Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Colorado Rally Anyone?

Hey guys!

Any of the Colorado members (and members willing to ride out here from surrounding areas) interesting in organizing some sort of rally or event for 2014? I recently talked my little brother into picking up an XS-11 of his own so the two of us would be interested! Lets talk and organize something!
    79 SF

Colorado rally YES

Sounds like a great idea,
    Motoman from Grand Junction hosted one (before my time here,)
    in Durango,And it was well received.
    Almost anywhere in Co.is good probably the less congested areas
    meaning south of Denver would be best I am sure you know many great routes in and around the springs.
    Pm me with your thoughts.
    Joe
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian_99 View Post
      Hey guys!

Any of the Colorado members (and members willing to ride out here from surrounding areas) interesting in organizing some sort of rally or event for 2014? I recently talked my little brother into picking up an XS-11 of his own so the two of us would be interested! Lets talk and organize something!
      Go for it! Any area with a KOA or similar nearby with showers etc. for those who want or need to rough-it.
      You get something sorted that'll work, just annouce in the rally section area associated, and they will come. Keep it mountainous and scenic, as that is the attraction for those who don't live and ride daily with all that around them. Lots of good, fun, scenic riding west of the Springs.........take your pic of any couple hundred mile loops that don't repeat the same road.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Colorado Ralley

My son has a large house in Pipestone that he rents out $50 per person sleeps
        about ten or twelve people it has everything stove washer dryer hottub?
        79 SF

Comment

Originally posted by Buckmaster79 View Post
          My son has a large house in Pipestone that he rents out $50 per person sleeps
          about ten or twelve people it has everything stove washer dryer hottub?
          Pipestone......perfect name for a place in Colorado.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

pipestone Co?

I live here and have never heard of it, googled it and no results
            Where the hell is it?
            For info,s sake what would be a reasonable amount of time in the saddle per day for most guys?
            Also would most prefer a home base to return to at night or different stops along the way?
            Motels or campsites.
            Remember it gets pretty cold here at night (40)at higher elevations
            Three days...four?
            Joe
            78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Found a Firestone, Co.......

http://ttiles01.mqcdn.com/tiles/1.0....10/214/386.jpg

The only Pipestone I could find was in Minnesota.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Well, that link didn't work. It's north of Denver.

They had it at Durango last time.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Durango 2011

https://plus.google.com/photos/10690...CLSHp8HVp8PKbQ

Here are some pics from the 2011 Durango Rally. Hope the link works.

John
                  Last edited by jwhughes3; 04-22-2014, 09:50 PM.
                  John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                  '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                  Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Colorado? Sounds like fun! I still haven't changed the back tire on Columbo after the XS SE rally at the Iron horse but I'll dig up a 'tuit before summer kicks in.

Uh, y'all don't have any any endangered terrapins or anything... unusual in Colorado, do you? Anywhere but freakin' BLM land is good -- don't want to get shot!

-- Scott
                      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                      1979 XS1100F: parts
                      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                        Colorado? Sounds like fun! I still haven't changed the back tire on Columbo after the XS SE rally at the Iron horse but I'll dig up a 'tuit before summer kicks in.

Uh, y'all don't have any any endangered terrapins or anything... unusual in Colorado, do you? Anywhere but freakin' BLM land is good -- don't want to get shot!

No, but 'natives' like me are getting fewer and far between......and we DO 'pack'. Could Colo. attractions be calling you for a fourth round Scott?.
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Trudgin' Through The Tundra, Mile After Mile....

Not worried about the natives, Brant, I shoot back! Yeah, Colorado's good; don't want another t-t-trek-k ac-c-c-ross-s-s-s the pp-p-prairies!
                          -- Scott
                          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                          1979 XS1100F: parts
                          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            Found a Firestone, Co.......

http://ttiles01.mqcdn.com/tiles/1.0....10/214/386.jpg

The only Pipestone I could find was in Minnesota.
                            Only place close in name would have to be Redstone, which is south of Carbondale bout 15mi. on Colo.133. That area IS great fun on a bike as far as western slope riding. Wrong side of the 'hill' from the Springs area though.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                              don't want another t-t-trek-k ac-c-c-ross-s-s-s the pp-p-prairies!
                              Dammit Scott, this is 'merica, it's pretty much ALL prairie. You just need one of those longhorn skulls on the front of your bike.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X