Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqbtMmxks-xmiTg2Iuu9Va8vm4ex
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Nice pic Greg. Supposedly it was given the title of the most unappealing of all town names.

"Well, the story is that at the time of the ferry boat, there was tavern on the Perry County side of the river that was a local hangout for folks to go down and drink alcohol and do other things frowned upon by the local communities. Some church ladies from nearby would say, 'If you can't find so-and-so, go down to the tavern. He'll be sucking on a bottle so much he's swollen up like a toad.'"

Thus Toad Suck.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
        [...] There is always "just one more thing" to be done on the bike!
        Yes and as amusing as that was on the weekly NBC Mystery Movie it's not so much when it's weekly -- or better -- for my motorcycle!
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Nice pic Greg. Supposedly it was given the title of the most unappealing of all town names.

"Well, the story is that at the time of the ferry boat, there was tavern on the Perry County side of the river that was a local hangout for folks to go down and drink alcohol and do other things frowned upon by the local communities. Some church ladies from nearby would say, 'If you can't find so-and-so, go down to the tavern. He'll be sucking on a bottle so much he's swollen up like a toad.'"

Thus Toad Suck.
          That was the FIRST Harley dealer we stopped at on the way to NC.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Nice pic Greg. Supposedly it was given the title of the most unappealing of all town names.
            The mechanic in Salt Lake City pooched the warranty engine repair on my shiny new Harley and was acting like the starter or the battery was bad.
            After I met up with Greg in Tulsa we wound up stopping at almost every croakin' Harley dealership on the 40 East all the way to North Carolina for the rally and he was, uh, not happy.

I was beyond that.

I was ready to light the thing on fire and dance around it while singing pagan songs, then buying a reliable XJ/XS11 from someone -- anyone! on the way back east.

I think he's thinking it'll do it again and I honestly can't blame him one bit.

Thus Toad Suck.
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
              Pike's Peak? I think we'll pass on that one...
              Do it Ben. Great ride up if done early morning or other not busy time. Hardly anyone on the road when I went. They waved me through the brake check.

I also quite liked Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs. As well as everywhere else in Colorado!
              80 SG
              81 SH in parts
              99 ST1100
              91 ST1100

Comment

• Dean, just do it... Get a plane ticket to Colorado, Eagle Rider does the rest on getting a bike to ride.

https://www.eaglerider.com/?gclid=Cj...hoClQoQAvD_BwE
                Last edited by Bonz; 06-02-2020, 10:32 AM.
                Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• mere 30 out ......

just a month to go until 1st launch attempt

I see it has been a hot, humid & windy 100+ in TX, OK & KS so it must be 30 days to GO time when it starts hitting nasty humid 110+

Still frantically working on the E's but accomplished one major hurdle yesterday (can't take an LD motorcycle trip without a working motorcycle) when I went to pick up the ol' pumpkin. Its sporting new E4 skins and everything containing a liquid was drained and flushed. New battery (time to replace batt since install date was Feb 2011) and new brake pads. Hope to test ride Wing a few hundred miles before heading west for this 3,900 mile trip.

So bike is ready. Now I can work on getting rider prepared to tackle tornado alley, twice. So far, so good. Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone again. Plus looking forward to riding 306 / 209 now that 209 is paved.

I see with the 2020 virus situation (stay off airplanes & ships) that motorhome & trailer sales are booming so hope we don't have to deal with too many road obstacles.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Hi Jeff,
                    sounds like a grand plan to me. I always enjoy your ride reports. let's see how many storms you get to dodge this time.
                    If it were not for Covid-19 I would be preparing to join you in or on the way to Colorado. Now the border is not even open.

Phil
                    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                      Hi Jeff,
                      sounds like a grand plan to me. I always enjoy your ride reports. let's see how many storms you get to dodge this time.
                      If it were not for Covid-19 I would be preparing to join you in or on the way to Colorado. Now the border is not even open.

Phil
                      So much unnecessary bull****. They can close the boarder but can't stop idiots from standing elbow to elbow to protest or loot already suffering businesses.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• +1 on that

Phil, need to just pony up and make a run for the border. Do an Evil Knievel jump at the narrows. Just say you overshot a taco bell off the QEW when you were making your run for the border. Brakes didn't work, or throttle stuck, something like that. You are a regular down here anyways and nobody would know.

Jeff
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                          +1 on that

Phil, need to just pony up and make a run for the border. Do an Evil Knievel jump at the narrows. Just say you overshot a taco bell off the QEW when you were making your run for the border. Brakes didn't work, or throttle stuck, something like that. You are a regular down here anyways and nobody would know.

Jeff
                          Hi Jeff, If the Coast Guard did not shoot me in mid -flight there would be someone there to collect double toll for not using the bridge

Hi Greg, Then I was going to follow you to Montana to see a real Rodeo

It will have to wait another year.

Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• If the border opens up at the beginning of July you see any opportunity to make it? Get set on ready, to rock and roll. You have done work on your bike that may need done anyway and unpack your clothes.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

If the border opens up at the beginning of July you see any opportunity to make it? Get set on ready, to rock and roll. You have done work on your bike that may need done anyway and unpack your clothes.
                              Hi Bonz,
                              It's not just the border. Ontario is along way from Normal right now. Travelers still have to Isolate for 2 weeks upon return. US is not a very inviting place to visit at the moment. i might take your advice and get the bike ready as you say it needs it anyway.

Phil
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Gotcha, I wasn't aware of the quarantine. I can appreciate where you're coming from!
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X