No announcement yet.

2020 Colorado Rally, July 9th-13th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal Greg. Nothing makes an old horse giddy up like a new shoe.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      OK.....back to XS's.

Got my new rear tire mounted and balanced today. The E3 I have on there has about 8K miles and a plug. I've pushed it far enough I think.
      8K and a plug.....that's a 'stretch' Greg!
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Greg, was the tread wearing down or just mentioning you had 8K and a plug but you would have gone more if it didn't have the plug?
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Yup. I would have ridden it up there. There's plenty of tread left. Got a nail in it after I came back from Montana last summer. Just been riding around town.

Made a trip to Minnesota a few years back with a plugged tire. Picked up a nail here the day before I left and plugged it. Threw the plug twice on that trip before I made it home. Homey ain't playin' that game no more.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
            The score.......your ST would run perfect as is Ben......no stumble nor hesitation. That's just what ST's do, all the time. 3Phase will verify this as he rode my ST a good liitle bit.
            Thanks Brant..Thats good to know...i really do want to ride Colorado..The question in the logistics in getting there...and back... I know y'all aint holding your breath on me...So we'll see...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
              The score.......your ST would run perfect as is Ben......no stumble nor hesitation. That's just what ST's do, all the time.
              Couldn't agree more. Pike's Peak, Beartooth Hwy, Rocky Mt Nat. Park and others.... never a hiccup.
              80 SG
              81 SH in parts
              99 ST1100
              91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                Couldn't agree more. Pike's Peak, Beartooth Hwy, Rocky Mt Nat. Park and others.... never a hiccup.
                Thanks Dean...I'm looking forward to getting back into some LD riding soon.. i need to warm up and stretch my legs..so to say..a tad rusty..just had cataract surgery..done on my left eye...right eye was done 2.5 yrs ago....A huge improvement...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  just had cataract surgery..done on my left eye...right eye was done 2.5 yrs ago....A huge improvement...
                  I've assisted in many hundreds of those Ben. Glad it has worked out for you.
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                    I've assisted in many hundreds of those Ben. Glad it has worked out for you.
                    Thanks Dean..I was laying there in pre-op waiting to go in..and I never lost conciousness...but i did..but I thought i was still in pre-op when it was actually post-op. When they asked if i was ready to go home..i was like what? Its done??? Big improvement as i said but still not 100%..another day should bring more improvements...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I'm not going to be able to make it to Colorado this time.

My best friend is dying from cancer and we're taking a final train ride up to Vancouver, WA to visit another friend.

I don't know if my friend will be alive to take the train back to Simi or not but we're not going to be back until the end of July so Colorado is out for me this year.
                      -- Scott
                      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                      1979 XS1100F: parts
                      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Scott, I wish you the best with taking care of your friend, do the best you can with the time you have with the folks you care about.

You're one of the good ones.
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Thank you, Howard.

I really, really, wish it weren't so but they can't do any more radiation, he's baked and they stopped chemo and switched to palliative care.

I'm dreading and looking forward to the trip if that makes any sense.
                          -- Scott
                          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                          1979 XS1100F: parts
                          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• That is the best way anybody could describe the upcoming trip. Enjoy your time, we will sure be thinking of you and your friend.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Have been off the list for a couple of weeks. I have updated the rally page with a couple of Bonz's posts for reference. I'm still not clear, how do we get to the camp site? Five miles out of town so it can't be difficult but inquiring minds want to know, or did I miss instructions some where?

I plan to be there and camp, looking forward to it.
                              Jerry Fields
                              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                              '06 Concours
                              My Galleries Page.
                              My Blog Page.
                              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Awesome Jerry! I texted you but I don't know if that number is still valid at your new home?

I've texted the information to everyone since many of the guys can't log on to the forum consistently or reliably.

PM me your phone number if it is new and I'll text you the information.

Expecting 16 to 17 bikes.
                                Last edited by Bonz; 06-22-2020, 02:00 PM.
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X