No announcement yet.

2014 Colorado Rally Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was supposed to be a done deal and I thought he was starting the middle of this week but ain't seen him so far.

No one seems to know WTF.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• firewood

Hey Capton Zap,
      Bonz brought it to my attention that we will need some firewood that he says you can supply,I am not as succesful as I would like to be with p.m."s so thought I would contact you here,I guess I can put a load in my pickup and bring it down...Give me a call...Joe
      78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• I spoke with XSMiles yesterday, and told him about the rally.
        He works almost 7 days a week, but thinks he may be off on Friday and will try to show on his XS if possible.

I told him Bohn and I, (and hopefully Greg!) will be in Canon City by Thursday night, and will call him.

He's got a Special w/ a 6.1 gl. tank. Hopefully it'll fire up and run.
        He said it's been a while since he started it.

Hopefully he'll make it. I haven't seen him for quite a while.
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Carbs don't like to sit. We fixed the carbs on his Special once at Cody's, remember?
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Yes. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't in need of a rework again.

Along with tires, brakes, battery....

I hope not, though. I'd love to see him ride up on it.

The last time I rode that one, it was one mean motorscooter!

I believe it was almost as fast as the Time Machine.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

• So, any word from work today if you get the green light?

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

• Not yet, I'm a fukkin mushroom...........
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Lookin' like I'm out again. Wishy washy jerks..........

Firetruck............................
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• I am back in Kansas coaching basketball camp this week, I keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer that you can make it BA!
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Sorry boys, it ain't gonna happen. I was really looking forward to it but it's gonna be impossible. I'm sure Bohn and Bobby will be there in my place.

Sorry. Aiming for the Lost Rally in Michigan next month now.

The guy who was going to start work and allow this trip changed his mind and won't be coming aboard.

Sorry.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Greg, I don't know if I'm going to make it either so I decided to take a break before I broke something. I could quite honestly use a little help but at this point it's almost moot.

Something at the back of my mind was bothering me about using the '79F head and it suddenly clicked when I was chasing and oiling the threads on the exhaust studs -- they're too long for the '80G exhaust!

There's no way in carnation I'm going to even attempt to change the studs. I do have the complete '79F exhaust that 'will work' but it's bfugly. The header chrome is solid rust, there's a small tear in one muffler and the whole thing is covered in cooked oil because the cam tensioner plug popped out at some point in its former life and slimed the entire bike from stem to stern.

Oh well, the jugs are ready to go on the pistons and it'll never get done unless I get back at it!

-- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• The studs come out pretty easy if you have a set of THESE.

Or, just use your die and thread them down further.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Greg........but hey, if it's any consenses, you intending to be on the 'prowl' this direction got my backside in gear getting the Venturer back happy again, otherwise the STeed was gonna get the duty.

Alot of diagnosing effort, corrections, and some of which hit a brick wall, along with with new tars isn't gonna be wasted effort
                            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                              The studs come out pretty easy if you have a set of THESE.

Or, just use your die and thread them down further.

They're old and rusty. I'll see if I can clean up the '79 exhaust and use a hose clamp to strap a beer can over the tear in the muffler, I don't even want to get into trying to drill out a broken stud right now. It's all doable, especially with the head on the bench instead of the bike but I'm running a little short on time. I had to fix another broken fin on the XJ jugs and that turned into a giant time-suck.

-- Scott
                              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                              1979 XS1100F: parts
                              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Greg,Sorry you won't be able to make it, I was looking forward to meeting you!....Hey 3 phase don't give up just yet,Not that it would be ideal but couldn't you add some washers on those exhaust studs ?..Here is a bit of incentive for you..I will bring down one of those Italian beef sandwiches that we had the last time you breezed through..Joe
                                78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Working...
                                X