No announcement yet.

2020 Colorado Rally, July 9th-13th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope everyone has had a good 4th of July weekend.

Wanted to remind guys camping to please bring your own toiletries such as towels, soap, shampoo, washcloths, etc for showering.

And I chuckle when I say this, for the guys camping, also each bring a roll of toilet paper. That will keep us from depleting what is at the cabin.

Seriously, if we need to pick some up we potentially might not find it because of the current situation and people worried about restrictions tightening up again. ...And no one wants to be the next guy in the shower after the one before him washed off his backside...

This year's rally is going to be the highest attended if not real close to the highest we've had in my six years of doing this. We're going to have a good time fellows!
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Ha ha ha ha.....….I'll bring some of my tiny TP rolls I got stuck with during the big TP rush of 2020. They are damn cute.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Decided to play a round of convective activity dodgem today.
        Made it to Fayetteville TN before the lightening & winds /hail boxed me in.
        Only rode about 5+ miles in heavy rain but being on wing, gear & I stayed dry. Didn't even bother with putting on any rain gear. Sure was some impressive group of t-storms.

Plan to get going at 5am before it starts going flash / bang again. Heading for Missouri.

May post a Ride Report if I see anything interesting. Good ride today. Cloudland GA, Mentone AL then had to adjust and head west towards Huntsville then north to avoid a bad cluster of black clouds.

Jeff
        Last edited by JeffH; 07-05-2020, 07:17 PM.
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Thanks for the report! Glad to hear the first day is under your belt.

If Greg runs out of his cute little toilet paper rolls he may have to get one from you at the hotel...
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Inn says bring your own. The westcliffe grocery must be wiped out.
            Hate to ruin a good mask.

Just time for a very short partial day. Left home at 1.

J
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Okay, that's hilarious about the toilet paper. We need to start a smear campaign because they are wiped out...

Guys take heed, bring your toilet paper!!!
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• "And away we go "

Hello all, With Jeff H on his way it looks like things are underway !
                Thanks for the updates and reports from on the road Jeff, Stay safe, dry and try not to broil out there on the road..Anyone travelling from afar, safe journeys and look forward to seeing you again, If you forgot anything you need for camping, let me know and I can bring what you need,see you in a few days.
                78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• "And away we go".

You got that right, Joe!

The first throttle has been twisted.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• You all have a SAFE ride to, from and during rally! Stay hydrated as it is definitely hotter than normally expected this time of year.
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Still Rolling ..............

Up at 05:00 as planned. Started riding at 6 AM to beat the nasty weather. Had to "re-route" before leaving the motel as it was already storming NW along my planned route so I just headed west. Air was all juiced up with 99% humidity and 75 degree overnight temps. Awesome ride. Stayed dry. This show be the rally ride. Awesome roads and scenery. Anyway, did about 430 miles today. It didn't get much past 95 degrees today with about 100 heat index, especially in the Rice Paddies. Lots of those big milky grey nasty clouds building up behind me. Today took me TN, MO, into NE Ark then back into MO on a whole bunch of different roads zig-zag both sides of the Mississippi River. In West Plains Missouri now. Plan to get up at 5am again tomorrow and scoot across MO and into KS. Took some pics so will try and post a Ride Report.

Safe Travels to everyone headed to Westcliffe

Jeff
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                        Hi Howard,
                        Having decided not to attend this year, after actually planning to, leaves me feeling like the kid with his nose pressed to the window of the toy store. I hope you all have a wonderful safe rally. Looking forward to reading about the adventures of those who do attend and no doubt JeffH will post some more excellent pictures.

The border is officially closed until 21 July and some how I don't think it will open then either.

Phil

PHIL,
                        This should be familiar. US 62, since it starts in Niagara Falls. Goes to El Paso Texas so a 3,618KM ride. Sat at the "Meet Point" for 2 hours (in the sweltering sun) and you didn't show. So I just followed the West arrow ............

Jeff
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Brutal Day on the Super Slab

A very long ride heading to Colorado from Georgia.
                          just gotta just keep Rolling 'lickety-split' on the Super Slab

Here's my tough day out here on the Super Slab. Maybe why I only made 430 miles today

Let's see what I saw: Sunday an SUV with serious 70 mph blowout. Guy lost control and tore off the side of the SUV on the guard rail. But it was the drivers side so maybe it went backwards or flattened the guard rail and guy fought it back on the pavement. With family onboard. Lucky they didn't roll. Today a logging truck (empty) got his trailer wheels off the road in a curve, and there was NO shoulder just a 4 ft drop off. Poor trailer frame getting skidded thru the curve on the frame and tractor doing the herky-jerky trying to get the trailer tires back on the road.

Jeff
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            Ha ha ha ha.....….I'll bring some of my tiny TP rolls I got stuck with during the big TP rush of 2020. They are damn cute.
                            Not to worry Greg, they had "your brand" here at the grocery in West Plains Missouri

I picked up a pack for you ................

See ya soon,
                            Jeff
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Thanks for the great ride report! I think everybody else looks forward to following you for three days before they head on their way!
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                                You all have a SAFE ride to, from and during rally! Stay hydrated as it is definitely hotter than normally expected this time of year.
                                Thanks Brant! Plenty of trees to take your pick if you go a little strong on the hydration and need a break mid-ride, LOL.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X