2020 Colorado Rally, July 9th-13th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post

I plan to be there and camp, looking forward to it.
    Fantastic ......................
    a surprise attendee

Great you are planning to be there. This is good news!
    I hope to be there too, arriving late Thursday afternoon (motel in town)

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• T-minus 2 weeks and counting down to the rally. I've been in touch with everyone via text so everyone knows the address for Command Central.

I cannot stress enough now that we are close, you must take care of yourself and take care of your health.

It is important to come prepared with face masks as a courtesy to everyone. With things heating up again with relation to covid in our country I ask you to abide by common sense and good attitude with respect to everyone and their wishes at the rally.

Areas like Westcliffe have been on the down low with little covid activity however Colorado is seeing a jump in the larger metropolitan areas. Many areas you will be coming from and traveling through are now very much in the news with dramatically increased covid activity.

As you guys travel in from coast to coast, and wherever you come from in between, take care in your travels and take precautions along the way so that we all can experience a great rally. It's just not worth it to do it any other way.

I take pride in you guys and I know the riding and camaraderie even if it's from 6 feet away with masks outweighs the enjoyment of anything we'd be doing instead. I am not saying that will be the case, however we need to understand that may be what makes everyone feel most comfortable.

So please guys, it goes without saying, be wise in these next couple weeks and travel safe to the start of Colorado Rally 2020!

Please PM or post any questions or text me as everyone is able to communicate that way as well.
      Last edited by Bonz; 06-25-2020, 11:11 PM.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• If you're saying we've gotta wear masks I'll just stay home.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• I'm saying people do what they feel comfortable doing and take care of yourself before coming.
          Last edited by Bonz; 06-28-2020, 12:05 PM.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• bonz

2020 Westcliffe Rally view of mountains
            It's time to RALLY

78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Awesome Jeff! Thanks for taking the time to get those up there.

There's a good history of taking some pretty cool pictures and look forward to many more of them this year!

Many guys have texted me and told me their plans for arrival. Please post up here or text to let me know when you plan to arrive on the 9th or the 10th if we haven't already touched base.

Looks like about a dozen guys will be here by Thursday night, looking forward to a Friday ride and getting back to Command Central to do the meet and greet Friday evening at 5 pm with the rest of the guys getting here Friday. Plan to cook up burgers and brats for supper, eating around 6 p.m. or thereabouts.

Stay in touch and safe travels!
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Hi Howard,
                Having decided not to attend this year, after actually planning to, leaves me feeling like the kid with his nose pressed to the window of the toy store. I hope you all have a wonderful safe rally. Looking forward to reading about the adventures of those who do attend and no doubt JeffH will post some more excellent pictures.

The border is officially closed until 21 July and some how I don't think it will open then either.

Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Thanks Phil, it wasn't like you didn't try! The rug you didn't have any control over got pulled out from under a lot of things for all of us but this one particularly stinks for you.

Look forward to keeping everybody posted once we get going next week!
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Good morning guys! Extended weather forecast looks hot and dry through the rally.

Start drinking lots of liquids a day before you head out this way, really helps ease the altitude acclimation. You'll sweat as much out here but it evaporates very quickly so you feel like you're not needing liquids when you actually need more.

Be safe, keep me posted when you're on your way!
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• I hope to be there on Thursday afternoon. May be trailering in, not riding all the way. I hope to stop at my lot in Park County and get some work done. This requires I drive my truck with a load of work gear as well as camping gear. Still have not made the final decision (Rally only or rally and lot work) but I have to leave in a couple of days so better make up my mind soon!
                      Jerry Fields
                      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                      '06 Concours
                      My Galleries Page.
                      My Blog Page.
                      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Really happy you made the rally decision, everything else is just what you get to do along the way!
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• New rear tire and spark plugs yesterday. Gotta get out to the garage and change all the oils and maybe check the sync on the carbs.

I haven't done much of anything on Ol' Okie in 2 - 3 years other than tires and oil. A little TLC wouldn't hurt.
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Nice work! Maybe we should try Pikes Peak again...
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• I wouldn't mind doing it again if it weren't for jackasses like we got behind last time. Honestly we should have just gone around him. Freakin' moron.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• It is a memorable ride for making it to the top and also for the way we made it to the top...

For the Friday ride we're going to plan for kickstands up at 9:30am and ride up to Florissant for lunch at the Thunderbird Inn. Skids lives in Florissant and is going to mosey on over there and join us.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X