No announcement yet.

2014 Colorado Rally Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have a name for this Rally? "July 2014 XS/XJ 1100 Colorado Cat Herder Rally"

Let's hear what you guys think for a name.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Howard, thanks for the text. I just read through the thread. That weekend is gonna be tough for me but I will definitely make an appearance for at least one night/day. My band is playing the night of the 18th in the Springs so thats booked up but I can head out toward Canyon City the following afternoon, stay that night and ride the next day. I will most likely have my brother in-tow as well.
      79 SF

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
        Do we have a name for this Rally? "July 2014 XS/XJ 1100 Colorado Cat Herder Rally"

Let's hear what you guys think for a name.
        Doubt if our cat would endure riding pillon that far.......
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Doubt if our cat would endure riding pillon that far.......
          Y'all aint right. You know that, don't you?
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Interest: Extend one night to depart on 21st?

To ALL, EVERYONE, ALL YA'LL, etc...,

What is the interest in extending to include the night of the 20th and depart on the 21st?

Would give us a weather buffer if needed and the opportunity to do another ride Sunday.

Good to have you coming Sebastian_99! Welcome to your brother as well! How is his bike coming along?
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
              I dunno. Make a new thread and ask people to use this one for comments and leave the new one alone so that $CATHERDER can update it as necessary?

Hey 3Phase! We have a lot of pride in our state.
              So a better title is COLOCatClatch 2014.

CZ

Comment

• I'll try to be there but I will just have gotten back from the Brockville, Ontario rally on July 6th after being gone for two weeks. SWMBO is not keen on me taking off for another event as we are working on developing our lot in central Colorado (Park County) and she has a schedule of events planned for most of our weekends. I'm sure I can bring her around...
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.
                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                  Y'all aint right. You know that, don't you?
                  ..........and if I was, sure as hell wouldn't be screwin' around with these ole' scoots that can't multi-task, only being able to do one of three things at once.................................................. .............
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
                    Hey 3Phase! We have a lot of pride in our state.
                    So a better title is COLOCatClatch 2014.

CZ
                    C'mon CZ.......know U can do better than that.
                    Colo.MountainRally oughta' open up the imagination a bit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                      To ALL, EVERYONE, ALL YA'LL, etc...,

What is the interest in extending to include the night of the 20th and depart on the 21st?

Would give us a weather buffer if needed and the opportunity to do another ride Sunday.

Good to have you coming Sebastian_99! Welcome to your brother as well! How is his bike coming along?
                      A possibility for me, and I could REALLY play on mountain twisties with weekday traffic volume low coming home.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        C'mon CZ.......know U can do better than that.
                        Colo.MountainRally oughta' open up the imagination a bit...
                        Hey! Whatever you want to call the rally is fine by me!

I cooked up a quick t-shirt design using a picture of Columbo loaded to the gills. I think it'd be a little ironic to get an XS11 rally shirt with a Suzuki or something on it!

Rally T-Shirt

I have no idea about money, firstborn children or close blood relatives if they were to actually make the t-shirts, I was just having fun with the design software they have on the web site!

-- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• I am waiting for jwhughes to say he's coming, he did the shirts for 2011 Durango Rally...

John, are you watching?
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                            I'll try to be there but I will just have gotten back from the Brockville, Ontario rally on July 6th after being gone for two weeks. SWMBO is not keen on me taking off for another event as we are working on developing our lot in central Colorado (Park County) and she has a schedule of events planned for most of our weekends. I'm sure I can bring her around...
                            ......which should be easy enough, as you can wave 'hi' or 'bi' as you cruise by that area......comin' or goin'.

Comment

• the ongoing discussion

It's great this rally is finally coming to life.
                              A third day is fine by me.
                              As for a name
                              Colorado rally 2014" High jinks in the high country"....(while the cats away)
                              Joe
                              78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                                I'll try to be there but I will just have gotten back from the Brockville, Ontario rally on July 6th after being gone for two weeks. SWMBO is not keen on me taking off for another event as we are working on developing our lot in central Colorado (Park County) and she has a schedule of events planned for most of our weekends. I'm sure I can bring her around...
                                .......shiney rocks may resolve that........

Comment

Working...
                                X