2020 Colorado Rally, July 9th-13th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    Hey Mike! Did Phil get ahold of you yet?

He passed through here the other day on his way to San Diego. He's pretty set on being at the rally as well. Long trip from Toronto however.
    Phil, you are doing all the riding across our part of the country at the wrong time of year... 😊

July is the rally, July...
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
      Phil, you are doing all the riding across our part of the country at the wrong time of year... ��

July is the rally, July...
      He was driving a Porsche. LOL
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

This would be such a fun ride to attend! But, it's not exactly down the road from Michigan. Set of tires due after doing a ride like this!

Contemplations!
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
          This would be such a fun ride to attend! But, it's not exactly down the road from Michigan. Set of tires due after doing a ride like this!

Contemplations!
          Put tires on BEFORE you leave. Especially if you're using Shinkos.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

You got this IanD... JeffH rides out from Georgia, the same 1,400 miles it is from Michigan, Cali boys do 1100 miles one way across crazy hot-azz desert every year.

Take the northern route west from Michigan and drop straight down into Colorado and you will be living the life of Riley on that ride my friend.

I'm thinking with a property and cabin with a covered deck, a keg is more in order than coolers full of beer this year...
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I was truly interested, but looks like I'm teaching that weekend.

I think I'll do the XS-East, and XS-SE this year to meet more of the old heads of our group.

I do want to do this ride in the future though. Never been to Colorado.
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Old heads??? WTH... I think all of us are over 50...
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                  Old heads??? WTH... I think all of us are over 50...
                  Old heads = original members. The Don, Martys, Ben's, Brent's/Brant's/Todd's/Greg's/Phil's, etc.

Not specific to age, lol.
                  1979 XS1100F

Comment

LOL, got me on that one.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

I was truly interested, but looks like I'm teaching that weekend.

I think I'll do the XS-East, and XS-SE this year to meet more of the old heads of our group.

I do want to do this ride in the future though. Never been to Colorado.
                      Both of those a HUGE mega rallies. Lots of people. Never been to XS East but been to XS Southeast several times. It's changed A LOT since the first one I went to in 2011.

I prefer the smaller groups like we've had at The Lost Rallies.

BTW.... Say hey to all those other "Old Heads".
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Lol, Greg. The Colorado Rally is where I'd really love to go, but that's a hellified ride for me.
                        1979 XS1100F

Comment

I can sure understand less than half the distance for something on the East coast or Southeast.

Different kind of riding out here. Roads are a different kind of challenging, without a tree canopy hanging over and feeling like you're in a luge run.

Command Central is at almost 7,800' elevation this year with highest planned roads over 12,000' elevation.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

It's a 21-hour ride for me, lol
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

It's a good haul!
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

It's a 21-hour ride for me, lol
                                About like me going to the UP huh? Rode from Houghton to KC in a day. 800+ miles. Left Houghton at 5am and got to Russ' place about 9pm.
                                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X