy may ride up even though he doesn't have an XS. He's got a Shadow 1100

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by GLoweVA
    Marty (or Jeff) any idea on how many are going to be there?
    15 or 30 or 45?
    Just curious, this being my 2nd rally ever and '13 XSEast wasn't that big, but it sure was fun.
    I am expecting about the same count as last year which was 40 for Saturday Ride / Lunch and 25 for Sunday Ride / Lunch. Those are the numbers I am using to make the lunch reservations for Saturday in Cashiers (40 to 45) and Sunday (20 to 25). Of course numbers could vary a bit and we might Add or Drop a few depending on weather and other factors.

    Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 08-09-2013, 08:31 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • GLoweVA
    replied
    How many are coming?

    Marty (or Jeff) any idea on how many are going to be there?
    15 or 30 or 45?
    Just curious, this being my 2nd rally ever and '13 XSEast wasn't that big, but it sure was fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Tree

    Unfortunately a candidate for the Tree of Shame.

    MP

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    I read abt that runoff the rider was on a Honda ST1100...no it was not me...I recognize the exhaust ...and hard bags

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by jjz28
    I think I saw this wreck on you tube. Did this bike pass a car and run over the hill. I have seen quite a few wrecks on the dragon on you tube.
    No. I believe the pictured wreck was in 2005. It was on SC 28. The rider was riding over his head. He was not one of our group, but we were first on the scene. The rider left in an ambulance and the bike was heavily damaged. A scene like that will get your attention.

    Leave a comment:

Working...