2014 Colorado Rally Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
    It's all good........cowboy up and have fun!
    Update: Salina to GreenRiver, Scott's bike didn't use any oil(bout 115mi.) Wasn't the case previously. So who knows.
    They're leavin GreenRiver headed the hour and fourty five min. the G. Junction.
    Lookin' a bit better time wise to Cannon.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Keep us posted, Cz, Bohn, Xjok and Bonz are here at the campground.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        Wish I could have come dammit! I was looking forward to it.

Maybe next year. Have fun.
        Yes, too bad ya had to work.
        But, it was fun from my house to Salina...4 hrs 20 minutes in RAIN.
        It was 56 degrees when I left out...62 at 10:30 am in Salina.
        My bike was all shiny and clean when I left... but not by the time I arrived in Salina! Wasn't just dirt, either.
        I spent the majority of this morning scrubbing on it to get whatever that sticky film garbage was off....

I was glad Bohn brought his enclosed trailer. It rained on us all the way to Colorado Springs.

So...see what ya missed?

'Course, I've always been told, "If ya don't ride in the rain, ya don't ride."
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• No pics?

Bah!

John
          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
            No pics?

Bah!

John
            Sorry. Not yet. I'll work on that.
            Stay tuned. Tomorrow's the ride.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
              Yes, too bad ya had to work.
              But, it was fun from my house to Salina...4 hrs 20 minutes in RAIN.
              It was 56 degrees when I left out...62 at 10:30 am in Salina.
              My bike was all shiny and clean when I left... but not by the time I arrived in Salina! Wasn't just dirt, either.
              I spent the majority of this morning scrubbing on it to get whatever that sticky film garbage was off....

I was glad Bohn brought his enclosed trailer. It rained on us all the way to Colorado Springs.

So...see what ya missed?

'Course, I've always been told, "If ya don't ride in the rain, ya don't ride."
              Ehhhhhh.........I ain't skeered. I've ridden in miserable rain before. It's just water.

My bike probably would have been cleaner because of it.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                Ehhhhhh.........I ain't skeered. I've ridden in miserable rain before. It's just water.

My bike probably would have been cleaner because of it.
                This was not just water, or typical road film. That crap wipes off easy.
                This was a sticky film, and not even the car wash would blast it off.
                Took expensive Plexus and a LOT of scrubbing muscle...

Rain doesn't bother me. I got gear. It's all those thousands of tiny little orifices on that bike that crap gets in that sux!

Makes for a lot of work!

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

• Salt..............
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• First one home

Howdy,
                    I guess I am the first one home.
                    Just walked in the door but wanted to update ya''ll.
                    A great weekend!!!!!!Minor mishaps...(lost my baffle...but found it later)
                    Only a tiny amount of rain...No crashes or breakdowns...Great riding buddies,Fantastic event planning..(Thanks Bonz).....I was glad to meet more of the members....What a great bunch of guys!!!!I will try to post some pics. a bit later....but need to unpack and reorganize my gear....

Joe
                    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Ditto on what rdmcguy said. Great mix of a new fellows and familiar faces, riding was great, good roads, light traffic for the most part and the comraderie was there from the moment everyone arrived. Thanks for taking the time to be part of the Rally.

Will try to get a few pics up once I get them to photobucket.

Safe travels XS'ers!
                      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• rally pics.

I am having a difficult time uploading pics.. have to do them one at a time..
                        78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• Got home bout 6:30pm. Roo and Scott are stayin' overnite. Mike left camp bout 6:30am as he needed to be home(SanDiego) Tue evening. Figured he'd marathon it as far today as St.George, Utah and fill in the other 4 1/2 hrs. Tues. All went well, Scotts bike used oil.....then it didn't.......then it did. That engine seems a bit confused. Course, I'd be too, as motor can't decide if it's an XS or an XJ.
                          800mi., the Bentley took a half quart somewhere along the line(CRS).
                          Greg......missed ya buddy.......but your work got done..
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Another pic

Mike ....Pikes peak descent...13;500 ft above sea level

Comment

• another pic.

Brant,mike,Roo and Scott roll....

Comment

• More pics to follow

I am not the best at posting pics..Thought at least it was a beginning

Until then Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X