XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    Bne,
    You crossed that busy road I am in there somewhere and know the people in this picture.

    Phil
    Yes it was a busy road...I did look before leaping...and you should know those folks...you rode with them... I'm really surprised that I cannot find last year's thread on this rally...it seems to have been wiped off the site???
    Last edited by madmax-im; 08-06-2013, 05:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • DGXSER
    replied
    Originally posted by GLoweVA
    That will work great if there's enough slack in the fuel lines, otherwise you're diconnecting the lines to spin the tank then reconnecting the lines again. May not be too much trouble if you don't have clamps on your petcock nipples.

    Wow, did I just type 'clamps on your petcock nipples' ?!?!?
    Ummm, yes, it does involve removing the fuel lines and re-attaching them...twice in fact. IMO, that is time saved over trying to adjust screws you can barely see while reaching under a fuel tank.

    And yes...yes you did say that. Just don't go breaking out your nipple clamps in public George.

    Leave a comment:


  • bikerphil
    replied
    Phil, you are standing right next to me in back of Earl's bike, can just see your white hair. I'll see you up there Phil, I'll be riding up with Don.
    Last edited by bikerphil; 08-05-2013, 08:10 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    the place with all the license plates on the wall...cant wait to get back there...
    Bne,
    You crossed that busy road I am in there somewhere and know the people in this picture.

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    the place with all the license plates on the wall...cant wait to get back there...

    Leave a comment:


  • trbig
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    We just ate the barbecue at Carolina Smokehouse. It's even better than last time!


    Originally posted by trbig
    It's much like a grown man sticking out his tongue at you and saying, "Nanny nanny boo boo!"

    Lol...

    Leave a comment:


  • GLoweVA
    replied
    Originally posted by DGXSER
    For the gas tank when synching the carbs, spin it around backwards, the seat is already off. I use a piece of 2X4 about 2' long (wider than the tank) set across the frame, but it is not necessary. Sit the tank on the 2X4 or frame with the petcocks roughly same position as sitting forward, just reversed. Fuel lines reach the petcocks, You can reach the synch screws.
    That will work great if there's enough slack in the fuel lines, otherwise you're diconnecting the lines to spin the tank then reconnecting the lines again. May not be too much trouble if you don't have clamps on your petcock nipples.

    Wow, did I just type 'clamps on your petcock nipples' ?!?!?

    Leave a comment:


  • DGXSER
    replied
    For the gas tank when synching the carbs, spin it around backwards, the seat is already off. I use a piece of 2X4 about 2' long (wider than the tank) set across the frame, but it is not necessary. Sit the tank on the 2X4 or frame with the petcocks roughly same position as sitting forward, just reversed. Fuel lines reach the petcocks, You can reach the synch screws.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    I'm in Cashiers, NC with Jeff tweaking the ride routes. We just ate the barbecue at Carolina Smokehouse. It's even better than last time!

    Leave a comment:


  • jjz28
    replied
    sounds good George.

    Leave a comment:


  • GLoweVA
    replied
    Originally posted by jjz28
    That would be cool George. Do I need to bring a small tank for gas or could I just hold the tank up? I have a little tiller tank I could fit a T on. My tank comes off really easy so whatever you think. I know nothing about synching. Hopefully after this, I will be able to do it myself. Thanks again.

    If your fuel lines are not too short, we should be able to do it with your tank. Basically, we lift the tank up a bit and slide it back about 3-4" and support it up a bit with whatever fits good under the tank so we can get to the sync screws between the carbs with a long flathead.

    Leave a comment:


  • jjz28
    replied
    That would be cool George. Do I need to bring a small tank for gas or could I just hold the tank up? I have a little tiller tank I could fit a T on. My tank comes off really easy so whatever you think. I know nothing about synching. Hopefully after this, I will be able to do it myself. Thanks again.

    Leave a comment:


  • GLoweVA
    replied
    Originally posted by jjz28
    OK, I was going to go to the xseast but got hurt and could not attend. George was going to bring his synch tool to synch my bike. Is anyone going to have one with them at this rally? If so, I could pay someone to do a synch for me. If not, that's cool too, just thought I would see. Thanks.
    Hey Jeff, I am also riding, but I might have a plan. TC is driving, but leaving a week early, I may put my sync rig in his truck/SUV and then when he gets there, we can use it.

    Leave a comment:


  • bikerphil
    replied
    Phil, I'm glad you don't have those carbs on your bike anymore, what a nightmare they were.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    [QUOTE=jetmechmarty;417888]Since it was raining (not a little bit, but RAINING) MaximPhil, got a BikerPhil carburetor overhaul. (sort of)




    The FUN quote to this picture would be. Hold my beer and watch this
    But the truth is it was my beer and I was observing a Guru at work.

    Phil

    Leave a comment:

Working...