• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
    Phil,

What is wrong with Addie?
    Hi Mike,
    Just a whole lot of minor things that have kept me from riding this season and continual repairs are not what I am interested in.
    Carbs took more than 2 years to sort out with the patient help of Tinman905
    Engine has run fine ever since BDF put it together. Having put more than 40,000 Kilometers on since the restoration the front suspension is sagged the engine and rear drive leak oil and the electrical system does not function properly.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
      not sure what your issues wtih Addie are Phil...but it seems carbs were never right and every time you want to take a trip you have to fix something...the Connie will go many trouble free miles...I've ridden 85000 miles on 2 ST1100s and the only things i did was add gas...oil and tires...I did have one failure with my '01 ST1100 and i was able to have it fixed for free because of the fine network of ST owners..other than that one time ocuurance everything else has been trouble free...If my XS1100 ran like Addie then i too wouldnt be very happy with it...however that is not the case ... IMHO Addie needs a total makeover...engine...carbs... electrical...just a guess on my part tho'
      Hi Ben,
      You are righ about a complete make over. Actaully the engine and carbs are about the only parts that currently work correctly
      Phil
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Your Venturer is still a rare beast...I wouldnt be quick to get rid of it...it will be nice to get it sorted out at a pace that is more leisurely now that you have a reliable scoot in the Concours...saving the XS for the more local stuff and the Connie for the big LD rides...Thats what I did when I had the ST1100(s)...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
          It followed me home.....can I keep it

Phil
          Phil, CONGRATS on that new machine. Just AWESOME.

Good to give Addie a break on those LD runs. Plus buys some time to sort things out on Addie. (Riding it from Atlanta to Peace Bridge a few years ago was a blast, even with the carb troubles back then). I'm looking forward to seeing you at XS SE since we missed last month.

I'm already On My Way to XS SE. BUT, since it took me 2,646 miles to get to Hurricane Utah, it will likely take me about that getting home. Well, maybe minus a few curves.

I did have lunch with Motoman & Motowoman last Sunday. Stewart joined us to since he was riding westbound with me. Seeing Brant & Anita was real real great.

Riding yesterday through Zion Park
          (After big storm the day before washed piles of SAND all over the road)

Took an AM ride in Colorado National Monument before meeting up with Motoman & Motowoman
          (That sure made Mr Grumpy smile)

Well, its time to start riding EAST. Planning Zion, Bryce, Grand Staircase to Hanksville UT today. Then Canyonlands & Mesa Verde to Mancos CO the following night. Rode most of that going west but its so great a ride it needs a re-do going east.

Plan to be in ATL on 23rd then get ready to ride up to Iron Horse with the Atlanta contingent on 25th. SAFE TRAVELS to everyone going the XS SE. Watch for the crazy's.

Jeff
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Cool Jeff...Safe travels to you as well...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Nice trip Jeff.
              80 SG
              81 SH in parts
              99 ST1100
              91 ST1100

Comment

• Jeff, it looks like you have been having too much fun and I hope your ride back east is just as good.
                I am getting an early start tomorrow heading to the XSSE rally. I am going to Black Mt. for the NC CMA state rally this weekend. Monday I plan to meet up with a friend and ride back roads north to V, WV, Ky, Tenn, and back to Black Mt. I hope to be at the Iron Horse by 4:00 PM on the 25th.
                I could not ride for nine months due to a hip replacement that went horribly wrong. I have only ridden about five hundred miles in the last three weeks. I would love to in better condition for the ride, but I am going to give it a try.
                80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
                and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

• Ride safe Earl...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Thanks Ben, heading out at 7:00 am tomorrow!!!
                    80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
                    and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

• Thanks for all the positive feed back. While looking forward to my new ride I have not abandoned all hope of getting Addie to back together.
                      See you all soon at XSSE.
                      Phil
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Awesome, Jeff!

You're riding my favorite annual ride! Love that area.

Nice Wing! Can't beat one of those for a LD tour.

Good you got to see Brant & Anita.

Ride safe, and have a great rally.
                        Bob
                        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                          Phil, CONGRATS on that new machine. Just AWESOME.

Good to give Addie a break on those LD runs. Plus buys some time to sort things out on Addie. (Riding it from Atlanta to Peace Bridge a few years ago was a blast, even with the carb troubles back then). I'm looking forward to seeing you at XS SE since we missed last month.

I'm already On My Way to XS SE. BUT, since it took me 2,646 miles to get to Hurricane Utah, it will likely take me about that getting home. Well, maybe minus a few curves.

I did have lunch with Motoman & Motowoman last Sunday. Stewart joined us to since he was riding westbound with me. Seeing Brant & Anita was real real great.

Riding yesterday through Zion Park
                          (After big storm the day before washed piles of SAND all over the road)

Took an AM ride in Colorado National Monument before meeting up with Motoman & Motowoman
                          (That sure made Mr Grumpy smile)

Well, its time to start riding EAST. Planning Zion, Bryce, Grand Staircase to Hanksville UT today. Then Canyonlands & Mesa Verde to Mancos CO the following night. Rode most of that going west but its so great a ride it needs a re-do going east.

Plan to be in ATL on 23rd then get ready to ride up to Iron Horse with the Atlanta contingent on 25th. SAFE TRAVELS to everyone going the XS SE. Watch for the crazy's.

Jeff
                          Hi Jeff,
                          hat looks like a great ride. Keep posting pictures
                          See you at the Iron Horse. Ride Safe.
                          Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• If you're going on the group ride on Saturday........

arrive at the Iron Horse with a full tank of gasoline!

If you have to do it in the morning, the closest fuel is ten miles round trip.
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

• I have the shirts!

Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

• Ahh. Navy Blue. I was thinking they were the Royal Blue. Both good colors, so we look stylish either way.
                                1979 XS1100F
                                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X