Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont miss out!!

It's official.
    the rally is on for the weekend of July 18 19 20!!!
    I have made reservations for a tent site on the 18/19 th
    Total cost $53.00
    Their phone #866-341-7875....I spoke to a woman named Rhianon,
    she said that using my name...Joe McCarthy will reference you to the same general areas although the sites are individual.
    A few others have made reservations for a cabin so it appears that there is lodging available for whatever suits your needs.
    I am looking forward to meeting more of the members,
    So get your bikes in order and let the adventure begin!!!
    Thanks again to Bonz for locating a good spot
    Joe
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
      It's official.
      the rally is on for the weekend of July 18 19 20!!!
      I have made reservations for a tent site on the 18/19 th
      Total cost $53.00
      Their phone #866-341-7875....I spoke to a woman named Rhianon,
      she said that using my name...Joe McCarthy will reference you to the same general areas although the sites are individual.
      A few others have made reservations for a cabin so it appears that there is lodging available for whatever suits your needs.
      I am looking forward to meeting more of the members,
      So get your bikes in order and let the adventure begin!!!
      Thanks again to Bonz for locating a good spot
      Joe
      Split that with ya' Joe on the tent site if ya want. Have my own sleeping quarters.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• tent site

Sounds good Brant,
        The reservation is already made and paid for so all is good!
        78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Thanks Joe!.............I'll make contact with them, let them know for a headcount if they need it.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Hey Brant
            Someone asked a while back about the meaning of airing out on the table top.
            So in the interest of clearing up some confusion, was the 85 feet the width across the top, or the distance up the side, and was that using the XS11?

CZ

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
              Hey Brant
              Someone asked a while back about the meaning of airing out on the table top.
              So in the interest of clearing up some confusion, was the 85 feet the width across the top, or the distance up the side, and was that using the XS11?

CZ
              That was me that asked and I still don't understand. Sorry, don't speak Coloradian.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                That was me that asked and I still don't understand. Sorry, don't speak Coloradian.
                That be the topside distance across not counting approach and landing transition. Done correctly, landing is smooth with no harshness, and ten yrs. ago at 51yrs. of age(50+ class by then), one better be 'on their game' to be competitive. Took me two yrs. to get back to the top again with a state championship(50+) in the RMXA series for Colo. back in 2003. Haven't been back on a moto-x bike since, and don't have the YZ250 or RM250 any more to be tempted.

CZ, have made some unitended launches across tracks that were abrupt uphill approaches with a bit of drop-away on other side with the Venturer.
                Memory reflex still automaticly kicks in......up off the seat and land it standing up.............that is if you intend to keep the shiney side up.
                Awfully hard on that heavy bikes chassis though. Same for any rolling wheelie, the landing will fracture frame just behind centerstand weld mount......sooner than later.

Greg, you still got enough Montana in ya'.......so close enough.
                Last edited by motoman; 05-24-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Been out of the loop over the weekend, glad to see its taking on the life we intended!

-Anyone want to split a tent site?

- jwhughes are you coming?

Anyone got a rough head count so far?
                  Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• tent sites

Bonz,
                    Supposedly each site will house 4 tents,no sense on cramming all of us into one, but then again...... having a group of guys on one spot is good too as far as I am concerned .
                    To this point it is me,you,3phase and motorman for sure,....rumor has it a group of guys are coming in from Ca.....Very early on JW Hughes said he would be here,
                    Maybe Capton Zap ?Would be nice to see some guys from surrounding areas as well

Comment

• When I talked to a guy there on Thursday the group site was available. Big covered pavilion on a concrete slab with as much room to spread out tents as we would ever want. $75 total per night for the first 10 people, $5 per night for each add'l person. If that is available, even for 3-5 guys to set up there it is a great deal. It would be the schnizzle for hosting everyone overall as a group for evenings, morning gathering before the ride, etc.

If group site is available, anyone interested in changing their reservation to be part of that?

I am sure CZ is in, right CZ? I just texted Sebastian_99, hope he can join us too.
                      Last edited by Bonz; 05-26-2014, 09:16 PM.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Yeh, I'd go in on the big site, let me know when you need the money.
                        Or split one with you. Whatever.
                        CZ

Comment

• CZ just PM'd you about the group site, disregard the PM. Didn't see this post before I sent it.

Joe and Brant are in for the group site, anyone else wanna be part of it? I will reserve it tomorrow assuming it it still available.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Group Site #77 reserved

Hey all,

Group site #77 is reserved for the nights of July 18 and 19th! We can add the night of the 20th as well, let me know if guys want to do that.

Check in is 2pm on the 18th but if you get there sooner they can most likely accommodate.

To see the site map, go to the echo canyon campground home page, select the "info" tab, and the site is on the east/southeast edge. The site map shows a "shade" spot, which is actually the covered pavillion with concrete slab. You can see there is plenty of space to set your tents up.

www.echocanyoncampground.com

Anyone that has already reserved an individual tent site can call the campground and change over to the group site.

I paid the 50% deposit, and will pay the balance 14 days from arrival. Once we know how many guys are in the site, you can settle up with me for your portion once we divide it up. Cost for up to the first 10 folks is $80.55 per night $161.10 total for two nights, heckuva deal.

I am not computer savvy, per se, is there a way to put up an "official" notice/info page on the forum so folks don't have to wade through the thread?
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post

I am not computer savvy, per se, is there a way to put up an "official" notice/info page on the forum so folks don't have to wade through the thread?
                              I dunno. Make a new thread and ask people to use this one for comments and leave the new one alone so that $CATHERDER can update it as necessary?

-- Scott
                              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                              1979 XS1100F: parts
                              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• IMO, doesn't matter either way Howard. The other posted rallys just get continued, and the ones attending, or tentatively planning to, can easily jump to newly posted threads associated with CO.Rally 2014.

Comment

Working...
                                X