X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
    Me also, rsvp, via San Diego, Soccer4m or "Mike"
    Hi Mike,
    You'll get to repeat some of the mountain riding of 2011(WolfcreekPass) depending on your route, unless you come across farher north, in which case your MOST welcome to overnite at me'casa and ride a couple new(to you)mountain passes the 235mi. to the rally. Either way, be safe, stay hydraded across that Mojave, and looking forward to visiting with you!
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• yo,im in on the ride.maybe take the nomad.not sure yet.
      1978e. special forks.she's a frankinstien.a bit of this a bit of that.its a monster

Comment

• Originally posted by bobber View Post
        yo,im in on the ride.maybe take the nomad.not sure yet.
        Good to hear your coming Roo!...........stylin' on the Nomad.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Good deal guys, loving to hear all you guys coming. BA80 sounds like he's in, and a couple other guys possibly coming with him.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• This'll be fun. I think I'll do the Washington trip after the rally again but The California Contingent need to get our heads together and figure out a route because riding the 40 through the Mojave to Durango totally sucked sand.

I want to skip the 40 this time and head up the 15 to stop for the night in 'Vegas or, if I feel really motivated, Beaver, UT, for the night. In the morning, hit the 70 and schlep over to Brant's place and see if he's got the tars straight and the tread facing the right direction on The Bentley.

-- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Hey 3Phase...
              Least I got the spacers correctly located. When it's longer between tire changes(3-5yrs.) than I got memory, it's a wonder the front/rear wheels end up on the correct end of bike let alone what direction they're turnin' Now just gotta' get around to stuffin' the rear axle thru thru since its been a week since I hung the wheel on the splines and got side-tracked re-doing a bedroom as a guest bedroom(paint and now gets recarpeted tomorrow).
              Think I still got the righty-tighty, lefty-loosy part down tho.

Comment

• Bring Carbs?

Yeah I know what you mean about memory, I had to go look at the rear wheel spacers to see how they were set too.

Seriously though, should I pack the XJ carbs so we can do a carb swap for your bike without taking both of our bikes apart this time? For some reason the new manifold boots I put on back in 2008 are getting hardened. I don't know how many R&Rs are left in them before I break one of them but they're starting to split and crackle around the part that doesn't have the steel liner in it and I don't want to buy new boots this year.

-- Scott
                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                1979 XS1100F: parts
                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                  Yeah I know what you mean about memory, I had to go look at the rear wheel spacers to see how they were set too.

Seriously though, should I pack the XJ carbs so we can do a carb swap for your bike without taking both of our bikes apart this time? For some reason the new manifold boots I put on back in 2008 are getting hardened. I don't know how many R&Rs are left in them before I break one of them but they're starting to split and crackle around the part that doesn't have the steel liner in it and I don't want to buy new boots this year.

Only if they don't interfere with needed space for LD riding. Meanwhile, I'll soon be going back thru MikuniLand since they have a 'slight hitch in their getalong'. #4 not responding to mix. changes in the idle circuit, so thinkin at least got that last little bit of 'science project' bugger captured in the idle/pilot circuit or pilot jet, but they all are gonna get equal treatment. Will get back to you before you all head this way so your not packing anything unnecessarily.

Comment

• Colordo rally

You know i'll be there Can't let you guys have ALL the fun
                    Anyone coming through the Denver metro area is welcome to swing by my house on the way...I plan on leaving here about 11 am on Fri,...arriving at the campground about 2 pm...
                    feel free to send me a pm for my address or ph number..
                    Joe
                    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Well y'all, I just found out today that the vacation time I requested for this trip is a definite probably maybe not. I wasn't told no but I wasn't told yes either.

We are going into our busy summer months 1 guy short in the shop, if someone else gets hired on between then and now I can probably get the time but if not I'll be stuck at work.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• That sux! Place recruiting ads on Craigslist. Find another body!!

John
                        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• It's a catch 22 situation for me JW. If someone else is hired on my pay goes down because of less jobs for me, on the other hand more work for me means time off is iffy.

I made them a little gun shy last fall. Our extra body quit a day before I left for XSSE and I screwed up and crashed and kinda left them high and dry with 2 month recovery.

I understand completely, I don't have to like it though.
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            It's a catch 22 situation for me JW. If someone else is hired on my pay goes down because of less jobs for me, on the other hand more work for me means time off is iffy.

I made them a little gun shy last fall. Our extra body quit a day before I left for XSSE and I screwed up and crashed and kinda left them high and dry with 2 month recovery.

I understand completely, I don't have to like it though.
                            Was really lookin' forward to your showing Greg, but tottally understand the work thing, for those that still have to answer to that call. That's what keeps things XSessive for you.

Comment

• Like I said CZ, it's not a definite no it's a definite maybe.

I was looking forward to getting back to the REAL mountains. I'll get there one of these years.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                                Was really lookin' forward to your showing Greg, but tottally understand the work thing, for those that still have to answer to that call. That's what keeps things XSessive for you.
                                Yeah Brant, I'm waiting for that Publishers Clearing House van to show up in front of my house. No sign of it yet.

The trip is looking more like a go after the news of a new guy possibly starting next week.

Cross your fingers, toes, legs, and arms. but, don't cross your wives this close to a rally.
                                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X