No announcement yet.

2014 Colorado Rally Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, had the opportunity on the spur of the moment to get some riding in today. Made the jaunt down to Bishops Castle to check it out as a rally POI.

You have never seen anything like it I promise, and the riding/scenery getting to and from is just plain awesome on lightly travelled smooth roads.

Anyway, your homework is to google bishops castle and read up on the history of this "unique" place and the guy behind it.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Homework...........................let me guess.......then comes a pop-quiz.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• No quiz... Pretty interesting guy and the story behind it. I went through the whole place, up the towers, out on the hanging walkway, etc and it's just plain cool. The (more or less) lack of railings or safeguards is striking in this day and age, and a testament to the guy doing it his way. His motto should be "If you wanna come look, go ahead but I ain't holding your hand, don't fall, and screw the govt" and kindly leave a donation to help with continued work. I did.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• A little more than a month away

Evenin ya"ll
          Thought I would bring this back up to see if we had an idea how many
          of us there will be?
          Also wondering if any ideas about a motto/slogan ?
          A friend of mine has the capability to design and produce stickers.
          Unless you want them to be a likeness of ËL TORO"..(see post..ï'll catch hell for this) lol
          Let me know.
          Joe
          78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Rendezvous
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• I'll be there unless I can't get the vacation time then..........pending....
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• I would suspect around 10-15 guys.

"Royal Gorge Rally 2014"
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Think that would be fairly close Bonz.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Reservation checked and updated

Call it anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner!

I just got off the phone with Ashley to update my reservation to include Sunday night on the 20th, so I'll be there from sometime on Friday the 18th until Monday morning of the 21st whenever they boot me out.

-- Scott
                    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                    1979 XS1100F: parts
                    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                      Call it anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner!

I just got off the phone with Ashley to update my reservation to include Sunday night on the 20th, so I'll be there from sometime on Friday the 18th until Monday morning of the 21st whenever they boot me out.

.........or just put in 'cold storage'.........

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        .........or just put in 'cold storage'.........
                        R u dun tarin' the tits off them gnu tars al reddy?
                        -- Scott
                        _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• ....hasn't left the center stand as of yet, so a sharp razor could be the next option.

Comment

• Any heartburn with non forum mature riders coming along? What does the collective think?
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• As long as I stay away from the habineros were good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                                Any heartburn with non forum mature riders coming along? What does the collective think?
                                Cognitive dissonance: "mature" and "willing to go to a rally with -- us."

-- Scott
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X