No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2015 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my reservation was made last year before i went home...so it looks like I'll be there too...havent ordered a shirt yet...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I plan to be there late Thursday afternoon. I will be taking 264 from Greenville to I 40 to Exit 27 and 74 S and 28 to the Ironhorse. I am not sure at this point if I will be on the bike or car. I rode the bike for the first time last week since last November. I had replacement hip surgery last December and it went terribly wrong. It has been a long slow recovery, but I am getting there.
      I have a couple friends that want to go, but not sure they will make it.
      80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
      and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

• I'll be there too. Sharing with Ben. Must get started on the bike as lots of little things to do.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• I'm going

I just haven't finalized any lodging arrangements yet.
          I guess I better get hot.
          Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
          The Green Monster
          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
          Got him in '04.
          bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
          Scarlet
          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
          Got her in '11
          Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
          Hugo
          Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
          Cold weather ride

Comment

• Originally posted by GLoweVA View Post
            I just haven't finalized any lodging arrangements yet.
            I guess I better get hot.
            Hi George,
            If all the cabins have gone. The bunk house is just across from the bathroom and close to the lodge. Tent is always an option.
            Tuskeegee Motel is a few miles away and others stay there.
            Will be nice to see you again.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
              Hi George,
              If all the cabins have gone. The bunk house is just across from the bathroom and close to the lodge. Tent is always an option.
              Tuskeegee Motel is a few miles away and others stay there.
              Will be nice to see you again.
              Phil
              Thanks Phil, 2 years ago i stayed in the bunkhouse, last year i split a cabin room with ron.
              Not sure what to do this year.

The Green Monster
              K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
              Got him in '04.

Scarlet
              Got her in '11
              Ready for the twisties!

Hugo
              Cold weather ride

Comment

• Cool Mountain Air

I am thinking of that cool (Smoky) mountain air...............................

1981 XS1100H Venturer
                K&N Air Filter
                ACCT
                Custom Paint by Deitz
                Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                Stebel Nautilus Horn
                EBC Front Rotors
                Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Yes the cool alpine air and mountains to infinity....so looking forward to this one...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• There's a post on the FB site. Looking to share room. Check it out if you're looking.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Thanks Phil, 2 years ago i stayed in the bunkhouse, last year i split a cabin room with ron.
                      Not sure what to do this year.
                      Hello GLowe- I have a room reserved at the Lodge. Ur more than welcome to share with me (free of charge).
                      1979 XS1100F
                      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                        Hello GLowe- I have a room reserved at the Lodge. Ur more than welcome to share with me (free of charge).
                        Ian, YES,.and thank you. Before we finalize this, i have to warn you i snore like a wood chipper, so if that'll be a problem i can make other arrangements.

The Green Monster
                        Got him in '04.

Scarlet
                        Got her in '11
                        Ready for the twisties!

Hugo
                        Cold weather ride

Comment

Ian, YES,.and thank you. Before we finalize this, i have to warn you i snore like a wood chipper, so if that'll be a problem i can make other arrangements.
                          Lol, I slept through a butt-whooping my dad gave me as a kid (well-deserved, from my understanding), that I still do not remember to this day. Snoring is minute in-comparison I'll call and ask if they can make it a double bed. That, or it'll just be a "no-homo" night, lol.
                          1979 XS1100F
                          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

• I was told I snore but I stayed up all night and did not snore once she was lying.I wanna come down but if I do it will be a last minute type of deal sorry to say.Will sleep in car at campground or where ever.
                            '80 XS1100 SG
                            Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

• Originally posted by STEPPENWOLF View Post
                              I was told I snore but I stayed up all night and did not snore once she was lying.I wanna come down but if I do it will be a last minute type of deal sorry to say.Will sleep in car at campground or where ever.
                              I hope you can make it, and bring Mr. Beardslee with you!

Shirts won't be available until the last minute. Less than three weeks left on those.

We aren't getting any younger. Start the ritual pilgrimage now!
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

• Hey folks,

Okay, a lot of stuff going on at home, wasn't sure if I could attend, but looks like I can, just made my reservations at the Tuskeegee Motel, have stayed there for several years now. They still have a couple of singles, doubles, and a couple of efficiencies.

Also, received this email from one of the folks in the Vstrom group, looks like there will be some of them there at the I-H that same weekend. Here's the reply I provided as well as a link to THIS forum thread if they wanted to view it. Looks like my estimate of how many attending was a bit LOW!!

About a dozen or so of us "vstrom" guys will be at the Iron Horse Campground (in NC) the same weekend you guys will be there......Sept 24-27. Can you give me some info concerning your rally (or get-together).....how many are signed up to come?? What events do y'all have there at the Lodge (if any)?? Nightime activities planned?? etc, etc......
                                We have our annual Vstrom Rally there every year in May and typically "over-take" the place with 60-80 in attendance. I promise our guys will stay out of your way (we are a very laid-back bunch!!!), but look forward to seeing some of your vintage iron!!!
                                Thanks!!
                                Mark Boulware (aka "mark444" and/or "Moto-Kafe" on the other forums)
                                B'ham, Al
                                Hey there Mark,

Our get together started in the early 2000's as a Vintage Japanese Bike Rally...near SUCHES, Ga. at TWO, was mostly 650 twins and such at first. Then a few of us with XS11's found out about it. After a few years the original host bailed, we sorta took it over and it got turned into an XS11 rally, but our association accepts all riders of all bikes. We have had folks with Harleys, Goldwings, Beemers, Crotch rockets, etc. attend our gathering. Some had XS11's previously, but then moved on to newer machines, but kept in touch with our group, and still attend our rallies. Over the years we have had about 20 or so bikers, but it's been getting larger every year. As I'm sure you know, those mountain roads are some of the best riding in the country and that's what attracts many of us to enjoy them. I haven't checked the Rally thread to see how many folks have promised they will attend. Ours are RIDING rallies, we plan ~200 mile runs each day for the rally, have a good spot for lunch, and then just come back to the Iron Horse for dinner and chat and such. The Saturday night we hold our informal "awards" ceremony upstairs for an hour or so, but that's about it.

We're sorta laid back also....many of us are of the MATURE crowd....50+ y/o's but we also have some youngin's as well. Some of us have had our bikes since new. Other's remember these machines when they were new but couldn't afford them back then, but now they can, and find them a variety of ways, barn finds, craigs list, etc.. Then a few of them inherit them from their fathers. Others are young folks looking for a bike to chop/Cafe and come across them not knowing what they have found until they come to our website/Forums, and then they realize the Old GOLD they have found. Some still Chop/Cafe them, others do a decent restore or rehab. These machines were overengineered by Yamaha and they can last 200K miles with proper maintanence. So....you'll see a variety of these beasts.... Showroom restorations, others with some serious mods, cafes and bobbers, etc.! Looking forward to meeting you all, and we'll try not to get in your way either!
                                Now gotta get a hold of George to see if he wouldn't mind a tag along running with him for the 2 days he's going to be taking to ride down via the scenic way!?

T.C.
                                T. C. Gresham
                                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                                History shows again and again,
                                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                                X