No announcement yet.

2014 Colorado Rally Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of them is the guy I bought my SG from, He sold it to me because he wasn't going to ride again, he was into supercharging Mustangs and other cars in his older age. Then I loaned him what used to be his bike to go on an afternoon ride with some other friends, and he went out and bought a Rocket III Roadster. Holy mother of pearl, you have never felt torque under your butt like that bike has. Then he liked that so much he went out and bought a BMW K 1600 GTL. Now I tell him the only reason he ever sold me the SG was so he could buy more bikes. Works out great though, he loves to ride the SG so we swap bikes a lot. He tells me the only bike I truly look proper riding is the Rocket 3 because it is a large bike.

He is not a definite for the rally, however he is very interested in hanging out with us cool guys.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Well hell, you didn't say he was a past owner. Those guys are always showing up, probably to re-live their past glory days.
      Cool? I thought this was in July, in the Arkansas River valley.

CZ

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
        One of them is the guy I bought my SG from, He sold it to me because he wasn't going to ride again, he was into supercharging Mustangs and other cars in his older age. Then I loaned him what used to be his bike to go on an afternoon ride with some other friends, and he went out and bought a Rocket III Roadster. Holy mother of pearl, you have never felt torque under your butt like that bike has. Then he liked that so much he went out and bought a BMW K 1600 GTL. Now I tell hum the only reason he ever sold me the SG was so he could buy more bikes. Works out great though, he loves to ride the SG so we swap bikes a lot. He tells me the only bike I truly look proper riding is the Rocket 3 because it is a large bike.

He is not a definite for the rally, however he is very interested in hanging out with us cool guys.
        Sounds like a hoot! That big ole' Trident WOULD fit you well with its 9+gal. tank to go with that big inline 3cyl. The first year models would carry that half ton to sub 12sec. 1/4mile times also.
        Last edited by motoman; 06-24-2014, 01:19 PM.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
          Cool? I thought this was in July, in the Arkansas River valley.

CZ
          You should come see it sometime.................in the fall. (click on the X)

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• It is a 6.6 gallon tank, 2.3 liter, and it does 45 miles per gallon. I took it on a 2 up ride with my wife last fall for a long day, and it is great how well it handles for a bike of any size. His K 1600 is pretty sweet as well. That inline 6 engine is so smooth and responsive with great power and the bike handles like it weighs 400 pounds. With my wife's uncle having a 2009 Gen 2 Vmax, I have been lucky to ride some pretty cool bikes.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• OH! you mean the ENGINE is 2.3L.

I had one of those come to me with a broken exhaust to repair. Did my best but he's looking at a new system.
              Last edited by BA80; 06-24-2014, 07:12 PM.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Yes, 2.3 liter engine. Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, 2.3 liter gas tank wouldn't equate very well!

My XS is still the smoothest inline 4 cylinder engine I have ever had, and that is saying something for a bike that is 35+ years old in design.
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Would of thought that tank capacity to be larger than the one I sit over top of on the ST at 7.4gal.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Those ST's have a great tank, had an ST1300 for a year and really liked the bike. It held 7.7 gallons. 5 gallons in the main tank, the rest in a sub tank under the seat. Gave a good low CG for some awesome handling in a 727lb bike. Put a peg lowering kit on it and a seat riser kit, sat on that bike like an easy chair. 44-48 mpg in all around riding too. That is the only engine I like more than the XS, and it is a 90 deg V4. Love the V4 cadence and smoothness of a naturally balanced engine.

Wish the SG had another gallon, 4.0 gal is just plain silly. You can't tell me those Japanese gents couldn't figure how to make the tank incrementally larger all around while keeping the lines of the bike. Anything 5.0 gal+ is good in my book. The Standard is perfect at 5.3 gal.
                    Last edited by Bonz; 06-25-2014, 11:07 PM.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Howard they did. On the XJ, the tank is 5 gal and still looks like the Special.

John
                      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Those ST's have a great tank, had an ST1300 for a year and really liked the bike. It held 7.7 gallons. 5 gallons in the main tank, the rest in a sub tank under the seat. Gave a good low CG for some awesome handling in a 727lb bike. Put a peg lowering kit on it and a seat riser kit, sat on that bike like an easy chair. 44-48 mpg in all around riding too. That is the only engine I like more than the XS, and it is a 90 deg V4. Love the V4 cadence and smoothness of a naturally balanced engine.

Wish the SG had another gallon, 4.0 gal is just plain silly. You can't tell me those Japanese gents couldn't figure how to make the tank incrementally larger all around while keeping the lines of the bike. Anything 5.0 gal+ is good in my book. The Standard is perfect at 5.3 gal.
                        .......at 6.4gal. the Venturer is better yet. Sitting on all of 7.5gal.(no fuel topside on ST1100), its got way more legs than I got butt even with the Corbin tour seat. Have on occasion hit the 360mi. mark before low fuel lite comes on. .....Pertaining to the rally, any need to call for a headcount of the group site, or is all good as is?

Comment

• Want head count for Colorado Rally!

Yes, let's get a head count as we are getting closer to July 18-21.

Guys, respond to this thread so we can all see who is coming.

Recap as the rally gets closer...

The cost of the group site is $75/night which covers 10 people. The add'l cost after the first 10 people is $5/person/night.

Between rdmcguy and I, we did the 50% deposit to reserve the site.

I would like to keep it simple and do the cost based on an average of the total cost per person.

Example: If we have 16 guys show up first night using the group site, then the cost per night is $75 (for the first 10) plus $30 (6 guys x $5) for a total of $105. Divide $105 by 16 guys and that is the cost per night for each guy.

If some leave sooner or arrive later, we will adjust the total each day so each guy pays his real share in the space used.

Campground check in is 2 pm officially, but you can probably show up sooner from what they told me.

Sound good?
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Yes, let's get a head count as we are getting closer to July 18-21.

Guys, respond to this thread so we can all see who is coming.

Recap as the rally gets closer...

The cost of the group site is $75/night which covers 10 people. The add'l cost after the first 10 people is $5/person/night.

Between rdmcguy and I, we did the 50% deposit to reserve the site.

I would like to keep it simple and do the cost based on an average of the total cost per person.

Example: If we have 16 guys show up first night using the group site, then the cost per night is $75 (for the first 10) plus $30 (6 guys x $5) for a total of $105. Divide $105 by 16 guys and that is the cost per night for each guy.

If some leave sooner or arrive later, we will adjust the total each day so each guy pays his real share in the space used.

Campground check in is 2 pm officially, but you can probably show up sooner from what they told me.

Sound good?
                            Works for me.

Comment

• Consider this my RSVP.

CZ

Comment

• rsvp count

Me also, rsvp, via San Diego, Soccer4m or "Mike"
                                mike
                                1982 xj1100 maxim
                                1981 venture bagger
                                1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                                1959 wife

Comment

Working...
                                X