No announcement yet.

2020 Colorado Rally, July 9th-13th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will miss having you join us, hopefully the next time around!
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
      Will miss having you join us, hopefully the next time around!
      Thanks..a more personable rally is in order...and this one has been on my bucket list for some time...I'll have plenty of time to figure out how to get there..for fun i mapped it out to Westcliffe and its roughly over 1700 miles one way...and i do not camp..LOL
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ugh double posted..just in time to edit...
        Last edited by madmax-im; 05-25-2020, 06:44 PM.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I gather the Roadburner is the ST1100. I had an ST1300 for a year. Super bike for covering long distances but needed to get rid of a payment in the fall one year and had to let it go.

ZRX forks are back together with new bushings, seals and ATF fluid, with a new front tire. Took apart, cleaned and re-greased the speedo drive. Went for a ride, a bit of moderate cornering, kept the overall speed down a bit to feel things out. All is well.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Yes the ST1100..the XS650 is a trailer queen meant for being there.. not gonna ride it that far...evar...
            My biggest day on an ST1100 was 860 miles covered in 16 hours..Casey IL..to my home here in NC...But that was 8 yrs ago..i have slowed down a tad...
            Glad you have the ZRX together and up to speed...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ben, you change your mind about every 15 minutes. i'll probably see you there.

C'mon out and we'll keep the lights on so you can hear.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks Greg...I think... There'll be no changes this year..no bike ..no trip... My intention for next year has been stated..however plans can change. Logistics for a 3500-4000 mile round trip just to get there and back..I'm prolly gonna want to trailer it.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

What's up with the bike?
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

What's up with the bike?
                    Private sale..but making payments..wont take posession of it until August.. I'll still need a year to save the $$$ and plan out logistics depending on next years rally location...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Gotcha! Always look forward to new people adding in.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Not a slog...

Curious to explore 2 lane options to make the route to Colorado much more enjoyable along the way..Even through Kansas it doesnt look that bad..Severity of weather might be a factor..
                        Interestingly enough(to me) is that a good friend from many yrs working together in NJ..lives in Divide CO. now.. Westcliffe to Divide is some heavenly riding(85 mi.) I did track a portion of the route to Divide with street view and wow.....

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Wend...!5m1!1e4?hl=en
                        Last edited by madmax-im; 05-27-2020, 08:15 AM.
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

That's one of the best stretches of riding in the front range area. We've done that stretch at the Rally's in 2014 and 2016. Pretty sure it'll be on the docket for this year as well.
                          Last edited by Bonz; 05-27-2020, 08:22 AM.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

It is a nice route..the scenery is fantastic..i love how the trees...are not there..LOL..Here in the S.E. we have some excellent mountain roads to ride..but the views are limited by the extreme amount of foliage.. You have to be on a ridgeline to get the vistas...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

That's one of the best stretches of riding in the front range area. We've done that stretch at the Rally's in 2014 and 2016. Pretty sure it'll be on the docket for this year as well.
                              Pike's Peak is right there too...I hear its all paved now...that would be an interesting ride ...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                                Pike's Peak is right there too...I hear its all paved now...that would be an interesting ride ...
                                Did the Pikes Peak thing ….. 2016 I think. Howard probably remembers. I hurt my engine, it's never been the same since.

Got pics of it on my FB page.
                                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X