2014 Colorado Rally Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    I guess I should have said No Homo but that seems to upset some of the more insecure people.....
    All good Greg................you can definitely still come and play in our RockyMountain sand box.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• I'm trying to get Ivan to go since JW says he'll be in London then. It'd be great to get Ivan out on a trip. He's been concentrating on college now for a couple years and he's getting grumpy. He needs a good ride (motorcycle ride).

Besides that, Wichita would be a good staging stop for me both ways even though it's an easy 630 miles. It would be less stressful and I would get to drink some of Ivan's beer.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• I am not going to London till November. The issue is I am tapped out for time off between London and NC (XSSE) so I cannot go harrass the Colorado crew. I figure sending you in my place is enough to harrass anyone.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
          I am not going to London till November. The issue is I am tapped out for time off between London and NC (XSSE) so I cannot go harrass the Colorado crew. I figure sending you in my place is enough to harrass anyone.

John
          And if Ivan comes along Colorado may NEVER be the same.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Who's Ivan? Sounds like the life of the party, if Motoman wasn't already coming...

Got the revised reservation confirmation, we are GO for nights of July 18,19,20, checkout is 11am on Monday the 21st.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• IVAN is the person that came up with the auto tensioner swap and, like me, trbig, Bigfoot, Russ79, Montreaux_Blue, and Vincer is one of the original "Banned Bunch". Maybe someday when you grow up we'll tell you the story.

trbig, Bigfoot and I are the only ones who are still active here. Montreaux_Blue and Vincer are deceased and Russ79 and Ivan just don't participate anymore on the forum.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                Who's Ivan? Sounds like the life of the party, if Motoman wasn't already coming...

Got the revised reservation confirmation, we are GO for nights of July 18,19,20, checkout is 11am on Monday the 21st.
                Nice!.........it's on like donkey-kong..........see U'all ,,,Fri. afternoonish....
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• I guess at 46 I am still wet behind the ears compared to you seasoned gents.

Please grandpa BA80, tell me the story about back in the day...
                  Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Well, I tell ya sonny...................

It all began back in aut 8, mebbe aut 9. I don't remember for sure. My handle was still XSokieSPECIAL then..............HA ha ha ha........

That story is too long and there are things that went on behind the scenes that don't need to be discussed here. That's a story for a campfire and a group of beers.

BTW.....here's the thread where Ivan introduced his discovery of the auto tensioner mod.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25000
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Just bantering with ya' BA, no need to bring up old wounds, etc out in the open!

So, you are coming then? Good to have some Midwest representation. I grew up in Manhattan, KS and my folks have been in Seminole, OK for the past 8 years as my dad finished out his years til retirement with the civil service, as a dentist for the Seminole Indian Nation.

I did the ACCT to both my XS's. Thanks in absentia, Ivan... He still live in Hutch?
                      Last edited by Bonz; 05-30-2014, 05:21 PM.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Well, all this talking I've been doing I just about have to show up now.

I gotta learn to keep my mouth shut.

Naw, I helped Ivan move from Hutch a couple years ago. He's in Wichita with his new bride.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Yep, you got a spot around the campfire waiting for you.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• I was going to redo my reservation for Friday through Sunday but I gave blood this afternoon, then came home and fell asleep until Motoman called and woke me up.

Oops.... I'll give 'em a call mahnyahnnah.
                            -- Scott
                            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                            1979 XS1100F: parts
                            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• all in one place

Hey Bonz,
                              Just wanted you to know I was able to transfer my deposit of 53.70 to the group site,and to see how many we will be?
                              Also wanted to bump this thread back to the main page.
                              rdmcguy
                              78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Good deal, rdmcguy!
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X