No announcement yet.

2020 Colorado Rally, July 9th-13th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be a good rally location. Will create another web page once I get to my Iowa retirement home where my computer gear is now located.

I gave my retirement notice and will be done February 14 with house sale in Colorado somewhere between Feb 20 and 28, date not set for sure yet but will be by the end of the month.

Took the Connie out for the first ride of the season last Saturday, temp got into the mid-40s and was sunny. Good to be out again.

Don't know if I will make this rally or not. SWMBO has a long list of repairs and updates she wants me to take on this summer, but I need to get out to see my mountains to keep my sanity. Hope to combine this trip with a work session on my central Colorado lot. Will know later in the year.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hey guys just checking in! Wanted to post up that it looks like the hotels are going to be hard to come by in Westcliffe moving forward. They have a Bluegrass festival that is competing over the same time. Not many guys have been in hotels the last few years that it would make or break if they camped, but wanted to let you all know.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Just checked hotels. Nearest one is 25 miles and $75 a night.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I sent you a p.m., I understand the pain in the butt factor it can create. It's a really small town and didn't even see this on the radar so I'll take the hit on it.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Never got any PM Howard.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Check again, looks like it went through this time. Sorry I didn't see that it didn't make it yesterday.
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                Hey guys just checking in! Wanted to post up that it looks like the hotels are going to be hard to come by in Westcliffe moving forward. They have a Bluegrass festival that is competing over the same time. Not many guys have been in hotels the last few years that it would make or break if they camped, but wanted to let you all know.
                Hi Howard,
                No problem I am planning to camp anyway......if I make it
                On a recent car trip to California both Greg in Tulsa & Mike in Sun Diego were working on me.....so more likely to happen.

Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hey that's awesome to hear. Wanted to let everybody know there is internet on the property so you won't be isolated if phone coverage isn't as good in the valley.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

I've created a basic web page for the rally. Address is:

http://www.appleattic.net/XS2020/xs2020.html

Let me know if or when I need to make additions or corrections.

Sold the Colorado place on Feb 26, last moving trip to Iowa on Feb 27th. SWMBO had emergency gallbladder surgery on March 8th. (She is now home and doing well.) One of these days I'll get to enjoy retirement....
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Thank you as usual for the awesome work. LOL, with the Covid 19 out there, good thing this is the 2020 version of the Colorado rally. Calling it the Co 19 rally if this was last year might be confusing...

I hope all you guys are staying healthy. Colorado ranks fifth in the country for reported cases. The book ends on the east and west coast have it worst so far and Colorado is a bullseye in the center.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                        I've created a basic web page for the rally. Address is:

http://www.appleattic.net/XS2020/xs2020.html

Let me know if or when I need to make additions or corrections.

Sold the Colorado place on Feb 26, last moving trip to Iowa on Feb 27th. SWMBO had emergency gallbladder surgery on March 8th. (She is now home and doing well.) One of these days I'll get to enjoy retirement....
                        Hi Jerry,
                        Do enjoy your retirement. Wishing you and your wife well in your new home in Iowa. Thanks for the page. I just might make it to Colorado this July if this damn virus has moved on by then.
                        Stay well and Wash your hands

Phil
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                          Thank you as usual for the awesome work. LOL, with the Covid 19 out there, good thing this is the 2020 version of the Colorado rally. Calling it the Co 19 rally if this was last year might be confusing...

I hope all you guys are staying healthy. Colorado ranks fifth in the country for reported cases. The book ends on the east and west coast have it worst so far and Colorado is a bullseye in the center.
                          Hi Howard,
                          Some countries are getting better already. Canada & US however are getting worse. Hopefully this damn virus will have moved on before July.
                          It is difficult to plan when everything is being cancelled left &right.
                          I still hold plenty of hope for a nice ride to the mountains.

Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

China seems to be the only one that's getting better or at least has leveled off, that's what the lying Chinese SOB's are telling us. If they would have been honest with this from the beginning there may have been more hope literally for the rest of the world not contracting this.

I hope there are other countries getting better but I'm not aware of them yet?

All of this is plastered everywhere you look on the news but it just keeps rearing its head more and more.

New York State has declared they will not have enough hospital beds.

The hope is to level out the rate of infection, so it doesn't overwhelm the health system. The same people who are going to get sick will still get sick, just trying to spread it over a longer period of time.

Reality is motorcycle riding is absolutely the safest sport now in the United States with the least risk of infection. Lol. They need to send GoPros out on weekend rides and start televising them. As long as guys can get to the rally and aren't sick, we'll have our social distancing taken care of with chair spaced 6 feet apart on an open air covered deck with a keg 30 feet away. I have a full freezer of elk meat from last season's hunt that we won't have to rely on the store to get us our barbecue goods. We will slice potatoes, season them with a secret mix of spices and cook them over a fire, we call them mountain crackers. Will have hand sanitizer and rubber gloves for operating the tap.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Hi Howard,
                              China is getting over it they have sent health personnel to Italy to help. Predictions are it will be getting better by late May so your optimism is warranted. Difficult to make plans with so much uncertainty.

Wait and see and hope for the best.

Phil
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

For sure it's crazy in the moment, things will work their way out.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X