Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty bike

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    A wise move Mike...these roads demand good tires...as you will see...
    Good looking Special. Well done. Can't ride in the rain though. I bet you can really sneak up on people with those invisible wheels and tires. LOL
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Finally managed to get a new tire mounted to the front. 7 years old and cupping so had to go. Packing to night riding after work to morrow. must find rain suit.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Spy Satellite

Recent Spy Satellite footage has revealed the recent arrival of two vintage Yamahas at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC!

An investigation is currently underway to identify the suspects.

1981 XS1100H Venturer
        K&N Air Filter
        ACCT
        Custom Paint by Deitz
        Stebel Nautilus Horn
        EBC Front Rotors

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
          Recent Spy Satellite footage has revealed the recent arrival of two vintage Yamahas at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC!

An investigation is currently underway to identify the suspects.

Good! I know that bike, and the owner. He's WINGNUT on here.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
            Finally managed to get a new tire mounted to the front. 7 years old and cupping so had to go. Packing to night riding after work to morrow. must find rain suit.
            Phil
            Hey Phil- Do u have a Meijer up-there? I saw rain suits there in their hunting section?
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
              Hey Phil- Do u have a Meijer up-there? I saw rain suits there in their hunting section?
              Hi Ian,
              I have a WetSkins suit that works quite well. I have found it and packed it.
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                Hi Ian,
                I have a WetSkins suit that works quite well. I have found it and packed it.
                Phil
                Phil I suspect the Connie to be much like my STs' ..in the rain while you are moving the fairings do an excellent job of keeping most of it off of you...be safe and enjoy sport touring...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Too kind!

Thanks for all the kind compliments guys.

Threw the wheels back on, loaded it up, and made it to Covington, KY after work today.

See 'ya tomorrow!
                  -Mike
                  _________
                  '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                  '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                  '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                  '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                  '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                  '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                  '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

• I'm leaving Fenton, MI around 7p after a power nap, and should be in Charlotte around 7a tomorrow to see my twin. Four hours from Charlotte to Stecoah. Will see yah guys around 4:30p.
                    1979 XS1100F
                    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

• change of plans...gonna ride instead of trailering...figure on some rain somewhere along the route...but thats part of the adventure...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Absolute bummer that it's going to rain this weekend!
                        1979 XS1100F

Comment

• this region has dynamic weather...so whats forecast in one place like Robbinsville for example might not be valid for where we will be riding... the mtns make their own weather...so if it isnt a total deluge I suspect some folks will still ride...albeit a bit more slowly if the roads are wet...
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Weather

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                            this region has dynamic weather...so whats forecast in one place like Robbinsville for example might not be valid for where we will be riding... the mtns make their own weather...so if it isnt a total deluge I suspect some folks will still ride...albeit a bit more slowly if the roads are wet...
                            Not that it will be the same, but rode up there last with precipitation percentages of 80, 40, and 60%. Did NOT get wet. Just watched the radar.

Rather be lucky than good.
                            1981 XS1100H Venturer
                            K&N Air Filter
                            ACCT
                            Custom Paint by Deitz
                            Stebel Nautilus Horn
                            EBC Front Rotors

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
                              Thanks for all the kind compliments guys.

Threw the wheels back on, loaded it up, and made it to Covington, KY after work today.

See 'ya tomorrow!

Covington Ky,I don't live far from there.
                              '80 XS1100 SG
                              Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

• Good MC road

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                                Another ride to consider in the area is The Loop. Some of us went to Hot Springs, NC last year for lunch and rode The Loop. Very nice twisties there:

http://beforeitsnews.com/travel/2015...2-2471798.html

Look here also:

http://smokymountainrider.com/
                                Yes! Riding that loop was quite enjoyable for me. I recommend it as a pretty good MC road.
                                Getting XSited about this rally now. Hope to see you tomarrow in NC

Brent in GA
                                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                                Brent in GA
                                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                                X