XS Southeast 2015 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS Southeast 2015 discussion

It's already time to plan for 2015. The rally will be held at the Iron Horse 25-27 September.

Some of you who attended the 2014 rally departed without making a reservation for 2015. Your room is no longer held for you, but may still be available if you want it. Those who wish to return to the same room need to make their reservation ASAP. The entire resort is held for us until January 1. At that time, space becomes available to the general public. I would love to see us fill the place up!
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

I plan to be there but I cannot committ this early...doesnt matter to me what room i get...i'm prolly going to wait 'til late in the game...like this year..i did fine...2015 will be the 5th year @ the Iron Horse already
    BTW at lunch in Hot Springs on Sunday...by the time I got there i was wiped...so I missed the Hurricane loop...would have liked to do that but it was all I could do just getting back to the IH...partly attribute my weariness to old age and the plan next year is to trailer to the IH saving me from having to ride the day before the rally...Having cervical vertebrae issues that radiate down my arms and hands...alot of discomfort that wore me down in a relatively short period of time...
    Last edited by madmax-im; 10-13-2014, 10:10 AM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
      I plan to be there but I cannot committ this early...doesnt matter to me what room i get...i'm prolly going to wait 'til late in the game...like this year..i did fine...2015 will be the 5th year @ the Iron Horse already
      BTW at lunch in Hot Springs on Sunday...by the time I got there i was wiped...so I missed the Hurricane loop...would have liked to do that but it was all I could do just getting back to the IH...partly attribute my weariness to old age and the plan next year is to trailer to the IH saving me from having to ride the day before the rally...Having cervical vertebrae issues that radiate down my arms and hands...alot of discomfort that wore me down in a relatively short period of time...

Hey Marty...
      Here's proof...

He wasn't kiddin'!
      Lol....

Sorry, Ben... couldn't resist pulling this one out...too perfect!
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Thats ok Bob......my neck was really hurting at that point
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi MadMaxim.
          Well done on knowing when you needed to stop.
          It can be hard at times especially when in a group to recognize when our own limit has been reached.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Thanks Phil...for once i had some common sense... Eh?
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Marty, I for one thought that the groups were a bit confusing this year. Maybe it was just me though.

I'm sticking with Gary again next time. I got bored a few times on the rides.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it again next year. I would really like to talk Cody (Maximan) and some others from the North Central and North West into showing up. I hope Scott can make it again too.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                Hopefully I'll be able to make it again next year. I would really like to talk Cody (Maximan) and some others from the North Central and North West into showing up. I hope Scott can make it again too.
                We have the whole place reserved until January. Let's fill it up!
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

I'm booked...and i suspect I'll have the same roomie as well...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Way to go, Ben!

I know it's early, but because of the kind of business the Iron Horse is, it's in their best interest to do it this way. As it stands, the entire resort is reserved for us until January 1st.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Dunno what it would take in terms of numbers of people to fill the IH...but it would be cool if we owned the place... FWIW making a reservation now,but they wont take a deposit until 60 days prior to the date of our little rally...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi Ben,
                        You are correct I will be there. I found heading home on Sunday afternoon worked very well.
                        Phil
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                          I found heading home on Sunday afternoon worked very well.
                          Phil
                          I do miss having you at the campfire on Sunday night.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                            Hi Ben,
                            You are correct I will be there. I found heading home on Sunday afternoon worked very well.
                            Phil
                            In the 5 years I've attended...I've stayed an extra day 3 yrs ...another year I left after lunch on Sunday and one year i left on that mon a.m. I like having an extra day or 2 to come back...but then i dont have to ride for 2 days to get home
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                              I do miss having you at the campfire on Sunday night.
                              Well thanks Marty. I would have liked to ride the hurricane and come back to IH but it was still a 12 hour day from Princeton WV to home.
                              Having had dry weather for the last three years I was sure it would be cold and wet for the ride home. It was raining when I set off but stopped within a few minutes and warmed up soon after. No dragged out feeling the next day and crossing the NY ThruWay in daylight were the otherside of the trade off.
                              I would love to be able to take 2 full days in both directions and have an extra day to explore a bit too. Maybe the lottery will come up soon
                              Phil
                              1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                              X